ASMED - Koray Erdogan - 3070 Grafts (April 10th)

JayLDD

5 minutes ago, JohnMelb1234 said:

Looks fantastic!  I'm keen to get a transplant in Australia during lockdown. Should I do this, and if so any tips where? Or, should I just wait until the international borders are open and go where you went? 
Thanks again

Would strongly recommend against it. I'm in your city city too (I assume) and Knudsen clinics in the eastern states do particularly poor work from what I see for the most part and he's probably the most highly regarded surgeon in the country.

It would be great to get it done during lockdown but unfortunately not optimal. The reality is that if you can afford Aussie prices you likely can afford surgeons that are at the top-end globally, which those in Australia are not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayLDD said:

Would strongly recommend against it. I'm in your city city too (I assume) and Knudsen clinics in the eastern states do particularly poor work from what I see for the most part and he's probably the most highly regarded surgeon in the country.

It would be great to get it done during lockdown but unfortunately not optimal. The reality is that if you can afford Aussie prices you likely can afford surgeons that are at the top-end globally, which those in Australia are not.

Ok thank you. Re Knudsen, is this for both doctors in Melb and Sydney? And is this based on people you have seen or just what you see on websites?

the Instagram pics of Gro hair look great. 

i think it’s either Dr Vikram , gro hair, or just wait until international travel is back and I can go to where you went or Dr Bisanga in Belgium. 

Thanks again! 

19 minutes ago, JohnMelb1234 said:

Ok thank you. Re Knudsen, is this for both doctors in Melb and Sydney? And is this based on people you have seen or just what you see on websites?

the Instagram pics of Gro hair look great. 

i think it’s either Dr Vikram , gro hair, or just wait until international travel is back and I can go to where you went or Dr Bisanga in Belgium. 

Thanks again! 

I would consider photos I've seen from Gro clinic (although not specifically their insta) to be mediocre in general, many of their results they show on their website are downright poor. The issue is you can't choose off the basis of instagram pics because they're only picking their best and the photos are potentially touched up or taken in best possible circumstances. Patient posted results off forums like these are the majority of what you should go off. Similar situation with Knudsen's clinics. 

I haven't seen patients who have gone to Australian surgeons but that's part of the problem, there is very little documentation on forums like this which is a requirement of an informed decision on whether or not the clinic is competent. Yes they might have a few good results or enough to fill a website, but its statistically meaningless when they're only selecting good results.

Dr. Vikram seems much more talented than Knudsen who I would outright consider a bad doctor, although the fact he associates with Knudsen is enough to reject him, there isn't enough online evidence to justify picking him. 

Bisanga and ASMED are leagues above them regardless. In my opinion Australian hair transplant surgeons should be boycotted in general until standards are proven to have raised drastically. For the prices they charge the results should be world class and they aren't at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

Is this when you shaved it down or something ? Why did you do that ?

My state is still technically in lockdown and has been for the last 3 months or so, hairdressers weren't allowed to open.  Ended up just buzzing it as the easiest option and was interested in how it would look.

11 hours ago, JayLDD said:

My state is still technically in lockdown and has been for the last 3 months or so, hairdressers weren't allowed to open.  Ended up just buzzing it as the easiest option and was interested in how it would look.

Are you happy with how the donor looks shaved down?

3 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

Are you happy with how the donor looks shaved down?

At this length there’s definitely a noticeable scarring although I expected that. Some lightings it seems to be worse than others, outdoors not particularly noticeable.

pretty much looks like I’d expect it to after 6000+ grafts 

I typically get a fade cut with scissors and it doesn’t show at all, I’m guessing it’s a bit over a week from buzzing to a zero before it starts to disappear.

50BC56B8-2B56-462B-BD6C-EC839089ED65.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 7:38 AM, JayLDD said:

At this length there’s definitely a noticeable scarring although I expected that. Some lightings it seems to be worse than others, outdoors not particularly noticeable.

pretty much looks like I’d expect it to after 6000+ grafts 

I typically get a fade cut with scissors and it doesn’t show at all, I’m guessing it’s a bit over a week from buzzing to a zero before it starts to disappear.

50BC56B8-2B56-462B-BD6C-EC839089ED65.png

Looks good for 6k grafts. What length clipper guard is the donor in this pic?

14 hours ago, HTHope said:

Looks good for 6k grafts. What length clipper guard is the donor in this pic?

This is about 6 days of growth after buzzing it at a zero guard.  Probably roughly a 1 guard. 

• Administrators

I have to say your hair looks incredible buzzed. Dr. Erdogan did an excellent job on you 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.