Countdown to my HT

HG1

Worst is over looks absolutely great already at just a short 7 months

Life changing

Thanks for your words Markee. What’s the latest with you? Last I read you had been knocked back by Asmed.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Fantastic HG1, get it grown out!! Looks very dense

Hi Highlander,

Thanks pal, been shaving my head since 2004 so hard to break the habit. How are you finding it so far? Last update you seemed right on track.

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Hi Highlander,

Thanks pal, been shaving my head since 2004 so hard to break the habit. How are you finding it so far? Last update you seemed right on track.

Just updated the thread buddy, everything good but donor zone is irritating as f*ck:mad:

Thanks for your words Markee. What’s the latest with you? Last I read you had been knocked back by Asmed.

Yeah he shot me down. I've been in direct contact with Asmed patient coordinator Andreea on the phone and through text she just had me send in a new set of pictures told me I should have a answer back by Tuesday.

Hoping I get the go ahead this time otherwise I'll be lost and struggling again looking for advice for my next best alternative ?

Edited by Markee

Hello mate!

Your hair looks great! Happy to see you have a lot of hairs and your head almost covered at (only) the half of your journey. The distribution of the grafts seems to be simply perfect, there is not a weak spot! :)

Your redness also seems to be a thing of the past, dude!

Now it's a matter of time to gain the desired density and remember this whole experience as one of the best of your life!

Happy to see you are doing well, HG1!

Kind Regards from Spain!

Hello mate!

Your hair looks great! Happy to see you have a lot of hairs and your head almost covered at (only) the half of your journey. The distribution of the grafts seems to be simply perfect, there is not a weak spot! :)

Your redness also seems to be a thing of the past, dude!

Now it's a matter of time to gain the desired density and remember this whole experience as one of the best of your life!

Happy to see you are doing well, HG1!

Kind Regards from Spain!

Hi vchorro,

My neighbour is Spanish, so was going to be clever and reply in your native tongue but he is on holiday....in Spain :D

Yes the redness has completely gone along with the numbness. All seems a distant memory now. You look like you are right on track as well. Hope you continue to move forward and get your desired result.

Take care.

Your hair looks terrific for inky 7 months. Nice and think. Imagine what it will look like in another 5 to 11 months. Please keep us posted

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your thoughts, I will keep updating as the forum has without doubt changed my life :D.

I did say in my last update things seemed to have slowed down. However in the last two days, I feel I have had as much progress as I did in the previous month. It just shows how things can change over a very short period. I have been reading up on a few of Spex's posts and he does mention how improvements come in cycles.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your kind words, glad you have enjoyed reading my hair adventures- hopefully the adventure has many months to run. If you use the search function you just tap in the name of the persons thread you want to read about. The guys you listed made my mind up on choosing Asmed, as their results are almost always excellent. Dr Koray is the only Dr involved, together with his team. Dr Koray was great, very passionate and professional as were the rest of the team. I paid 2.5 Euros per graft, which included hotel, transfers, food at the clinic and all the after care kit. Well worth it in my opinion. I can say even at this stage it has been life changing. Do your research and get it booked my friend.

I am in contact with Asmed now, after seeing my photos the doctor considers I would need 2,800-3,300 grafts which means some money but I guess that it's best to choose a good doctor from the start so your future treasured grafts are safer. Do the other top doctors charge more or less the same?

He considers that is better to cover the front even though there is diffuse alopecia on the crown/top centre, hopefully it is okay to just cover the front for now and it will still look good? Obviously my hairline is what troubles me the most, but still wondering...

I am in contact with Asmed now, after seeing my photos the doctor considers I would need 2,800-3,300 grafts which means some money but I guess that it's best to choose a good doctor from the start so your future treasured grafts are safer. Do the other top doctors charge more or less the same?

He considers that is better to cover the front even though there is diffuse alopecia on the crown/top centre, hopefully it is okay to just cover the front for now and it will still look good? Obviously my hairline is what troubles me the most, but still wondering...

Hi Ben,

I can't advise you who to go to for your HT, I can only comment on my experience. I did have a consultation with BHR who have a great reputation and solid results. However I wasn't keen on the FUT procedure plus 20% tax on comestic surgery in Belgium just made it financially beyond my means. I chose Asmed due to the excellent results and thier charges were also within my budget. There are cheaper clinics in Turkey, but in my opinion their results were too hit and miss. Donor hair is a finite resource so I don't think it's worth risking to save a few hundred pounds or euros. Are you on Fin or have you considered using it?

All food for thought. :)

Hi Ben,

I can't advise you who to go to for your HT, I can only comment on my experience. I did have a consultation with BHR who have a great reputation and solid results. However I wasn't keen on the FUT procedure plus 20% tax on comestic surgery in Belgium just made it financially beyond my means. I chose Asmed due to the excellent results and thier charges were also within my budget. There are cheaper clinics in Turkey, but in my opinion their results were too hit and miss. Donor hair is a finite resource so I don't think it's worth risking to save a few hundred pounds or euros. Are you on Fin or have you considered using it?

All food for thought. :)

BHR is Fisanga, right?

I agree with you, donor hair is invaluable. I am happy that the doctors that have replied to me this far (Koray and Feriduni) have told me that my donor hair is very good and because I have never had any HT I want to choose one of the best so they can optimise my limited resources and the results are the best possible ones.

The only challenge I see in my case is that the alopecia is diffuse (worse on the front) and I am sure that that's because I am taking finasteride (for fifteen years now, since I was 19-20) because my father is bald (except the safe zone) so I can tell you that finasteride slowed down the hair loss for sure. To be honest I don't use minoxidil often because my hair looks worse with it but perhaps I should use it more.

So Koray Erdogan includes taxes in the price, right?

Did you check my humble thread, mate?

Edited by BigBen
browser erased half of my comment

BHR is Fisanga, right?

I agree with you, donor hair is invaluable. I am happy that the doctors that have replied to me this far (Koray and Feriduni) have told me that my donor hair is very good and because I have never had any HT I want to choose one of the best so they can optimise my limited resources and the results are the best possible ones.

The only challenge I see in my case is that the alopecia is diffuse (worse on the front) and I am sure that that's because I am taking finasteride (for fifteen years now, since I was 19-20) because my father is bald (except the safe zone) so I can tell you that finasteride slowed down the hair loss for sure. To be honest I don't use minoxidil often because my hair looks worse with it but perhaps I should use it more.

So Koray Erdogan includes taxes in the price, right?

Did you check my humble thread, mate?

Hi Ben, I have been reading your thread - missed you mentioning Fin though :). Yes my consult was with Dr Bisanga from BHR. Your donor area looks very strong I agree. The crown is not too bad. I would focus on your weak frontal third, and maybe just drop a few hundred grafts into the crown. Obviously the Dr would be able to give you the best advise. If you check out my pre Op photos, you will see my hairline was non existent. I'm sure you could achieve a great result with your donor hair characteristics. If you want any other information just drop me a personal message and I will reply. I paid 2.5 euros per graft which included, accommodation, transfers, food at the clinic and all the post Op washing kit. bonus was I was given 9 months supply of Proscar which has saved me a fortune. Good luck on your potential adventure :D

Hi vchorro,

My neighbour is Spanish, so was going to be clever and reply in your native tongue but he is on holiday....in Spain :D

Yes the redness has completely gone along with the numbness. All seems a distant memory now. You look like you are right on track as well. Hope you continue to move forward and get your desired result.

Take care.

Hahaha, you should try! :)

Spanish is a veeery easy language! We all have the same latin roots. Give it a try! Look at me, I speak like Tarzan but you can understand me! (I hope so) :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ben, I have been reading your thread - missed you mentioning Fin though :). Yes my consult was with Dr Bisanga from BHR. Your donor area looks very strong I agree. The crown is not too bad. I would focus on your weak frontal third, and maybe just drop a few hundred grafts into the crown. Obviously the Dr would be able to give you the best advise. If you check out my pre Op photos, you will see my hairline was non existent. I'm sure you could achieve a great result with your donor hair characteristics. If you want any other information just drop me a personal message and I will reply. I paid 2.5 euros per graft which included, accommodation, transfers, food at the clinic and all the post Op washing kit. bonus was I was given 9 months supply of Proscar which has saved me a fortune. Good luck on your potential adventure :D

Thank you, once my adventure gets started I will open a new thread and say everything about it, most of all to help others like you guys do and everyone should.

How is your new head looking after eight months?

Thank you, once my adventure gets started I will open a new thread and say everything about it, most of all to help others like you guys do and everyone should.

How is your new head looking after eight months?

Hi Ben,

Well I'm around 7.5 months, will do a full update on the 26th. Things are good, I don't feel bald anymore which is nice. The hair is improving gradually, getting denser and hair calibre improving. The transplanted hair is very dark though, which is common. I'm letting it grow now after keeping it cropped. Looking forward to getting to the end of the cycle.

Take care.

• 3 weeks later...

8 month update.

Hi Guys, well it was 8 months on 26th June - but due to the site being updated was unable to post. I'm not going to post any pics, just give a brief update. I will update fully on Month 9 with pics. Progress has again been slow but steady this month. I have started to grow the hair on top, keeping short at the sides. The hair again is improving in thickness and texture and I still have thin hairs appearing. As advised last month, density is not where I would like it to be. if I could achieve another 25% improvement, I would be very happy. Can anyone advise if a 25% improvement from Month 8 to 12/18 months is achievable on average?

