FUE - 2700 Rahal 5/2019

14 hours ago, Abi28 said:

Unfortunate how this turned out, 2700 should have given better results, overall your hair situation is not bad but I still can't understand the reason behind the empty pattern. You should demand an explanation from the clinic, was it a mistake? did they run out of grafts? That should not have happened especially at an experienced clinic like Rahal's. The good thing is that the clinic stands by their work and offered you a free touch, anyways good luck and hope you get this fixed.

IMHO, 2700 are too little for that area.
He needed 3000-3000 grafts. if the doc decided to use 2700, he should have designed an higher hairline.

• 3 months later...

Things have gotten better over the last 3 months.  If I had about 3050-3150 grafts instead of 2740, I would be happy and no more transplant for now.  Right now, I have to style my hair certain ways to cover the areas.  I spoke to Tara and Dr Rahal around the 9 month mark, provided them the pictures and they agreed the issue needs touched up with 200-300ish grafts and would do it at no charge.  I am tentatively scheduled to go in August depending on this coronavirus.  I attached pictures I took today, wet and dry in different lighting.  

IMG_2596.JPG

IMG_2590.JPG

IMG_2587.JPG

IMG_2595.JPG

IMG_2594.JPG

IMG_2597.JPG

12 minutes ago, John Doe said:

and they agreed the issue needs touched up with 200-300ish grafts and would do it at no charge

This is synonymous with correctness and ethics, not all doctors do it, someone, despite their obvious mistake, says that everything is ok for them.

Good on Rhal for standing by his work but that gap was obvious from day 1 and the Hassel and inconvenience caused shouldn’t have happened I would be honest and up front with him about this and expect as a minimum he pays your flights and accommodation along with a free touch up!! Good luck 

29 minutes ago, hairshopeing said:

Good on Rhal for standing by his work but that gap was obvious from day 1 and the Hassel and inconvenience caused shouldn’t have happened I would be honest and up front with him about this and expect as a minimum he pays your flights and accommodation along with a free touch up!! Good luck 

I will probably bring up at least the accommodations not being charged when I send my 12 months photos. Right now, I need to spend $200 on new bloodwork and $200 on gas because I’ll be driving there 

1 hour ago, John Doe said:

I will probably bring up at least the accommodations not being charged when I send my 12 months photos. Right now, I need to spend $200 on new bloodwork and $200 on gas because I’ll be driving there 

unless they changed their procedure, I had a 2nd procedure with Rahal just about or over 12 months later and they did not require another round of bloodwork

Sarah has been great following up with me... Although my circumstances aren’t ideal, I’d recommend Rahal and go back if I experienced further hair loss years down the road based on how I’ve been treated in the 12 months after this surgery

45 minutes ago, John Doe said:

Sarah has been great following up with me... Although my circumstances aren’t ideal, I’d recommend Rahal and go back if I experienced further hair loss years down the road based on how I’ve been treated in the 12 months after this surgery

This is also what makes the difference between one clinic / surgeon and another / other.

2 hours ago, lovinitl9 said:

the difference between one clinic and another is one does it right the first time 

surely, but if something goes wrong (the success of the transplant is not a certain thing), do you know how many clinics / surgeons wash their hands?  Most of it.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:18 AM, John Doe said:

Any update on your donor area? Is it still noticeable now?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The areas where not enough grafts were placed are an issue, but I'm just waiting on the US-Canada border to reopen to get a touchup.  I use toppik regularly and only style my hair certain ways.  If I comb it forward, it's easier to conceal and not use as much toppik.  If I flip my hair up/back as the second picture, the flaws are very noticeable and it takes a while to style and more toppik is needed to cover up.  I find myself wearing hats when I don't want the headache 

• 1 year later...

Well I just finished my touchup procedure…. Clinic took good care of me and everything was covered. Just a little over 600 grafts this time so I’m at about 3400 total in the front. Things look good and I’m hoping no more transplants for a while. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can we get an update on this? 🙂

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000 grafts, Summer 2023

• 4 months later...