2700 Grafts FUE - Tue 11th October 2016 - Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED Istanbul

JustJax

Outrageous mate!! Really pleased for you!

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Hi Will, it is, but technically speaking Asmed recommends people don't use proper hair styling products (mousse, gel, wax, etc) for 6 months so only thing I use to style it is a little mix of aloe vera gel and sweet almond oil, both of which Asmed recommended for the scalp to relieve redness but I use as a make shift hair product.:D

BTW, I see from another thread that you have booked in with Asmed, congrats, they are a great team and you are in safe hands!

That's useful to know, thanks.

Yep thanks matey - A few more months to wait for my surgery, so all the not so fun parts still to come!

Just saw your sneak preview update - looking really great!

Outrageous mate!! Really pleased for you!

Haha, thanks, I am really pleased so far. Won't be long before you'll be enjoying the hair gains too :D

Just saw your sneak preview update - looking really great!

Thanks Will. Will post some proper pics on Saturday.

Hey Just Jax, were you worried at all that Dr.Erdogan wasn't gonna give you enough grafts? I'm booked in for my appointment in the next few weeks and I'm not gonna lie I'm slightly nervous that he's gonna recommend less grafts than I'd like to get. Does he ask you what look you're going for? Or does he just suggest what you should have done?

Sneak peak before a full update on the weekend. :cool:

Congrats man looking very good.

You did your research and went with a surgeon who produces consistent results with few or no negative feedback, now you get to reap the rewards. :cool:

Enjoy

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Sorry guys had a busy weekend. So anyway yesterday was officially 4 months post surgery. Took pictures below yesterday morning. Sorry they aren't the best, but the lighting at my new apartment is quite harsh so struggling to find good lighting.

Little difficult to see but front is filling in a little more but still behind some of the area, hopefully it'll fill out when the next stage of hair grows in over the coming months.

On a day to day basis I still don't wear any product on it as per clinic guidelines. Scalp itself is a little scabby/spotty at the moment so I try to massage it a little each time I shampoo it. I only use regular shampoo so I might switch it up a few days a week for a dry scalp shampoo just to help with the flakiness and spots.

IMG_1064.thumb.jpg.8d42ab0a9d8ce91b43436932a136fa6f.jpg

IMG_1063.thumb.jpg.421578da7bce0ccc67664f27d4c13eb0.jpg

IMG_1065.thumb.jpg.50b42cf88d12c3791b7f77a3e5ec0154.jpg

IMG_1069.thumb.jpg.1fca0a112e4703fdf3f04ed9d219148a.jpg

I think it looks brilliant for 4 months. A lot of people only start to begin to show growth at this point so I would be really pleased pal. Many more months of growth and thickening to come.

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Hey Just Jax, were you worried at all that Dr.Erdogan wasn't gonna give you enough grafts? I'm booked in for my appointment in the next few weeks and I'm not gonna lie I'm slightly nervous that he's gonna recommend less grafts than I'd like to get. Does he ask you what look you're going for? Or does he just suggest what you should have done?

Sorry ellier1, only just noticed the posts before my update. Not really, I was a little worried in general before deciding on surgeons as to whether they would lower my hairline enough to get the result I wanted. One of the reasons I went with Dr Erdogan was that he does a lot of hair line restorations, where as assistants for two other doctors I contacted said they wouldn't lower my hairline due to my age. In terms of creating the hair line I did to a big extent just rely on Dr Erdogan to design the hairline. Only commented I made during the marking up was I felt one side was a little high and he adjusted it but also commented that my face wasn't symertrical so it was never going to be identical. In terms of the number of recommended grafts, he would normally agree the hair line and draw it up and then from there they measure the area that needs covering and from that it caculates the number of grafts needed. So essentially its a fix formula based on the size of the area.

Congrats man looking very good.

You did your research and went with a surgeon who produces consistent results with few or no negative feedback, now you get to reap the rewards. :cool:

Enjoy

Thanks Hsrp10, its getting there. The changes in the past 2-3 weeks have really upped my confidence. Even though the recipent area still has a way to go in terms of growth and density, when styled properly it already looks really good in person and the new hair line has already totally reframed my face.

That's looking really strong. Brilliant progress. Only after 4 months too. :)

Thanks Will. Yes its looking good so far although still a way too go .. when I look closely as see some weaker patches, I have to remind myself that it is JUST four months. :D

I think it looks brilliant for 4 months. A lot of people only start to begin to show growth at this point so I would be really pleased pal. Many more months of growth and thickening to come.

Thanks, I hope so. Although I'm not obsessing or stressing about it daily, the pessimist in me occasionally rear its ugly head and I worry a little that all this early growth will grind to a halt .. silly how even 4 months on I still have the odd mental wobble. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Just jax ...at what day did Sevinc say you could be more firm with the washing?

If I recall, she was pushing for me to be firmer after about day 7 I think. The idea is to be scab free by day 10. Best double check with the clinic tho.

This has been a fun one to watch.

When you were asking lots of concerned questions in the beginning I knew it would all work out in due course and tried to tell you not to sweat it, reason being you had chosen a surgeon with well established results.

At 4 months things will only continue to get better.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

That's amazing Jax and not even at 5 months yet. I'm 2 months behind you and am just starting to notice lots of new hairs popping through. Will be made up if it looks like yours in two more months. Amazing! Really pleased for you.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly