3175 Grafts Doctor Cinik- Norwood 3

Blackweasel

4 hours ago, fabofly said:

Dude I totally get why you are so upset but you are being irrational. Think about what people were telling you about running a cycle at age 18. I'm sure many told you, you were making a huge mistake that you ended up paying for.

Listen to the doctor and let the hair be. 

Let the hair be in what way? 

Im only using minoxidl, fina and spiro as topicals. I really dont think my regimen is that extreme. It seems like anyone that takes more than 1mg finasteride is a bad boy here or something?

Im currently going through ugly duckling phase and would like my crown and HT to fill nicely by 12 months, hence I ethically want to throw all I can at it. Ive got cyproterone acetate in the drawer which im not using, that would probably be irrational. 

Lots of new vellous hair on temples, hopefully they will go terminal and thicken up as time goes by. I can defo see something happening on temples. Nothing on crown/ mid scalp just yet. Now on Minoxidl 3 months, Finasteride 2 months. Dutasteride approx 1.5 weeks.Topical spiro 1.5 weeks. 

Some side effects to report since starting dutasteride:

Random minor ball ache

slight tenderness in breast, keeping a close eye and there is no gyno just yet. Ill have Raloxifene at hand for peace of mind. 

sleeping seems a little more challenging, may have to do with meds or may not. 

Irregular heart beat with minoxidl and also some water retention from Minoxidl. Im also getting vellous hair everywhere on forehead/ face. Eyebrows growing longer. Black eye sockets with Minoxidl. Trying to counter all this with Aloe vera gel applied to face 2x daily. 

Less Libido and sex drive BUT I still get erections and still same consitency. 

Beards seems to be growing slightly slower. 

60DE0221-020E-43C5-A891-FCA6226FBFE6.jpeg

Updated pic on crown and me at baseline.

I think magic is very slowly happening, hard to tell with a shaved head but I do think my hair is slowly thickening up. 

I see a small number of terminal hairs also sprouting at hairline. Which is great. 

Fue scars are invisible 2 months after the procedure. Im down to 0 guard and nobody has noticed anything was done to my head. A testament to Dr Cinik and his staffs extraction and scar-less tecnique (atleast in my case). 

29A0FADA-A7BF-4060-A519-69F9C293C14A.jpeg

8FA79B6A-375B-4E2F-8E66-929E70F73A28.jpeg

1 hour ago, Blackweasel said:

Close to Invisible FUE scars- 3175 grafts. Only 2 months after the operation.

im very happy I can shave to low guard if I eventually loose the battle against MPB. 

7ADBDE38-EDFB-446D-A6E4-FDF1FCA7E1AC.jpeg

Can you show us the overall donor that includes top and sides untouched? Your scarring is obviously very good. But with fue there will always be a decrease in density where the hair is harvested. This can sometimes he noticeable with short hair 

22 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

Can you show us the overall donor that includes top and sides untouched? Your scarring is obviously very good. But with fue there will always be a decrease in density where the hair is harvested. This can sometimes he noticeable with short hair 

So you want to see full pic of donor?

or pic of donor before FUE procedure?

i dont have any pics of donor shaved on low guard as I had longer hair before the clinic shaved my head. Am keeping hair shaved now since its easier and more effective to apply topicals (minox, spiro, fina etc) on a shaved head. Heres a pic of my whole donor area 1.5 month after FUE

5514D6FC-8AF2-4227-B37B-3AF559ED6550.jpeg

CA0BE929-34FB-41FA-BF6A-BC14D781C4EF.jpeg

E07145A4-BCB7-4DC5-85BA-2D48AF7DBDE2.jpeg

A87FE459-3521-42E0-B5F3-B1B842BD1D6D.jpeg

Just now, LonelyGraft said:

Looks great. To the untrained eye it’s very difficult to tell.

I agree, and must remember its only been 5 weeks since operation in those pictures and 3175 grafts were taken which is a substantial amount. Its also shaved down to lowest guard possible 0. Cinik and staff did a wonderful job, hopefully the growth in 3 months is just as good as the minimal scarring. 

Ok guys.... Im 100% im getting regrowth now.

had some vellous hair down on my original lower hairline and I can see them slowly all going terminal. You can even see very few thicker hairs sprouting. Its very slow progress.... but atleast its something! 

Oral: Still on 0.5 duta x2 per week. 2.5 mg fina daily saw palmetto 200mg+ dermaroll 0.5

Topical: 15% minox+ fina+ topical Spiro. Soon starting 2.5 mg oral Minoxidl. Possibly try 100mg oral Spironolactone, libido is still good if not a little better possibly due to test increase via DHT inhibition. Worst side effects have honestly been from Minoxidl thus far....

• 1 month later...

Very happy to finally be seeing progress.

compared crown pics from January to today and ive definately progressed in the crown area.

Started 200mg oral Spironolactone and 5mg oral minoxidl about a week ago, I am hoping and praying I can recover to a happy NW2. 

9E0AD1E8-816B-490F-AC26-F01BE64C889A.png

92F6D105-000B-4832-9787-D8409746B87A.jpeg

Edited by Blackweasel

3 hours ago, Blackweasel said:

Very happy to finally be seeing progress.

compared crown pics from January to today and ive definately progressed in the crown area.

Started 200mg oral Spironolactone and 5mg oral minoxidl about a week ago, I am hoping and praying I can recover to a happy NW2. 

9E0AD1E8-816B-490F-AC26-F01BE64C889A.png

92F6D105-000B-4832-9787-D8409746B87A.jpeg

Bro....why are you going on these hardcore drugs after a hair transplant? Be reasonable and use fin or MAYBE dut if you’re sure you have a tendency for a high norwood. Oral spiro drops your testosterone levels as well as increases potassium levels so you need to monitor your diet very carefully. Oral minox can cause more body hair growth as well as affect your blood pressure. Please think long term. I know it’s easy to go overboard and you are pretty young (I also pondered going on oral spiro years ago when I was young but decided against it)

• 2 weeks later...

I have basically restored my crown. Thats why.... I only got like 100 grafts on crown and no point having a nice front if my crown is visibly balding. I dont like the balding look and would end up shaving and being depressed. 

Being honest there have been no sides and ive been on 200mg Spiro for 2 weeks. The difference it makes is beyond beleif and except having sore left nipple I have 0 sides, I shed 0 hair. 

When there is no sign of balding I will taper down doses. I dont want to use more of my donor at all, ever if possible. I am now at 4.5 months after the op and 6 months into meds. I think I will have a ful l head of hair very soon with minimal signs of balding. Heres for hoping. 

94BAC15F-4ED6-4712-AFA5-DB500DC58E0A.jpeg

A2A210AD-F902-4BA4-827A-4B0498FFE832.jpeg

Edited by Blackweasel