2135 frontal grafts by Dr.Bhatti on 24 th Dec 2016

vermaj

Graceful response Shera! Very amenable.

If I have to go by your account, looks like there was a misunderstanding/miscommunication about the means goal and the end goal between the concerned parties.

Thank you Mayira,

Lets see the "end goal" first before we start comparisons with the "means goal".

You know your result will not be final at 10 months so lets try not to assume Vermaj's is.

Also, on another note, have you been drinking? :)

Edited by Shera

Also, on another note, have you been drinking? :)

Lol!

Lets see the "end goal" first before we start comparisons with the "means goal".

You know your result will not be final at 10 months so lets try not to assume Vermaj's is.

I am afraid you are quite mixed up with the two. Means goal would be the current surgery's final result. It could be like you say above, the OP was given conservative grafts in this surgery to preserve his limited donor grafts and thus protecting from his expected heavy future loss, but in the process may or may not making this surgery a resounding success. The end goal would be the ultimate density OP is going to get as he yearns, at the end of the 2 or the 3 surgery or even may be the 4 th with the donor grafts that was wisely preserved earlier in the 1 st surgery. Thus, making the end goal significantly important than the means goal.

So, no, I am not trying to second guess Vermaj's before it's time. Clearly we both/all want the best for him. I think we should leave him in peace and grow well. We shall discuss further if need be via PM?

Cheers!

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

• 2 weeks later...

I had a hair cut as you all suggested, thanks for that. Makes it look decent than before.

I am still concerned about the curls, the frontal hair gets curled, which further does not help with the illusion of good density. I am not completely satisfied with the density, but still hoping to wait for coming months to see what is in store.

Does anyone have any tried and tested method to make it more straighter ? Or any other way of making it fuller? I don't want to go on concealers for now.

I am also attaching my donor area in maximum light so as for you guys to gauge it.

Thank you for your honest feedbacks.

IMG_5584.thumb.jpg.f06ecfdd24712568940ea67ac8675e47.jpg

IMG_5585.thumb.jpg.2b725f5e026b59701d8f6ccb7939f626.jpg

IMG_5586.thumb.jpg.2ff44fdf3d8d88393847e69cc9e6f7c4.jpg

IMG_5628.thumb.jpg.f4d7d543b6b5c08878a40ab8f56c1354.jpg

IMG_5587.thumb.jpg.e16e384cdce7c38c60b0b51a030509f9.jpg

Donor looks good. I don't think you need straightening either. Honestly I'm not just saying this but I think your hair looks good and you're overthinking things. Just relax and wait for it to get even better.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I am sorry I have been busy with work lately, hence this profile went into hibernation.
Posting some more pictures, let me know what you guys think.  All pictures are in brigth light.
I am going to need to get second HT done down the line for the mid portion.
I still take finasteride 1mg alternate days. 

IMG_7859.JPG

IMG_7860.JPG

IMG_7861.JPG

IMG_7862.JPG

IMG_7863.JPG

IMG_7865.JPG

Looks good. I think it's what you expected. You have a good head of hair and yes if you wanted the midsection to be thicker the lowering of the line means you may need another op down the track. Looks fine for now. Enjoy it

Man, it looks natural.  Explain what you were hoping for and why?  Not one person will look at you in life and think "That guy is losing his hair" or "that guy is balding".  

Relax and enjoy it.  You only had a little over 2000 grafts.  You have plenty of donor left for the future and it's not like you are out $15k for what you just had done.

Being very honest, you went bargain shopping.  You flew to a different country to get plastic surgery done because of cost concerns.  This is not a comment on how good/bad/ok/etc... the job is.  As I've said, looking from the outside I would be very happy with the job you got done.

But when you have a mindsight that you're trying to get plastic surgery done and you're going looking for a bargain price, you can't be so obsessive or picky.

You have to decide if you're happy with the results.  If you are, then go with the same place in the future.  If you're not, then go to a reputable person in the U.S.

Just my 2 cents, but man, I think you look really good and should be extremely happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtreidjr said:

Man, it looks natural.  Explain what you were hoping for and why?  Not one person will look at you in life and think "That guy is losing his hair" or "that guy is balding".  

