2700 Grafts FUE - Tue 11th October 2016 - Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED Istanbul

JustJax

Okay, so I may regret sharing this one but as I mentioned early in the thread, my HT at Asmed was filmed for a documentary and I have just found out the episode airs in the U.S next Monday night. It will be a short segment on National Geographic's 'Explorer'. which is part investigative documentary part debate show with a guest panel and live audience.

The official description for Episode 6 is "EXPLORER delves into the wealth gap, male insecurity and donating your body to science." ... I think you can guess which one the hair transplant is.:D Anyway, the shows airs Mon 19th Dec, 10pm ET in the States on National Geographic and I think its repeated a couple of times throughout the week. Production team don't have a date for the show airing in Europe but have said that clips are also uploaded to Explorer - National Geographic Channel and the Nat Geo YouTube channel so there is a good chance the clip around male insecurity will be online after the 19th.

I have no idea at this stage if I'm in it, the majority of the filming at Asmed was with myself and a little with an italian guy, but its a short segment so I could only be in a small part or I could even land up on the cutting room floor as they say in Hollywood. I just hope if I am on it, I don't look like an idiot particularly as I did babble about a lot of things.:rolleyes:

Hey JustJax, did travelling to Turkey worry you at all? Was there ever a time you felt unsafe?

Hi eller1, to be honest I was worried before I came because of some of the things that had happened but once I arrived I felt totally safe and all my concerns just went away.

While its hard not to worry when you read there have been incidents, the odd of you getting caught up in anything really is next to zero. But for my own piece of mind, I did choose to fly into the smaller (and closer to the clinic) Sabiha G?k?en International Airport instead of Atat?rk and I also didn't travel into the main area of Istanbul to do any sightseeing. I basically just stayed on the Asia side by the clinic, which is more of a business area. The hotel that Asmed use is a Radisson Blu is its 2 mins from the clinic so once you are there you don't have to go beyond the hotel or clinic. Asmed even pick you up and drop you off for all travel to including to/from the airport and all trips between the clinic/hotel.

Okay, so I'm around 9 weeks and a few days and I definitely have some growth. I wasn't sure at first as its difficult to gauge, but over the past two weeks the recipient area felt a little more prickly, like there were small hair and looking back at some of my pics from 2 weeks ago I can see a difference. Its not a huge amount, but some obvious hairs and I can see a reasonably number of dots, i.e hairs underneath the skin looking to break through. For the moment growth seems to be more focused on the temples, but hardly nothing in the front which is annoying.:rolleyes: Anyway, I know its early days .. hopefully its all a good sign.

Pics below, open in their own page to see them full size.

growth1.thumb.jpg.c55d798234af9d322755e740fad3649f.jpg

growth2.thumb.jpg.e512fb62d77d78e7f5c7bc27edd53fdb.jpg

growth3.thumb.jpg.40ac92d0ed5149c709a1616ffe1466a2.jpg

Growth at 9 weeks! Wow that's so good. They say early growers often have the best results.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Great progress mate, good luck!

Found your post on tripadvisor, so how was netflix and internet connection in hotel? Hope works fine as I plan to stay there for a week.

Also, may I please check if you are allowed the asmed hat in week 1? Specially on the flight back home, I hope yes.

Found your post on tripadvisor, so how was netflix and internet connection in hotel? Hope works fine as I plan to stay there for a week.

Also, may I please check if you are allowed the asmed hat in week 1? Specially on the flight back home, I hope yes.

Hey, to be honest I never really got around to watching much Netflix, but hotel WiFi overall was pretty good. You can now download with Netflix (at last some of their Netflix Originals shows) so perhaps do that before hand. In terms of the hat, I believe Asmed advise you wait a week before wearing so that's probably fine, but I wouldn't bother with the hat. You will be more noticeable with the hat than with out and after a week of walking around the hotel with a combo of a shaved/marked up head (pre-surgery) /then a post surgery head you most likely won't care. Nobody in the hotel cares or flinches as they see 3-4 people just like it every day and for me, after quickly losing my inhibitions at the hotel, I didn't care by the time I came to fly home. You will never see these people again so don't worry about it. When is your surgery?

