2700 Grafts FUE - Tue 11th October 2016 - Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED Istanbul

JustJax

Merry Christmas everyone! Just a quick post. I'm just under 11 weeks post surgery as as per my previous post I'm seeing some reasonable growth happening. Might be completely delusional but it seems to be really gaining momentum recently. Still more the temples and front continues to be lacking (as highlighted) really wish that area would kick :mad: Anyway pics below. Hair is pushed back for you to see the growth but I do normally wear it combed forward to hide the recipient area.

IMG_0402.thumb.jpg.82f866f8c0a19c0f0c968f1055d97255.jpg

IMG_0403.thumb.jpg.b03dbf957eca7534f60c309fea1d6472.jpg

IMG_0404.thumb.jpg.ef6d550fad854105207f245c843acebd.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone! Just a quick post. I'm just under 11 weeks post surgery as as per my previous post I'm seeing some reasonable growth happening. Might be completely delusional but it seems to be really gaining momentum recently. Still more the temples and front continues to be lacking (as highlighted) really wish that area would kick :mad: Anyway pics below. Hair is pushed back for you to see the growth but I do normally wear it combed forward to hide the recipient area.

Jusjax,

Try not to think about it so much. We had our HTs around the same time, I even forget at times I even had mine done. Granted, I wear a hat most of the time but I have found it beneficial to not even engage in thought about my results and just let things take their course. Before you know it, all the hair will be grown out. Once you are passed that dormant stage, your grafted hairs will start growing out.

Are you on fin? Rogaine foam? biotin or msm?

Just Jax...was your initial quote (which I assume you did via email) for 2700 grafts? Or did the amount of grafts change once you had your in person consultation? I'm just curious as to how accurate his estimates are when you do them online.

Jusjax,

Try not to think about it so much. We had our HTs around the same time, I even forget at times I even had mine done. Granted, I wear a hat most of the time but I have found it beneficial to not even engage in thought about my results and just let things take their course. Before you know it, all the hair will be grown out. Once you are passed that dormant stage, your grafted hairs will start growing out.

Are you on fin? Rogaine foam? biotin or msm?

Hi Reyes1, hope you are well. To be honest I'm really am not stressing or overly thinking about it each day, it was more an observation and a slight whinge :D

Just Jax...was your initial quote (which I assume you did via email) for 2700 grafts? Or did the amount of grafts change once you had your in person consultation? I'm just curious as to how accurate his estimates are when you do them online.

The online quote was actually for 3200, but then I saw Dr Koray in person during his London consultant and he said I actually only needed 2700.

Oh perfect! I'm booked for February and he quoted me higher than I anticipated, which isn't a problem. I'm wondering if he maybe quotes higher when the consult is done online, either way thanks for the info!

Hey JustJax.. lookin' good!

Btw.. to answer the other post.. I just started to ignore the donor area.. I applied a cream to it when the itching was bad.. after about day 7 everyone commented that it looked great and you couldn't tell anything was done. The first few days were blotchy as hell though.. I'm pretty pale.. so it makes sense.

this is the cream I use: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YJ2SLG/ref=sr_ph_1_s_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1483061026&sr=sr-1&keywords=cerave

this is the soap I use: https://www.amazon.com/CeraVe-Foaming-Facial-Cleanser-Ounce/dp/B003YMJJSK/ref=pd_sim_194_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=M3Y9T513C8YCEP869ZMG

Not a fan of Aloe Vera.. I think it's bs honestly.. ceramindes and niacinimides help redness way more.. but I haven't cleared this with the clinic.. it's donor area.. so whatever :D

Just to add to this.. I was initially quoted 3,000 which was then adjust down to 2,300.. (I have very thick hair).. I saw others at the clinic who were right on the money and others with a +/- of a few hundred. Go in hoping for the best.. but be ready to get the number you were initially quoted.

JustJax - Just read through your thread.

Looks like you are having great progress!

I'm at the stage where I have finally decided to opt for a transplant and will book a consultation with Asmed ASAP after reading yours and DEB1982 progress updates.

I am from London too and also work in an office environment (meaning no hat worn) and I'm just about to start a new role in my organisation's training department which involves teaching 20+ students daily as well as the occasional filming, so I'm really worried about how detectable the surgery is but can see from your updates that I should be kind of OK.

Keep up with the useful info and I really hope you get a brilliant result!

Will

Edited by WillHT

JustJax - Just read through your thread.

Looks like you are having great progress!

I'm at the stage where I have finally decided to opt for a transplant and will book a consultation with Asmed ASAP after reading yours and DEB1982 progress updates.

I am from London too and also work in an office environment (meaning no hat worn) and I'm just about to start a new role in my organisation's training department which involves teaching 20+ students daily as well as the occasional filming, so I'm really worried about how detectable the surgery is but can see from your updates that I should be kind of OK.

Keep up with the useful info and I really hope you get a brilliant result!

Will

Thanks Will. I believe Asmed is doing a London consultation in Feb so I would definitely email to find out and get yourself booked in.

JustJax- Did you have to declare your money on your arrival in Istanbul?

No, I think it's only necessary if it's over 10,000 euro or something like that, I didn't even consider it to be honest.

Update .. okay so I was going to wait until next week which is my 3 months anniversary but I can't resist so here is today's pictures. In 2nd pic I've highlighted the area which was previously completely bald.

