Managing Publisher's Pictures 8 Years After 4 Hair Transplants

So it's been an incredibly long time since I've posted any pictures of my hair. But to show you that hair transplants really do stand the test of time, I am posting freshly taken pictures (taken today) approximately 8 years after my last hair transplant. I've had a grand total of just over 9600 follicular unit grafts done in 4 sessions over a 5 year period. I went with 3 different doctors. I've listed them below.

Procedure 1: Dr. Theodore Katz - 1600 Grafts

Procedure 2: Dr. Robert True - 2249 Grafts

Procedure 3: Dr. Victor Hasson - 3701 Grafts

Procedure 4: Dr. Victor Hasson - 2099 Grafts

You can view more detail on my patient website by clicking here.

Note that I really didn't brush my hair before I took the pictures but when I do, it usually looks better and even more dense. The back is still quite thin and I sometimes consider going for another procedure to thicken things up. But since it really doesn't bother me, I've put it off for some time. It's debatable whether or not I'll get another one. But if I do, I'll probably go the FUE route because I don't want to risk stretching the scar after 4 procedures via strip already.

Feel free to share your opinions below.

Best wishes,

Bill

IMG_5656.JPG

IMG_5657.JPG

IMG_5658.JPG

IMG_5660.JPG

IMG_5663.JPG

IMG_5662.JPG

Bill,

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Your hair looks great. Your HT has really stood the test of time. Recently someone had asked for feedback from HT Patients that got their procedure done a decade ago......you are almost there!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of other HT veterans on this Forum.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Bill you have any before pictures and also what the hair looked at 6 months 1 year and two years mark?. It will be helpful to compare. Hair looks good, probably little thin at frontal hairline, but seems to have really stood the test of time, kudos to you and your doctors.

I like your hairline height. I think its a perfect blend of age appropriate/sustainable/looks good on younger guys too.

I think you are about a cm higher then mine.

I hit 5 years on a couple months. Still looking good.

Your hair is a little greasy and I think that freshly washed and dried and it would look a lot better/ more dense. Even my teenage son has some scalp showing if his hair gets like that. Since this is your profession, I think you should do your work justice and take a second round of styled pics, but both natural and styled are important view points.

9600 grafts is a LOT of grafts. I assume that almost all of the top is transplanted, and if so, your frontal 3rd to 1/2 looks killer.

I think your crown is age appropriate.

You donor looks a little thinned out so I would be picky about future procedures. Your crown fits the density of the rest of the hair and your age, so I think it is fine.

What are your thoughts on temple points and have you lost then since your procedure or did you just pass on that.

Since this is your post, anything you would have done different?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Administrators

Your post really gives me hope, I think it should be mentioned your first procedures were over a decade ago, how long ago did you quit finasteride? From looking at your previous photos I don't see any additional hair loss. In my opinion that is a good head of hair for a 40 year old guy, I would say better than most, from being balder than most of your peers in your 20's to having more hair than your peers now as you enter your 40's must feel really good.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks everyone.

Yes, my hair in the picture was a little greasy as I hadn't yet showered for the day or taken the time to style it. But I appreciate the advice and agree that my hair looks much better and thicker when it's styled and freshly washed.

I will take follow up pictures soon and even try to do it under optimal lighting conditions.

Overall, I am very happy with my results. Since I never lost hair at the temples, I didn't see the need to transplant any hair there. I know technically I could reshape my hairline and temples any way I want to frame my face, but creating new temple points seemed like a waste to me since I'd rather use it for actual thinning areas.

Yes, I'd say the crown is age appropriate (same with the hairline) but I wouldn't mind having more hair in the area to thicken it up. Perhaps in a couple of years I may go back and get FUE.

So many excellent doctors recommended by this community I just don't know who I'd go to for FUE :-).

As for doing anything differently, ideally it would have been nice to get everything done in 2 or 3 procedures instead of 4. But it all came out nicely so overall.

Best wishes,

Bill

Looking really good Bill. Plenty of beard grafts available there as well if you ever max out your supply;)

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Great example of transplants "standing the test of time." Congratulations!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Your hairs looking grand Bill, I can see your point about it maybe appearing thin at times but I think you easily get away with it.

You do have the option of doing an FUE pass sometime in the future to add to the density if it starts to bother you, but you seem to come across as someone who is now content with you hair, which is great.

Most importantly you come across as someone who addressed their hairloss and put their life back on track.

Isn't that what its about.......