All done to hairline. How do you feel density will be?

ussoccerfan1990 - is this unshaven fue procedure done by dr erdogan? Can you post some post fue pics from side and back too please?

Keen to know how your experience was different from others doing shaven fue and if you'll recommend to go for unshaven fue or not

I'm here right now... and the internet connection is extremely slow.. you probably won't notice while browsing.. but the speed is limited to around 200k (per device). Pretty pathetic. The wifi at the clinic is actually amazing.. 70mbps.. Downloaded a 4gb file in less than 10 minutes at the clinic.. took HOURS at the hotel.

Kind of sucks for me since I have to download large files to do my work.. whereas if I downloaded at the clinic it would literally take a few minutes.

I couldn't watch youtube videos at 1080 or 720 here.. It's my first night.. so we'll see..

The best thing about the hotel is by the desk there is a wall plate that has HDMI, ethernet, 2 multi-support outlets (america, uk, uae, europe, etc).. powered USB port, and some older connections (rca audio, s-video, vga plug). I can add a picture if you need.. and probably will throw it up on TripAdvisor.

Regarding the asmed hat. rofl. I would not wear it.. in fact.. I just walk around without it. Like JustJax mentioned previously.. it's weird that you just stop kind of caring about it. I plan to wear my regular hat after a few days.. I think you can wear them after 4-5 days if swelling permits..

*edit : If you use an optical mouse.. the desk is glass.. My mouse can usually handle it.. but it's useless on this thing.. so I would recommend bringing a mousepad.. or, failing that, just grab one of the menus for room service.. that works well enough.

Edited by MrN3rd
added some additional info

I'm here right now... and the internet connection is extremely slow.. you probably won't notice while browsing.. but the speed is limited to around 200k (per device). Pretty pathetic. The wifi at the clinic is actually amazing.. 70mbps.. Downloaded a 4gb file in less than 10 minutes at the clinic.. took HOURS at the hotel.

Kind of sucks for me since I have to download large files to do my work.. whereas if I downloaded at the clinic it would literally take a few minutes.

I couldn't watch youtube videos at 1080 or 720 here.. It's my first night.. so we'll see..

The best thing about the hotel is by the desk there is a wall plate that has HDMI, ethernet, 2 multi-support outlets (america, uk, uae, europe, etc).. powered USB port, and some older connections (rca audio, s-video, vga plug). I can add a picture if you need.. and probably will throw it up on TripAdvisor.

Regarding the asmed hat. rofl. I would not wear it.. in fact.. I just walk around without it. Like JustJax mentioned previously.. it's weird that you just stop kind of caring about it. I plan to wear my regular hat after a few days.. I think you can wear them after 4-5 days if swelling permits..

*edit : If you use an optical mouse.. the desk is glass.. My mouse can usually handle it.. but it's useless on this thing.. so I would recommend bringing a mousepad.. or, failing that, just grab one of the menus for room service.. that works well enough.

Good info, thanks. I have a feeling it will be very boring 8 days since cant do much right after surgery. How did your surgery go? Hope well

Good info, thanks. I have a feeling it will be very boring 8 days since cant do much right after surgery. How did your surgery go? Hope well

My surgery went well... I have very little pain.. mostly swelling.. The days can be boring if you don't have anything to do. I work most of the day.. and read whenever I don't feel like working,.. also brought tons of movies with me.. which I suggest you do.

Definitely enjoy the breakfast buffet... probably the highlight of my day :D

Hey JustJax,

Just wanted to let you know.. I saw a clip of you on nat geo at the clinic ;) -- was playing in the piano room..