7FF9A9AE-DA43-4D34-A9EA-30F7956FB82C.thumb.jpg.d158ef4bbfbea036cd85003cb58bc627.jpg

IMG_0519.thumb.jpg.a719d28b0a105179b63bdae968e10b6c.jpg

Thanks Will. I believe Asmed is doing a London consultation in Feb so I would definitely email to find out and get yourself booked in.

No, I think it's only necessary if it's over 10,000 euro or something like that, I didn't even consider it to be honest.

Update .. okay so I was going to wait until next week which is my 3 months anniversary but I can't resist so here is today's pictures. In 2nd pic I've highlighted the area which was previously completely bald.

Well done mate, happy growing. Btw is there a significant reduction in redness past 1 week or just the lighting diff in the pics?

That's it starting mate!!

Agreed. This is gonna burst. Take pics every couple days because when it starts, it STARTS. What a nice feeling it is to have the dreadful UD phase behind you!

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

WOW!!!! :eek:

You must be so happy! I'm not going to lie, I am completely jealous. Can't believe how quickly it is changing now. Enjoy it and keep posting so we can with you!

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

That's it starting mate!!

Thanks, does seem to have a bit of momentum behind it at the moment, hopefully that continues.

Well done mate, happy growing. Btw is there a significant reduction in redness past 1 week or just the lighting diff in the pics?

I'm not sure, in some lighting it looks quite minimal, in other light more noticable. To be honest the growth is now making the area more obvious if anything with incoming hairs starting to frame the hairline a little.

Agreed. This is gonna burst. Take pics every couple days because when it starts, it STARTS. What a nice feeling it is to have the dreadful UD phase behind you!

Well not sure the ugly duckling phase is quite gone yet, if anything its slightly more noticable now as there is some shorter growth next to longer hair, but I think in a month the my fringe (or bangs as they say in the states) will cover it .. although once there is a little more density to it, I am considering taking all the top down to a grade 4 again so that it blends in with the transplated hair a little more. I do take pics almost daily for myself, but to be honest its not that noticable from day to day, but I will post when ever (like above) I see some definate progress. Will also post next Wednesday as thats my official 3 months.

WOW!!!! :eek:

You must be so happy! I'm not going to lie, I am completely jealous. Can't believe how quickly it is changing now. Enjoy it and keep posting so we can with you!

I am, but still cautiously optimistic as its still early days, do still worry (not stressing or laying up at night though) a little about when the final density will be like. As for jealousy, don't be, you'll soon be experiencing it yourself, time really flies by, I really can't believe it'll be 3 months next week. :eek:

Thanks, does seem to have a bit of momentum behind it at the moment, hopefully that continues.

I'm not sure, in some lighting it looks quite minimal, in other light more noticable. To be honest the growth is now making the area more obvious if anything with incoming hairs starting to frame the hairline a little.

Well not sure the ugly duckling phase is quite gone yet, if anything its slightly more noticable now as there is some shorter growth next to longer hair, but I think in a month the my fringe (or bangs as they say in the states) will cover it .. although once there is a little more density to it, I am considering taking all the top down to a grade 4 again so that it blends in with the transplated hair a little more. I do take pics almost daily for myself, but to be honest its not that noticable from day to day, but I will post when ever (like above) I see some definate progress. Will also post next Wednesday as thats my official 3 months.

I am, but still cautiously optimistic as its still early days, do still worry (not stressing or laying up at night though) a little about when the final density will be like. As for jealousy, don't be, you'll soon be experiencing it yourself, time really flies by, I really can't believe it'll be 3 months next week. :eek:

Guess its a good thing time flies fast ;) i'll be at asmed in a week, hopenext 4 months passes fast!

Looking very good! Can't wait to see your progress over the next few months. Gonna be awesome.

Thanks WillHT, fingers crossed!

Just Jax do you goto the gym? If so how long did you take off the gym?

Yes, I waited until after 4 weeks which is the advice that Asmed clinic gives. Some suggest less but I wanted to stick to their guidelines. Although I did technically go to the gym after week 3, but only walked (literally just walked) on the treadmill, but that was mainly because I was worried about struggling to get back into the gym after a month off so figured it would help my mindset just being back in the gym.

Hard to believe its 3 months today since my surgery. Growth seems to be kicking in nicely. If I'm totally honest 5% of me is annoyed that the front is a little weaker at this stage (see first pic), but the more reasonable 95% of me recognizes I'm at the early stages of growth so a long way to go yet. Plus if I look closely at the center were its a little patchier, I can see the odd black dot of hair that's due to break through, so I have my fingers and toes crossed :D

Pics are from this evening. I normally wear it down more to hide the growth.

FullSizeRender2.thumb.jpg.300b962a20d43f26b5e34b26f5c086af.jpg

FullSizeRender1.thumb.jpg.8a6a9a8b2ca2593008a5b73784bb74d4.jpg

FullSizeRender4.thumb.jpg.1fcb46256bf7670466bdc5479993b98a.jpg

FullSizeRender3.thumb.jpg.a8e27f6c17acbf0d5a50eeabc1cd5efc.jpg

IMG_0608.thumb.jpg.36dc5de918f84ee3f354662e0bbc4464.jpg