I really happy with my hairline, really pleased with Dr Koray's artistry in this area. Crown is still weak, but improving. I used a little topic last week as was going to a social function. and this made such a difference. I only had to use a little, rather than the bucket full I used previously. All in all, happy with where I am. When I look back at Pre Op pictures, the difference is staggering, my daughter commentated the other day that I look at least 10 years younger with the new look. 

On 8/18/2017 at 3:37 AM, shanson said:

If you have any questions I will do my best to help answer/ support you. Just drop me a message with any questions and will get back to you if you need it. The questions about money and the flight home were some of the concerns I had when I went to Asmed in January. Cheers stuart

How much for the Hair Transplant lets say 3500 grafts?

On 10/28/2017 at 10:46 AM, HG1 said:

Hi guys,

Thought I would just provide a quick update on my progress. I will upload some pre and post op pics when I collect my laptop from work. These are the professional ones taken at Asmed. In the meantime I will upload a few I took in the hotel, just need to suss out how to hide my identity in case all my friends are members :D.

Just reading through my last post, I don't think I emphasised how professional, passionate and caring the staff at Asmed are. I genuinely felt I was amongst old friends even after a couple of hours. Not sure what Dr Koray does to his staff, but they are all incredibly motivated and dedicated. Everyone always had a smile on their face, and nothing was too much trouble.(again special thanks to the lovely Sema and equal lovely Suzanna who were just incredible)

Anyway, I'm 2 days post op, on the vertex and crown and 3 days on the hairline. I can't really say I have had any real pain, sleep has also been ok - considering I'm using a neck pillow. Just on this, I purchased my own neck pillow prior to flying out from a company called 'soak and sleep' it was 10 pound sterling via Amazon. People reported the pillow supplied by Asmed kept going down in the night. I would highly recommend the one I purchased. My face is very swollen, but I feel good in myself overall. Yesterday I felt weak, as if a flu was coming on. My hairline which was very densely packed as was previously non existent is very red still - it did have 2500 grafts placed however. Below are my stats -

Total grafts 5024

Average hair per graft 2.33

Percentage rounded up / down

628 single = 12%

2372 double = 47%

1783 triple = 35%

230 Quadruple = 4%

11 Quintuple = 2%

To be honest, I can't believe I've had it done. I'm a very private person, who doesn't like fuss. Another thing to note, I really hope I do have a full shed and a gradual growth as at the moment its quite obvious I've had a procedure, I'm sure I'm in the minority on this point :D

Still delighted with my new hairline, it will look fabulous in 6 months fingers crossed.

Would appreciate any comments on the stats, as they were a lot better than I antiscipated.

I would also like to add a quick thank you to all the members who have documented their own journey especially Deb1982, Justjax and Yaz89

@HG1...How much for the Hair Transplant? I am worried about my hairline (only hairline). Please reply to my email rodhethan.ligoyligoy@gmail.com             Thank you so much!

11 hours ago, rodhethan said:

@HG1...How much for the Hair Transplant? I am worried about my hairline (only hairline). Please reply to my email rodhethan.ligoyligoy@gmail.com             Thank you so much!

Asmed charge 2.5 euro per graft. That includes hotel, transfers, food at the clinic and all the after operation care package. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Well its  9 months since my HT with Asmed. Progress this month has again been steady. I've grown it a little longer on top and I'm pleased with things so far. I've enclosed a few pics, not the best but you can see how far I've come. Still got lots of thin hairs that will hopefully thicken to improve the illusion that I have a full head of hair ?. Noticed as well some single grafts appear to have developed into doubles and triples, maybe it's my imagination. Still getting odd looks from people I haven't seen for a while. I'm taking a reduced Fin dosage of 1mg every other day to combat some sides I was getting. One big plus is, I can honestly say I see Hardly any hair shedding. Prior to the HT and taking Fin, they would be all over my pillow, on shirt collars and in the plug hole of the shower. Anyway plenty more time for further improvement hopefully. 

On another note, read a few posts of people panicking after 3 or 4 months saying they think their HT is a failure. Get real peeps, if you had done your research you will clearly find it's a 12 month journey minimum and perhaps 18 months. Take a chill pill and sit back and be patient.

picture 1,4 and 5 were taken last week. Pics 2 and 3 immediately prior to HT.

see you in a months time ?? 

IMG_3666.JPG

_DSC6885.JPG

_DSC6886.JPG

IMG_3668.PNG

IMG_3667.JPG

• Like 1