Countdown to my HT

HG1

Thank you too, HG1 :)

I'll try my best. I would love to share my experience with all of you, and I think I will need to.

When I write in English I feel frustrated because I can't explain myself as I would like to, but I feel this is such an experience I'm going to give it a try.

To be honest vchorro, I thought your first language was English. Your grammar and spelling are excellent. Much better than a few others on here who have English as a first language (myself included) :D

Just a quick update for you (day 24) 90% of my transplanted hair has fell, good news is the redness has reduced dramatically and is a light pink colour. Still noticeable, but not terrible. Will be posting picture updates at 4 weeks.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Hi Alexeus,

Yes I'm very pleased with how things are going so far. Dr Koray and his team are perfectionists. Dr Koray will design the hairline and decide on distribution of the grafts, based on age, donor hair available, potential future hairloss and of course patient expectations. He and the team are all very passionate about what they do, it's very clear. The Dr will also perform the incisions, which again is incredibly important as you well know. The extraction and implantation is performed by very experienced Techs. Of course the Dr oversees their work and makes regular inspections. Dr Koray is also at the forefront of developing tools and processes to ensure a better all round result. I know when I was there I was asked to use a support placed under the chin. Dr Koray was very interested in my review on its use, which by the way was good.

On the communication side, I dealt with Sema who was my co-ordinatior and translator. Her email address is -

sema@asmed.com.tr. Try her directly. She usually replied within 24 hours. From returning the consultation form to being offered possible dates was no more than 48 hours. My surgery was then booked for around 3 months in advance.

Please come back to me if you need any other information via this method or personal message.

Couple of possibly new words for you to look up 'incredulous ' and 'nepotism ' :D:D:D

Regards

J

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Hi guys,

28 days update.

The new transplanted hair has shed, I would estimate about 90%. I also appear to be suffering quite a bit of shock loss in crown and vertex areas. No shock loss in hairline as I didn't have one before :D

The pinkness has reduced but still visible. The numbness in the crown area where I had 1000 grafts placed has gone, but still numb in the vertex and hairline areas. It has reduced in these areas though. No spots or pimples in recipient area, but a few spots in the donor area. All the pain has gone from the donor area, just a bit of itchiness.

I'm really in deep 'ugly duckling' country now, but as most of the hair has shed, and the pinkness to the scalp is slowly improving - it can't get any worse :D I've got a tough 3 months ahead, but I can honestly say it's not been too bad so far. I have trimmed the sides and back of my head, and it's looks almost as good as prior to having over 5000 grafts removed, which is just amazing. I think this is testimony to the skill of the Asmed Techs.

I keep reading Yaz89, Deb1982 and Justjax posts chronicling their journeys to keep me going. Must have read them a dozen times from start to finish.

I have been in touch with Sema, my patient co-ordinatior at Asmed, and received a very prompt reply, I know a few ex patients have complained about the after care correspondence from the clinic.

I will update again in 4 weeks, hopefully my native hair will have grown a bit and I should be in recovery from the shock loss and pink scalp. Would appreciate any comments from you guys on my progress so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good HG1, hopefully you'll see the first signs of the new hairs in the next 2 - 3 months. I saw mine not long after 2 months. It was great to see them but didn't see much aesthetic change until about a month later. Good luck, I'll be following you and look forward to seeing your results as they progress. You should post some pics at this stage too

3215 grafts fue with ASMED (Dr Erdogan) 26th July 2017

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187806-nw3-3200-grafts-dr-erdogan.html

Looking good HG1, hopefully you'll see the first signs of the new hairs in the next 2 - 3 months. I saw mine not long after 2 months. It was great to see them but didn't see much aesthetic change until about a month later. Good luck, I'll be following you and look forward to seeing your results as they progress. You should post some pics at this stage too

Hi Rwethereyet,

Thank you for your kind words. I hope you are right, I'm 6 weeks on Friday. I have always thought 13 weeks is the minimum, even if an 'early grower' to even think about growth.Since my last update which is only a week and a half ago, things have improved. The numbness is around 70% back to normal. It's only really the hairline where 2500 grafts were placed that is still numb, and that is not that bad. Numbness totally gone from crown, and probably 90% gone from vertex. Scalp pinkness is slowly improving. A few spots in donor area, no pain what so ever. The transplanted hair is 95% shed, and I have severe shock loss. Thats understandable considering I had over 5000 grafts. One thing I do want to mention is Asmed supplied me with Proscar and I have been using it instead of a generic brand. My native hair on the vertex outside the transplanted area has really improved even after this short period.

