8300 grafts fue donor results

Guy73

I just want to post my donor results from my 3rd transplant 10 days ago. Healing nicely after about 4 bottles of h2ocean spray. Lol 

I’m I might have 2000 left if I ever needed it but that maybe pushing it. 

And doctors say fue is not for large cases?

58C24FAE-1F0C-4EBB-ADF2-B63677BF2380.jpeg

Edited by Guy73

6 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Could be growth but also could be grafts pushing the hairs up and soon out for the shed phase....unless you didn’t shed much in your previous procedures?

I did shed quite a bit the first time and even the second. For me most of the grew out and in about 30 days the shedding begins. But I will say at least 95% if not more grows back. I was even concerned on going back for a third because up close I felt it was too close to place any more grafts. Now what that being said in real harsh lights I did have a little see through in front. People on here say that’s just the way it is and to deal with it. 3rd time in the chair the doctor checked my front to mid area under a scope. I had going in about 68-70 grafts per sq cm . He added another 30 grafts per sq cm. So will see how this turns out! At this point probably not possible to add more even if I wanted. 

Edited by Guy73

4 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

Wow can you provide more info in terms of who performed your surgeries and maybe pics of where you began?

I did not have much hair in the front at all going in. My hairline to mid scalp at this point is probably completely transplanted. This pic is like 5 years ago so you know I lost more being on no meds except rogaine and laser.  I will ask my doctor if I can mention his name and get back to you. He is very busy and does a lot if referrals. Also can be hard to get ahold of if this is your first time with him. Definitely not turkey though. Lol 

I can say it’s all done using the DHI method of fue using a implanter pen tool instead of forseps. 
I marked the photos for all 3 procedures  below.

C7E211EF-D3B1-4BE0-A8C9-43C2159B7E68.jpeg

7CD8427D-41D3-42AF-895C-C5BF16A90EDA.jpeg

8EF0CDD2-0511-4D4A-88C2-CA3B115A6736.jpeg

C24E57A8-3F8D-4F68-8E1D-5DE230064D54.jpeg

Edited by Guy73

All grown out after my second procedure in these pictures. Very happy and probably did not need a third. But after about 2 years after my second I wanted to cut it real short to really get a idea where my hair was. Then I realized I could use just little more...although I did not think another 2500 grafts but I wanted as much as possible and hopefully never go back!!

F4640D42-0D50-4770-8D2A-8DB2ED8F0C90.jpeg

C6D4BEC4-BA62-4FC1-94A3-B1A236559ECF.jpeg

9C9CD758-C8E6-4224-9862-943AD591ED03.jpeg

CE842EA3-986B-4D97-BEC5-958375D13291.jpeg

• Administrators

This must be a record for our site. 8,400 grafts via FUE is unheard of, you're blessed with an amazing donor my friend happy growing 🙌 

Please keep us updated on your progress, i'm sure this thread will become very popular.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

30 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I recall Dr. Vories saying that he can typically extract anywhere from 7,000-9,000 grafts depending on the donor. This is the first FUE only case I've seen that comes close to the 9k mark, so that's pretty cool.

Yeah I was just double checking the exact count is more closer to 8300.  I should correct this in my post. I will have to look at my papers. I should list all the doubles and single hairs and so forth. I know the average hair count per graft is 2 hairs giving me over 16k hairs in all. I will have to look at my papers again. Also the first procedure was completely extracted using a manual punch. The last two procedures were done using a oscillating extractor. I was told this oscillating way is less trauma and gives a better yield. 

Edited by Guy73

42 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I recall Dr. Vories saying that he can typically extract anywhere from 7,000-9,000 grafts depending on the donor. This is the first FUE only case I've seen that comes close to the 9k mark, so that's pretty cool.

There is a guy on here who used to post under the username 'acegik' a few years back.....believe he had 5000 grafts done at ASMED and 15 months later followed it up with another 4000 grafts with them. 

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

There is a guy on here who used to post under the username 'acegik' a few years back.....believe he had 5000 grafts done at ASMED and 15 months later followed it up with another 4000 grafts with them. 

Yeah I am definitely not a record by any stretch. I just hope after this last one they all grow! He did pack it tight! 
wow I did check that guy out!! I think I had a better yield then him on my first procedure but that second really made a difference!! I went through his post and his 10 mark is similar to mine to hopefully it turns out that thick!!!