Haha, oh no :D

My surgery went well... I have very little pain.. mostly swelling.. The days can be boring if you don't have anything to do. I work most of the day.. and read whenever I don't feel like working,.. also brought tons of movies with me.. which I suggest you do. :D

Congrats MrN3rd, when do you fly home? You should start up a thread and post some pics. Always good to see how other Asmed clients are doing.

Haha, oh no :D

Congrats MrN3rd, when do you fly home? You should start up a thread and post some pics. Always good to see how other Asmed clients are doing.

I definitely plan on it.. I've actually been writing stuff down.. I fly home on the 30th.. decided to stay 10 days after surgery.. glad I did.. because I looked like a neanderthal for a few days.. and I was a little paranoid about the washing.. although I feel it's fine now.

your thread helped me out quite a bit.. so... I'd like to give back as well..

I definitely plan on it.. I've actually been writing stuff down.. I fly home on the 30th.. decided to stay 10 days after surgery.. glad I did.. because I looked like a neanderthal for a few days.. and I was a little paranoid about the washing.. although I feel it's fine now.

your thread helped me out quite a bit.. so... I'd like to give back as well..

Glad you found my thread helful. Can't believe are staying over Christmas. Unless of course if you don't celebrate Christmas then I guess you don't care. :D

Good choice in terms of getting the clinic to wash it up until you leave. I know if I could go back I would have stayed longer for them to wash for at least the first week at a minimum as I personally found that quickly stressfully. But then I am easily stressed. ;)

Looking forward to reading your thread and seeing your pics!

Hey JustJax, how long did it take you to get from Ataturk airport to the clinic?

Hi eller1, I actually flew in and out of Sabiha Gokcen airport which is on the Asia side and closer to the clinic. As MrN3rd suggests Ataturk is around an hour but that's assuming no major traffic. Think it's fine this time of year but you can probably add another 30 mins at peak time from what I have been told.

Glad you found my thread helful. Can't believe are staying over Christmas. Unless of course if you don't celebrate Christmas then I guess you don't care. :D

Good choice in terms of getting the clinic to wash it up until you leave. I know if I could go back I would have stayed longer for them to wash for at least the first week at a minimum as I personally found that quickly stressfully. But then I am easily stressed. ;)

Looking forward to reading your thread and seeing your pics!

Missing christmas is definitely a pretty negative part...but it had to be done ;) If I didn't take this appointment there wasn't any availability until well into next year.. and I have some more public engagements in the middle of next year.. so I needed to get it out of the way asap.

Just a quick question.. Do you recall your grafts per hour? Mine was around ~650 while some other patients were getting ~1000. I did, however, have issues with local anesthetic.. and my hair caliber is thick.. so I'm wondering if that contributed to anything. My hair caliber was between 60-70.. doctor was kind of surprised by it..

Your donor area looks very clean. Mine on the other hand is pretty marked up. lots of red blotchiness and not quite the nice pin hole look you got. I'll have to find out from the clinic.. My recipient area seems to be doing great though.

I'll post my report once I get home.. with pics ;)

Missing christmas is definitely a pretty negative part...but it had to be done ;) If I didn't take this appointment there wasn't any availability until well into next year.. and I have some more public engagements in the middle of next year.. so I needed to get it out of the way asap.

Just a quick question.. Do you recall your grafts per hour? Mine was around ~650 while some other patients were getting ~1000. I did, however, have issues with local anesthetic.. and my hair caliber is thick.. so I'm wondering if that contributed to anything. My hair caliber was between 60-70.. doctor was kind of surprised by it..

Your donor area looks very clean. Mine on the other hand is pretty marked up. lots of red blotchiness and not quite the nice pin hole look you got. I'll have to find out from the clinic.. My recipient area seems to be doing great though.

I'll post my report once I get home.. with pics ;)

Sorry I don't recall. To be honest I was tried and being filmed so I was distracted at times so wasn't fully paying attention.

In terms the donor area, your probably best asking the team at Asmed as it's difficult to tell without seeing pictures. Bear in mind though that it changes and heals very quickly so what you see now will be quite different in 2-3 days.