Relax and enjoy it.  You only had a little over 2000 grafts.  You have plenty of donor left for the future and it's not like you are out $15k for what you just had done.

Being very honest, you went bargain shopping.  You flew to a different country to get plastic surgery done because of cost concerns.  This is not a comment on how good/bad/ok/etc... the job is.  As I've said, looking from the outside I would be very happy with the job you got done.

But when you have a mindsight that you're trying to get plastic surgery done and you're going looking for a bargain price, you can't be so obsessive or picky.

You have to decide if you're happy with the results.  If you are, then go with the same place in the future.  If you're not, then go to a reputable person in the U.S.

Just my 2 cents, but man, I think you look really good and should be extremely happy.

I am not saying that I am dissatisfied, I am just providing a first hand experience of what was done.
I think it's not a bad result. 
To be honest, I don't know why you are quoting US doctors as reputed, I think no matter the country, there are reputed surgeons who does the same quality work provided you go to the right one. 

Thanks for the feedback :)  

1 hour ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Vermaj my friend,

You got a nice looking result, happy for you!

Baldslivesmatter , hey buddy how are you  ?
It's so good to hear from you. Hope you are doing good. 

I followed your post just and looks like you were going to have another op? 
I personally feel with some concealers , it does not look that bad. 

On 11/10/2018 at 2:02 PM, vermaj said:

Baldslivesmatter , hey buddy how are you  ?
It's so good to hear from you. Hope you are doing good. 

I followed your post just and looks like you were going to have another op? 
I personally feel with some concealers , it does not look that bad. 

Hi Vermaj,

Very happy to see the updates from your side. Your hair looks good. For the future, you have age and tons of donor hair supply on your side if/when you need to have another go at it (in case you suffer hair loss in the future). For now, as others have suggested, enjoy your nice looking hair:)

Regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 months later...

Think it's a decent result for just over 2000 grafts. Density was always going to be an issue considering the hairline has been lowered by so much and the 2135 grafts included restoring the area from the hairline down to the temple points. You mention the curls don't help density but I actually think the opposite... they aid with the illusion of density.

Personally, would have been reluctant to lower it by so much if there is history of NW 6-7 hair loss in your family but if you and your surgeon have a plan and your own expectations are reasonable, then fair enough. Think remaining on finasteride will be imperative in your case.

4 hours ago, vermaj said:

In Chandigarh meeting Dr.Bhatti for a followup.

Any specific points you think I should raise with the doctor ?

Lol we got our first HT about a week apart and now number 2 seems to be close together as well.

We're kindred spirits in this journey Vermaj.

All the best :)

• 3 months later...
On 2/7/2019 at 10:41 AM, baldlivesmatter said:

Lol we got our first HT about a week apart and now number 2 seems to be close together as well.

We're kindred spirits in this journey Vermaj.

All the best :)

Hey buddy, I saw your results and commented on that.
Its so good to see you here again. 

On 2/7/2019 at 10:11 AM, Fozzie said:

Think it's a decent result for just over 2000 grafts. Density was always going to be an issue considering the hairline has been lowered by so much and the 2135 grafts included restoring the area from the hairline down to the temple points. You mention the curls don't help density but I actually think the opposite... they aid with the illusion of density.

Personally, would have been reluctant to lower it by so much if there is history of NW 6-7 hair loss in your family but if you and your surgeon have a plan and your own expectations are reasonable, then fair enough. Think remaining on finasteride will be imperative in your case.

I agree with your point. Hence I am happy that did not consume a lot of grafts.
I think I still have a decent amount of grafts remaining and that will be helpful in future procedures. 

11 hours ago, itxrd said:

Hey Vermaj. How did the follow up go? Very curious to see how many grafts you would need 2nd time and would you need to shave your head again?

Doctor said around 500. 
Right now I am ok, I may get another procedure down the line when it starts to get more evident .
I don't know about shaving the head yet. 

On 11/11/2018 at 1:28 AM, vermaj said:

Thanks for the honest feedback, but I would rather have less density then not to have any donor supply in the future. 

Additional 500 Grafts for what? Adding more density in front? But I guess you were pretty much satisfied with less density.