Edited by Guy73

• Moderators

It looks good. It sounds like you have an above average donor. Just make sure you save some donor for possible future use if you lose more hair. Don't use everything up in the current thinning areas because the area may get bigger over the years.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Not the world record, but I can count the amount of FUE cases that have surpassed 7K grafts on one hand. Pretty amazing feat.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 9/30/2019 at 3:18 AM, Guy73 said:

I did not have much hair in the front at all going in. My hairline to mid scalp at this point is probably completely transplanted. This pic is like 5 years ago so you know I lost more being on no meds except rogaine and laser.  I will ask my doctor if I can mention his name and get back to you. He is very busy and does a lot if referrals. Also can be hard to get ahold of if this is your first time with him. Definitely not turkey though. Lol 

I can say it’s all done using the DHI method of fue using a implanter pen tool instead of forseps. 
I marked the photos for all 3 procedures  below.

C7E211EF-D3B1-4BE0-A8C9-43C2159B7E68.jpeg

7CD8427D-41D3-42AF-895C-C5BF16A90EDA.jpeg

8EF0CDD2-0511-4D4A-88C2-CA3B115A6736.jpeg

C24E57A8-3F8D-4F68-8E1D-5DE230064D54.jpeg

Thanks. I’ll take a guess and say Nader from Mexico. He’s been mentioned here many times on the forum. You look great btw

• Like 1

2week Mark. Most of the hair stuck and is growing. I had a few that fell with the crust. I started back on rogaine already. Hopefully the shed is only like 50% like last time. 

AD7ACF78-8148-4A71-85EE-35EEC1701B0E.jpeg

Edited by Guy73

• Administrators

Wow that looks amazing, i'm not sure if you answered yet, but who was the surgeon?

View my thread

Damn, real nice, congrats... I would really appreciate and i am sure i'm not the only one who would, if you could do a detailed comment with number of grafts for every transplant, cost and if you were or are on any medication like finasteride for example... Good luck and keep posting, it's very interesting and could help others also... And maybe if the doctor agrees you could share his name and clinic?

Dr. Vories was mentioned several times in this thread of posts.  I’ve had a total of 7,125 FUE grafts transplanted by Dr. Vories.   He performed my first FUE surgery in 2012.  He transplanted 5,125 grafts over 2.5 days.  Two years later we did 2,000 more grafts to thicken up some areas.  I attended the International Hair Restoration conference with him twice and my head was examined by many surgeons.  All were impressed and several suggested that I have a third surgery of approx. 2,000 more grafts to fill in the crown area.  I’ve never had another surgery because I’m very happy with my current results.

Glad to be on your large number of grafts...team “Guy73”.  You can see my entire journey at my website posted below.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

This looks great. Your donor looks really good too.

I’ve actually had 9,133 grafts - all via FUE and across 4 operations over 6 years. I was a bit worried about my donor, but I’m now coming up to 8 weeks post surgery, and it’s looking a lot better  

9133 FUE grafts over 4 operations:

1)  Dr De Reys - 3000 grafts in 2012; 2) Dr De Reys - 1800 grafts in 2014; 3) Dr Raghu Reddy - 1200 grafts in 2017; 4)  Dr Arshad - 3133 grafts in 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54899-9133-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-in-2013-1800-dr-de-reys-2014-1200-dr-reddy-2017-3133-dr-arshad-2019/

35 minutes ago, Edsarn2017 said:

I’ve actually had 9,133 grafts - all via FUE and across 4 operations over 6 years. I was a bit worried about my donor, but I’m now coming up to 8 weeks post surgery, and it’s looking a lot better  

Interesting, do you have a pic from where you started?

15 minutes ago, Guy73 said:

Interesting, do you have a pic from where you started?

Yes, if you go to my thread, I’ve put a link to my 1st and second surgeries (Dr De Reys) and my third with Dr Raghu Reddy. My first pre-op  pictures are not great quality. I think they were taken with an iPhone model. 

1)  Dr De Reys - 3000 grafts in 2012; 2) Dr De Reys - 1800 grafts in 2014; 3) Dr Raghu Reddy - 1200 grafts in 2017; 4)  Dr Arshad - 3133 grafts in 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54899-9133-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-in-2013-1800-dr-de-reys-2014-1200-dr-reddy-2017-3133-dr-arshad-2019/

On 10/2/2019 at 12:58 PM, Guy73 said:

2week Mark. Most of the hair stuck and is growing. I had a few that fell with the crust. I started back on rogaine already. Hopefully the shed is only like 50% like last time. 

AD7ACF78-8148-4A71-85EE-35EEC1701B0E.jpeg

Looks really impressive. Will you keep it short like this, or grow it out?

Hi is the link to my pre-op pics, before my first surgery, back in 2013: