2135 frontal grafts by Dr.Bhatti on 24 th Dec 2016

vermaj

Can't believe it is more than 4 months already.

This has been such an up/down hill journey that most of the times it left me with skeptical views.

My every day's agenda included gawking at those transplanted hair thinking if those prospective hairs will grow or not.

Recently I have been a little bit sanguine that things are moving in proper directions.

I am seeing some growth, but I am waiting for the density and more hairs to come.

[The areas behind the hairline are a little sparse, which is kind of expected as the experts pointed out that they will grow slow[/u][/i]. I am posting the pictures, you guys can be the judge.

The donor area is healed pretty well.

Medicines:

Finasteride 1mg every day

Minoxidil 5 % every day

Biotin 10Mg every day

I have been playing badminton, running and doing some handstands which I think can improve blood circulation, but again that is just my personal opinion.

let me know your honest feedbacks/comments about this.

Also if you want me to post pictures in some other angles then do let me know as well.

I have tried my best to make the collages for a better comparison

Happy growing Baldies :)

You had some really good growth in month 4. Hopefully month 5 was equally good!

I just completed my 5 months.

I have mixed feelings.

I have growth but density is yet to be met according to my expectations. I am assuming this shall be addressed in the coming month or two.

On the other hand, I might have to have some future procedure at some point since I am receding behind the hairline.

But so far everything look OK.

I leave you guys to be the judge of it.

Also request me pictures in different angles and different and I will be happy to share.

It's hard to get the photos by yourself from iphone with the camera being placed at such a difficult position.

Happy growing.

may23_5month_3153.thumb.jpg.964feb17c0ea4758a64f9efd041dc453.jpg

IMG_3140.thumb.jpg.172d495d9b26cd10d1e1f748c17df427.jpg

IMG_3141.thumb.jpg.9dc65aac9c55dd6f6137e6ae2fef61d2.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.e570fcb54b77e53686a673130485d555.jpg

may22_3130.thumb.jpg.aacfa8868150952508cec5aeb70c9745.jpg

may23_5month_3144.thumb.jpg.7b863c0bf8af3a1e9513df24af4e3215.jpg

may23_5month_3145.thumb.jpg.ca3919ce4138a4713f4dbd5d93a016c1.jpg

You had some really good growth in month 4. Hopefully month 5 was equally good!

Hey baldslivematter,

The growth is very subtle at this point of time, but it is there.

It is very hard to spot the differences by just glancing.

Hope things are working on your end as well.

• 2 months later...

Hello folks,

I have finished 7 months yesterday and it seems like such a ride.

I was hoping the spacing between follicles would be less noticeable but perhaps my expectations are not realistic.

I get away with dry hair and minimal lighting, but during harsh lights and during wind, I am sure people look at my hair and wonder what on earth is going on there.

I will keep patience and see how the rest 5 months turn out to be for me.

I don't think there will be any growth, but only the existing hair will thicken. I guess people were right about the density factor and scabs gives it a good illusion.

But nevertheless still hanging in there with good hope and some ^magic^.

I am still on fin 1mg and was wondering till when to continue the tablets?

Any suggestions/comments/criticism is highly appreciated.

Happy growing :)

IMG_4751.thumb.jpg.ebd78550b4c5bb9ced4eca4052c14fe7.jpg

IMG_4744.thumb.jpg.4bb30a5b47c4454739c8da6e53d2508a.jpg

IMG_4779.JPG.98fd2ae3eeceffef3dbe35479af9bde8.JPG

IMG_4746.thumb.jpg.85fa24766396b491dc3c805ca8944c0c.jpg

IMG_4764.thumb.JPG.c6ed43e8fccd90cb276e9d9a23dcd2e6.JPG

IMG_4745.thumb.jpg.0c566b7d3551786607c3be7c517f6be7.jpg

IMG_4780.JPG.c2982126eb61a58c66fb7ff152e3ed00.JPG

I also had my transplant done with Dr. Bhatti and results are similar. Just completed 5 months and it still looks very sparse.

I guess a second procedure is required for more density, but I am wondering if Bhatti is the right choice. Just didn't like his hairline design as it's too straightish which gives the pluggy look even though I requested him to design it in a more jagged/zig zag manner. I am seeing similar design with you as well. Oh well...at least it's an improvement over what was before or the lack of it.

I also had my transplant done with Dr. Bhatti and results are similar. Just completed 5 months and it still looks very sparse.

I guess a second procedure is required for more density, but I am wondering if Bhatti is the right choice. Just didn't like his hairline design as it's too straightish which gives the pluggy look even though I requested him to design it in a more jagged/zig zag manner. I am seeing similar design with you as well. Oh well...at least it's an improvement over what was before or the lack of it.

I kind of agree with you on the hairline part. I did not do enough research on the pattern drawing, else I would have told him to do a more zig-zag hairline. This one looks too straight. I thought with his expertise, I don't have to worry about. Nevertheless what's done is done.

Do you have any photos ? I cannot see them in your profile.

Or PM me your number, maybe we can be in touch. I see you are based in NY, I am in Boston, so not far!

I had my HT in December 2017. I have decent growth but as I stopped Fin on 6 month mark, now hairs are coming to normal. It looks slightly pluggy,.

Did you meant December 2016 ?

Also do you have pictures to show.

I am really glad that you are happy with your procedure. I still have 5 months to go till I finally assess my results.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the late updates, I have been really busy with work and the changes were not very significant, hence I did not update. I will highlight some of the points. This is indeed been a roller coaster ride.

1)The results are fine, not how I expected since the density is not to the point.

2)It looks fine when combed, cut, washed, but with a stroke of air, the glory fades. It looks uneven/sparse and pluggy

3)I have not cut my transplanted hair yet, and lately I am observing that it is becoming more pluggy/wavy which further reduces the illusion since straightened hair helps in covering more sparse areas. I have read that the 9 to 13 months, new hair are often in this characteristics. Can anyone suggest me how to get away with it? Should I cut my transplanted hairs a cm so that the split ends which are wavy gets away ? or should I just let it be the way it is.

4)I am still using finasteride 1mg every day. Any idea when can it be safe to stop taking it or should I continue taking it ?

Anyways I am trying to add some pictures in every possible way, so you guys can judge.

In future I may have to have more procedures , since I am also thinning a little behind my transplanted areas. So far it looks ok, since my new hair is covering that portion.

The pic in my blue shirt is of around 7 months , rest are all recent.

Any advice/tips are welcome.

IMG_5442.thumb.JPG.bab35c79cddd35db9ddacb07d2e4821a.JPG

IMG_5063.thumb.jpg.2bcf442ef9914cab7cf976947bef738e.jpg

5b32f651e9c94_IMG_50962.thumb.jpg.0d5df80861c0c28ef0e64915ae48a21d.jpg

5b32f65220224_IMG_50972.thumb.jpg.6c25b944272faf33fae07a824af05fab.jpg

5b32f65242b94_IMG_50982.thumb.jpg.cd830df01304207eccdbf15ccbb1cf3a.jpg

5b32f6525c0c8_IMG_50992.thumb.jpg.1d3a6142f1edd1b227b6652acafcbec5.jpg

5b32f6527640f_IMG_51002.thumb.jpg.c23567b744318675b331a9eb3addc536.jpg

IMG_5174.thumb.jpg.c5d4985533fb1371133586a2aa33caf9.jpg

IMG_5175.thumb.jpg.c314d1fd337122f45534e8c831fd9abd.jpg

IMG_5377.thumb.jpg.c13573d116efa40d9cea55d83d5903e1.jpg

IMG_5378.thumb.jpg.b6947c087ec78416b7f8804ea86a0a52.jpg

IMG_5450.thumb.jpg.2e651186ed0bcaaf31ca47e9c8fa1538.jpg

IMG_5451.thumb.jpg.6649eb00e82e95f8f60215321a5a7733.jpg

IMG_5455.thumb.jpg.d6e13605d60b156e0166b491485a3ee1.jpg

IMG_5457.thumb.jpg.7385c3b31d339a01f1a74f7b88a38492.jpg

IMG_3915.thumb.JPG.83a75a7197305a989515a04a66456c23.JPG

Edited by vermaj

is it me or does it seem the grafts are too far apart?
It seems yes (and have seen this before) but hope your hair caliber can make up for it.

Looks like they are vindicated. Allowing for transection and unsuccessful vascularization, I believe you ve reaped what was sowed. May be a bit less than actual. 3 to 4 months are still left in the bank to see some improvement. But, I doubt we are going to see any significant change. I wish you the best!