Could the reasons be -

Taking it at the same time each day?

Taking 1.25mg instead of the generic 1mg?

Keeping it in the blister pack until use?

Not missing the odd day?

Better quality ingredients?

Also noticed my libido has improved, just unfortunate I'm single at the moment :eek::eek:

Below are 3 pics (just for you Rwethereyet :D) -

Pre Op

7 Days Post Op

5.5 weeks Post Op

If you look at the second picture, the area between the grafts in the vertex and the sides is weak. That is the area that has really improved over the last 4.5 weeks. It's probably thicker than the sides.

Sorry for the quality of the pics.

Post again at 8 weeks. Take care.

_DSC6889.thumb.jpg.35f9c3fd1aabe281865e819f457150df.jpg

IMG_3022.thumb.JPG.d9c874e6774280db50e62cf3e05d2904.JPG

IMG_0653.jpg.2e9935e2202c8f2c2bf094be8e76bae7.jpg

Edited by HG1

Best luck there friend hopefully time will pass quickly

Hi Markee,

Apologies for not replying before now. Thank you for your sentiments. Yes busily looking for a time machine on Ebay:D. 6 weeks on Friday, it has gone really quick to be fair. By the time xmas starts, I should be over the half way before the 'magic' starts ;)

I know in a previous thread, you were considering Asmed, have you booked yet?

Hi Markee,

Apologies for not replying before now. Thank you for your sentiments. Yes busily looking for a time machine on Ebay:D. 6 weeks on Friday, it has gone really quick to be fair. By the time xmas starts, I should be over the half way before the 'magic' starts ;)

I know in a previous thread, you were considering Asmed, have you booked yet?

Yeah sure will be interesting to see how things turn out for you for sure ?

Me I'm going in for a sinus nose surgery next week once i recuperate from that start to focus on scheduling with Asmed

It's been so difficult as they say daunting task to figure out which to go with its a relief to finally settle on one actually to years of research to get here

I'm confident with his reviews and results he always seems to get the job done

The one criticism of Asmed is that he using way to many graphs ?

Whats your take on that ?

Hi Markee,

Good luck with your impending nose surgery, hope you have a quick recovery.

I agree it's a big step deciding who to entrust your valuable follicles and money too. I was convinced at one stage I would use Dr Biasanga at BHR in Belgium. However after a consultation earlier this year, I just wasn't feeling the 'love'. The added 21% tax in Belgium also was a factor. His results and reputation are excellent, had I not found Asmed - I would have probably gone with him. Even after paying my deposit to Asmed and confirming my dates I still had reservations. Two week prior to the Op, (having invested 1500 pounds sterling), I thought is this really me - am I being daft. However once in Asmed's clinic I knew I had made the correct decision. Seeing the guys coming out of surgery after their procedures was surreal. Having watched hundreds of video's and reviewed so many pictures, seeing it up close was amazing. Definitely a 'pinch myself' moment.

You make a good point on graft usage with Dr Koray. Most of the criticism comes from non Asmed patients from what I have read. My experience was he assessed my donor area, hairloss and potential future loss. He then designed the hairline and distribution based on this information. He used 2500 grafts in my hairline band (50sq cms), which may seem a lot, but should give a excellent frame to the face. Personally I think the most important issue when considering graft numbers is graft survival rate. Using the manual tools appears to give a better chance of not damaging the transplanted grafts, or the existing follicles. At the end of the day, it all subjective. Look at his results and judge him on that. There are plenty of reviews on this forum, with patients unhappy with coverage and density. Main reasons being, not enough grafts used and low graft survival rate due to poor technical ability and the use of motorised tools. All the above is just my opinion, and may or may not be correct.

Keep us updated on your next move.

Yeah sure will be interesting to see how things turn out for you for sure ?

Me I'm going in for a sinus nose surgery next week once i recuperate from that start to focus on scheduling with Asmed

It's been so difficult as they say daunting task to figure out which to go with its a relief to finally settle on one actually to years of research to get here

I'm confident with his reviews and results he always seems to get the job done

The one criticism of Asmed is that he using way to many graphs ?

Whats your take on that ?

I think that a hair transplant is a very personal thing, everyone has different goals based on age, hairloss advancement, likely future hairloss, available treatments and desired outcome.

To me hairline is of the up most importance because it frames the face and it what you (in the mirror) and others see. ASMED in my opinion are one of, if not the best at creating amazing hairlines. He took 3200 grafts of my 8000+ available grafts to do my hairline. I feel leaving me with approx 5000 for the center and back is a good reserve.

I had quotes from another top surgeon and he and Dr erdogan were only a couple of hundred grafts apart in there estimates.

I think it takes a fair amount of grafts to create a good dense strong looking hairline. Asmed achieve this consistently. It's important to do your own research and understand what can realistically be achieved with your own hairloss factors and graft availability. Then decide if the suggestion from asmed is too high or not what you want. For example if you wanted a more receded hairline so you could have a thicker overall coverage.

The difficulty I guess for a surgeon is when they see what is best for someone but that person wants something different. For example a mid 20s person with rapid hairloss wants there hairline back like it was but won't have enough grafts in the bank for the future surgery's to cover the rest of there future hairloss. Should the surgeon not operate or should they explain the issues with the patients request and if that's what they still want then go ahead?

3215 grafts fue with ASMED (Dr Erdogan) 26th July 2017

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187806-nw3-3200-grafts-dr-erdogan.html

Hello HG1!

How are you doing, mate? :)

Hi vchorro,

I'm doing well thank you. Six weeks ago today I finished my second day of the procedure so I'm exactly 4 weeks ahead of you. Read your update earlier, and things are looking good for you. It is almost certain you will shed some hair, but fingers crossed you are one of the lucky ones.

No change for me really 95% of the transplanted hair has gone :eek: together with some native hair :eek::eek::eek: In a couple of weeks I should be at the half way mark of where I should see some growth. I'm getting a little impatient, but knew it's a slow progress. It's great reading other people progress, especially when the hair starts to appear. Keep us updated, as I will be following your journey.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi HG1, how did you find traveling back to UK, was you allowed to cover your head in any way? Would you recommend travelling home the day after surgery or rest in hotel for 5days or another amount of days?

Thanks for posting the daily updates for first 7 days it’s helped me expect what’s to come in the days after surgery. I hope to get a great result after surgery like yourself I find your posts very informative

HG1,

Sorry for the late congratulations on your somewhat recent hair transplant. I believe you said you are 6 weeks in? So I imagine you are still healing and most of your hair has shed? If you have recent pictures, we'd love to see them, especially multiple angles of the scalp, including the donor area. Dr. Erdogan is outstanding, so I trust you will be very happy.

Best wishes,

Bill

HG1,

Sorry for the late congratulations on your somewhat recent hair transplant. I believe you said you are 6 weeks in? So I imagine you are still healing and most of your hair has shed? If you have recent pictures, we'd love to see them, especially multiple angles of the scalp, including the donor area. Dr. Erdogan is outstanding, so I trust you will be very happy.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Nice to hear from you. I'm 8 weeks post Op on Friday. Will post a full update then, complete with pictures. Yes, you are correct, all the hair has gone. Lost most in the first month. I have healed very well and so pleased with things so far. The donor area looks amazing considering how many grafts were taken (5124). Just in the 'ugly duckling ' stage, but in another 8 weeks, I should hopefully see some serious growth.

Take care.

Hi HG1, how did you find traveling back to UK, was you allowed to cover your head in any way? Would you recommend travelling home the day after surgery or rest in hotel for 5days or another amount of days?

Thanks for posting the daily updates for first 7 days it’s helped me expect what’s to come in the days after surgery. I hope to get a great result after surgery like yourself I find your posts very informative

Hi Jammerz,

Glad you have found my ramblings helpful:D

I stupidly thought I could wear a 'hoody' on my return journey . Asmed advised that was a strict no no. Personally I would leave as soon as possible, as I think recovery is better at home. Remember staying at the hotel, will still leave you in full view of other guests and staff when eating, waiting, leaving and entering the hotel. The Alaturk airport is no problem, no one will give you a second look hardly. I saw many others in the Post Op state. Once you get to your home airport grab a taxi or arrange someone to pick you up. I was going to park up at my local airport but used the train instead, a mistake on my part. Other benefit of staying the minimum time, is you can just take carry on luggage. That saves hanging about at your local airport, probably the time when you would potentially get most attention. Forget any headwear, it risks damaging the grafts - dark glasses and a who gives a fook atitude is all that's needed :cool:

Hey guys,

Hope your all well and ready for the man in the big red coat!

