1216 FUT!!! With Dr Bloxham at Feller and Bloxham medical

Scar wise? A bit concerning as one side it stretched where when I had cut my hair last month with a #3 I had to use toppik to hide it. Hopefully its just shock loss. I'll take what I can get at this point.

Hair wise? Density has been minor no big difference yet however the biggest difference so far has definitely been the softness of my hairline looks much much more natural now then it did before.

Screenshot_20191004-132143_Gallery.jpg

Looks great! Dr. Bloxham is a an amazing doctor. He knows his stuff and is one of the nicest guys you'll meet

• Thanks 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• 1 month later...

Hit 6 months! From my knowledge as a repair it will take longer.

I can start to do certain hair styles but still need it to be strategically placed , that being said I am getting pretty cheerful with just that. 

From what I recall the game plan was, I shouldn't expect to be doing a left to right hair style from this procedure as (shown in pic) my temples have a skin exposure appearance.

The blend hasn't happened yet, if I mess up my hair and swoop it back or all over you can tell where the original hair is.

Scar : it is still visible with a number #3 on the side. I think it's more shockloss that make it visible but will have to wait.

20191117_140650.jpg

20191117_140419.jpg

A possible haire line / forehead (skin) reduction may of been the way to go at the start , depending on family history of hair loss , or just having a natural high forehead . looks to be coming in now anyway , happy growing !!!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

7 months, 

Not much difference except the hairline gets softer which is great!

Still has a see thru appearance tho seems slowly to get better.

I've been trying to do a left to right comb hair style but I can't do it unless I use fibers.

Based on my research my "repair" takes much longer than usual

Could you post pics thanks

I don’t think it looks that bad and you said it yourself it takes longer when going into scarred tissue. I’m sure you will be happy all said and done.

Have you asked dr bloxham yet ? 

On 12/28/2019 at 4:31 PM, shookwon33 said:

is that thin spot just how it looks or did you like purposely spread it out like that? or is that just how it is naturally after the FUT?

When I attempt to comb my hair from one side to another, that's how it basically looks.

Again the main focus was the front band, and he did some grafts in the corners but still thought after so many transplants it would be a bit better. Too soon to tell yet 

• 1 month later...

8 months 

1st pic - hairline looking much softer and not as see thru has before definitely happy with that.

Second pic- corners look gappy still and very see thru. I think it's safe to say I shouldn't expect any big difference from pre op as it was not a primary area. Still wish I could do the hair parting hair style 

3rd pic - Scar stretched a little bit the first time but this time it stretched more and I can't do fades anymore.

Overall considering everything I'm still really grateful and am much much better off then I was prior to all my procedures.

20200130_205616.jpg

20200130_205601.jpg

Screenshot_20200130-205441_Video Player.jpg

• Moderators

The 8 month pictures look pretty good. You can probably go back in a few months and get a very small FUE procedure to put a few grafts in the part area and a few grafts in the scar on the side.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

8 hours ago, BeHappy said:

The 8 month pictures look pretty good. You can probably go back in a few months and get a very small FUE procedure to put a few grafts in the part area and a few grafts in the scar on the side.

I could but at my age 4 ht procedures is just financial suicide.

Didn't think I'd need to 4 surgeries when I know some with only 2 and worse hair loss

image.jpeg.b014bfff0d158ce7b8e506fac2b424a0.jpeg

image.jpeg.3f1d999533fed94cc8f7a3145f323d52.jpeg

looks like that area wasn’t touched and you had native hair still there that might have thinned out ? 

the rest looks good .. maybe get smp into scar so you can do fades and maybe hit that front spot up as well .

Edited by Tbcruz

• 4 weeks later...

9 months!!!!

Hairline is looking amazing a million times more natural than before. Some areas in the front are still a little bit see thru (in person you can see) but overall greattt 👍

Dr.Bloxham is excellent at what he does.

My corner which are not the main focus, are still very see thru and do have to style or cover those areas. Left to right and vice versa comb isn't possible 

My scar hasn't improved much, my barbers even new ones can still notice it without me even telling them.

Already recommend him to several workers.

Really really wish I would of gone to him from the start. Great skills and compassion.

Will be posting temples soon for better view

Screenshot_20200225-130537_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200225-130557_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Theyutube6
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Looking fantastic man 👏🏼 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think it looks good theyutube6

Nice! Looking really good at this stage theyutube6. First hairline is very sparse in comparison comparing the photos. Your new hairline looks a lot more refined. Keep us posted past the 1 year mark. 

• 1 month later...

10 months!

Hairlines getting better and not as see thru as month 8

I am flirting with the idea of getting another procedure to handle my corners , maybe scar and a light pass in the front.

Hope everyone is okay! 

20200406_200217.jpg

20200406_200158.jpg

• Administrators

Everything is looking great, happy to see things turn for the better. How old are you?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude your hair looks awesome. I wish I went to Bloxham for my first procedure, I will def be going to him for my second when I have the courage to do it again. It’s easy to be self critical as it’s YOUR hair and of course we all want perfection but it really looks great.  I highly recommend using some Toppik for any areas that are bothering you, a little bit goes a long way.

As for your scar, was this due to multiple procedures or is this just shock loss?  

• 3 weeks later...

Mid 20s melvin

11 months!

Area around scar I'm starting to noticed it being a bit thin or thinning to out it better.

I'm pretty happy with the front altho I wouldn't mind a light pass in the front 

Screenshot_20200430-154339_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200430-200654_Snapchat.jpg