Great job on the angles and styles on the pictures. It truly reflects the state. Because, one picture out there actually makes it look like you ve had a pretty good result.

Do not worry! I know its going to be a cumbersome process, but, another surgery and you l be gold.

Happy Diwali!

Edited by MayiraP0chu

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

Looks like they are vindicated. Allowing for transection and unsuccessful vascularization, I believe you ve reaped what was sowed. May be a bit less than actual. 3 to 4 months are still left in the bank to see some improvement. But, I doubt we are going to see any significant change. I wish you the best!

Happy Diwali!

What do you mean by vindicated ?

also are you talking improvement in terms of density , since I think the chances are slim.

Vindicated - Proven right.

And, yes, I was talking about density. I too think the chances are slim as I have said above.

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

Have you tried parting your hair differently/style your hair forward to give the illusion of more hair?

You still have a few months; try to stay positive and re-visit it in 2018. Maybe you'll need another procedure; maybe you won't. Surgery is still surgery. If you're open to using fibers, that may help give the illusion of increased density as well.

July 2017 - Dr Cooley - 2575 grafts

Have you tried parting your hair differently/style your hair forward to give the illusion of more hair?

You still have a few months; try to stay positive and re-visit it in 2018. Maybe you'll need another procedure; maybe you won't. Surgery is still surgery. If you're open to using fibers, that may help give the illusion of increased density as well.

Yes I am being positive.

I have not tried a lot of combinations, because anything else would look bizarre I guess.

I have heard that transplanted hair should be of length 1 to 1.5 inch for it to give a more fuller appearance.

If you look my 7 month pic, where my transplanted hair were not that long, you can see that it look more ok than current. So I guess I will cut the ends of new hair and see how it looks?

Anyone has more experience in this ?

Hey Vermaj

It'll definitely look a bit thicker once its a little shorter. Give it a trim. Finasteride till 6 months. You have 2 months left till the year mark. Good suggestion on fibres as a kind of last resort. Try not to stress. Using the minoxidil right? And keep up the biotin.

MayiraP0chu - you come across as a bit of a plonker with your 'vindicated' remark. This isn't about you, you know?

Lol! Where did that come from? And why? What was wrong with saying that people were right to say that the graft placement was far apart? So the original posters who observed it are 'plonkers' as well?

Why do people so easily call names on a public platform? That too unwarranted! You think the opposite person can't use a harsher word back at you? Or that being a keyboard warrior in an anonymous location, you think it won't be feasible to punch you in the face? In order to avoid further spamming of Vermaj's thread, especially when the timing is not right, yeah, itxrd, I am a plonker.

Edited by MayiraP0chu

3444 Strip Grafts

Haha! You weren't bad either to nip a potential piss match in it's bud.

Cheers mate!

Happy growing!

Edited by MayiraP0chu

3444 Strip Grafts

Vermaj was a 25 year old patient when he came to Dr Bhatti. He was intent on lowering his hairline implanting grafts into a totally bald area knowing full well that statistically he was going to go down the route of a NW6/7 if all his older relatives and his current balding pattern at such a young age was anything to go by.

Saying that his hair calibre was good so in agreement with him, Dr Bhatti made an ethical decision with his long term interest at heart. It was thought that he would have a good aesthetic result after 12-18 months with still enough banked grafts for future procedures.

I have advised Vermaj to cut his hair to the length he mentioned, and take pictures without a harsh flash with dry hair. I have been in touch with him since a day or so before his surgery. He still has a few months of growth left, my own hair didn't stop growing and maturing till about 18 months and actually looks better now than my 12 month pics so there is no need to throw in the towel just yet.

Also for the record, we are totally supportive behind Vermaj and we will do whatever to ensure he is happy, he knows that as I have told him personally numerous times.

Dr Bhatti could have gone gungho with 3-4000 grafts, no doubt silencing the doubters but then what happens further down the line?

It would be interesting to hear what some of the posters would have recommended, maybe a lesson can be learned.

Graceful response Shera! Very amenable.

If I have to go by your account, looks like there was a misunderstanding/miscommunication about the means goal and the end goal between the concerned parties.

3444 Strip Grafts