Anyway, its 8 weeks since my procedure. The time has flown, similar to my transplanted hair :eek: In deep ugly ducking territory now. The good news is that I have a few sprouts of hair in previously bald areas, which are visible on the photos below and also some black spots, which I haven't noticed before and are only visible on the blown up pictures. There are lots of really thin colourless hairs, which are not visible on the pics. The scalp pinkness is still evident, looks worse in the pics. Numbness has improved, and I would say is 80% back to normal in the hairline vertex area. The crown area is fully recovered. Still getting a few spots, but these have improved in the last few weeks. I would say I'm more or less back to where I started pre Op, maybe some shockloss still to grow in. Hopefully after the next 8 week period, things should have ramped up and I should see some real difference. I have been keeping my hair short to blend in, only using scissors on the transplanted area (as per Asmed's instructions).

Would appreciate any comments good or bad.

IMG_0798.JPG.8d04cd44eab7ffe8d5072cb4722df214.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG.9f7e98d55fa6ce19988c6c961570ce91.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG.bc6591dbb0f918eda64e037ae1758017.JPG

IMG_3349.jpg.61ffe9711202ae304a79022f522d8d79.jpg

IMG_3348.jpg.f24a213671257e6c5dfc31f928a66456.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg.dd802c665278a3b4270c1ba03b79d480.jpg

Hey guys,

Hope your all well and ready for the man in the big red coat!

Anyway, its 8 weeks since my procedure. The time has flown, similar to my transplanted hair :eek: In deep ugly ducking territory now. The good news is that I have a few sprouts of hair in previously bald areas, which are visible on the photos below and also some black spots, which I haven't noticed before and are only visible on the blown up pictures. There are lots of really thin colourless hairs, which are not visible on the pics. The scalp pinkness is still evident, looks worse in the pics. Numbness has improved, and I would say is 80% back to normal in the hairline vertex area. The crown area is fully recovered. Still getting a few spots, but these have improved in the last few weeks. I would say I'm more or less back to where I started pre Op, maybe some shockloss still to grow in. Hopefully after the next 8 week period, things should have ramped up and I should see some real difference. I have been keeping my hair short to blend in, only using scissors on the transplanted area (as per Asmed's instructions).

Would appreciate any comments good or bad.

Would really appreciate some thoughts, opinions or any other feedback guys.

Not much to discuss. You just have to weather it out...

I wish you the best.

Thank you :)

Early on; stay positive and try to be a 'patient' patient

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jam,

Will do a full update on 26th Jan as that's 3 months. Last two weeks I've had some growth, nothing to be too excited about, but hair is coming through. Hairline area of Scalp where I had 2500 grafts inserted is still pink and slightly numb. The other areas are ok. The hairline is filling in, with the right temple in particular improving. From the reviews I've read, 3 months post is when most see the start of things to come. All in all very pleased. Had my hair trimmed very short with scissors to even things out. Thanks for taking the time to request an update my friend.

For anyone... you know who you are, if my grammar or spelling is poor - I'm not interested in your opinion, thoughts or fuck all else. My reply is to help others and not an English Language examination.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

It's now 3 months since my Op. The progress over the last 3 weeks has been really good. My hairline is back after 20 years and I'm very happy to see it's return :D. The pictures don't really do the improvement justice. I have deliberately been keeping a low profile and have met a few friends recently. They looked at me, and asked if I had lost weight, a common assumption I've heard before! I have had my hair trimmed very short, so new and existing hair blend in better. Numbness and pinkness Is still present in the hairline area, but is improving. The magic really starts now for the next few months. I would say I have above average early growth......anybody else think different? All in all I'm over the moon, I don't feel like a bald old man anymore, just an old man with thinning hair. The 3 months have flown by, just wishing the next 3 months follow suit. The Gorgeous Sema from Asmed was in touch to ask how things were going, I know the only real criticism levelled at Asmed is the communication issues. I honestly found this to be the opposite. Willl update again at 4 months. Feel free to PM me with any questions. Photos below are at 2 months and 3 months for comparison purposes.

IMG_0798.JPG.4a61e289938391c2f74ac6b73149f913.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG.59ddbeb04ec56c1254429e0d65f50e54.JPG

IMG_0802.thumb.jpg.1a7a910cec6d4b6f171af3005568dd6d.jpg

IMG_0801.JPG.b035c3ed3e44caaf40d31b1b267398c8.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG.bce0d90edc946f40674a359c3ea8f45c.JPG

IMG_1076.JPG.055ec990c6afe5de9c7819fc680e6e7a.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG.f78b3337096d2b5949647babc1c7a235.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG.b23ab713fe072f32f65611af036ad3fa.JPG