Recommendation for Repair Surgery

I had failed FUT HT and I am planning to have a second surgery(FUT). I live in Chicago but willing to travel. 

Currently I am planning to have consultation with:

1. Raymond Konior

2. Hasson & Wong

3. Brett Bolton

I would like to hear your opinion on how many grafts I will need for decent density and will my scar from second surgery be wider.

Before HT#11440701682_BeforeHT.thumb.jpg.b5476d50eee142cef22dcf5be0ab4267.jpg

After HT - Final Result2007650496_Img3.jpg.974181eb95aaa011da413df7b9306099.jpg1827812161_Scar2.thumb.jpg.5b2f1fe3910406827c6f4f039614633d.jpg

Edited by chicago2017
Adding pictures

3500 grafts would make a huge difference for you if that is possible.  If you go to option #1 or #2 your scar will likely get better not worse.

Given that you are in Chicago #1 is a no-brainer. #2 is a great option. Who the hell is Brett Bolton? 

• Thanks 1

@Spaceman

thank you for the feedback. Dr Bolton is based in Florida. Nor recommended on this site. I have just received email from Dr Konior, he is booked until May 2020. He is still my option #1. This time I will wait. For my HT #I I did not and made huge mistake. I am waiting on response from other 2 doctors. 

I'd say 2500-3000 grafts would give you nice coverage. I've always been impressed by Dr. Wong's crown results and you won't go far wrong with either him or Konoir.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Dr. Wong does some of the best crown work in the world, I'd likely consider him over Konior for this specific case on basis of the types of results they produce, especially considering Konior's extensive waiting list I'd say its a no-brainer.

Got to be the funniest list of options I've ever read though. One of the most highly regarded (probably most in the US) and meticulous surgeons in the world, an industry pioneer and the most referred to speciality crown surgeon globally, and then the dude who gets his license suspended for claiming he is Jesus Christ and attacking a patient.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/health/2014/11/25/hair-transplant-surgeon-claims-jesus-attacks-man/70123254/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jamothee said:

This seems like a troll? Bolton.. Really? 😂

Actually I know guy who had surgery with him and he got good results, better than mine. Of course after reading the article above I am not considering him anymore. 

10 hours ago, JayLDD said:

Dr. Wong does some of the best crown work in the world, I'd likely consider him over Konior for this specific case on basis of the types of results they produce, especially considering Konior's extensive waiting list I'd say its a no-brainer.

Got to be the funniest list of options I've ever read though. One of the most highly regarded (probably most in the US) and meticulous surgeons in the world, an industry pioneer and the most referred to speciality crown surgeon globally, and then the dude who gets his license suspended for claiming he is Jesus Christ and attacking a patient.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/health/2014/11/25/hair-transplant-surgeon-claims-jesus-attacks-man/70123254/

Thanks for the feedback. 

15 hours ago, Upshall said:

1 and 2 are awesome options. Dr Wong excels at crown work. Never heard of Bolton though. Are you on finasteride? Who did your first surgery? Your hairline looks decent, how old are you?

Thank you for the feedback. 

I am 33, losing hair for last 12 years. My hair loss is in the mid-section and crown only. I had first surgery 2 years ago with Richard S. Keller, but not happy with results and disappointed with the fact that he is Coalition doctor. I was on finasteride 10 years ago but decided to quit after 6 months.