2700 Grafts FUE - Tue 11th October 2016 - Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED Istanbul

JustJax

This has been a fun one to watch.

When you were asking lots of concerned questions in the beginning I knew it would all work out in due course and tried to tell you not to sweat it, reason being you had chosen a surgeon with well established results.

At 4 months things will only continue to get better.

Thanks hsrp10, I did stress quite a bit in the start. I still worry a little now and then and still get nervous when the hairdresser or someone touches the area (like it's still going to fall out or something) but thankfully I'm nowhere near as crazy as I was during those first few weeks. :D

That's amazing Jax and not even at 5 months yet. I'm 2 months behind you and am just starting to notice lots of new hairs popping through. Will be made up if it looks like yours in two more months. Amazing! Really pleased for you.

Cheers, I am pretty chuffed with it to date. It's not perfect at this stage by any means, but the hairline is pretty defined already even though the density hasn't kicked in yet. I just hope I haven't peaked too soon. I'm pretty sure you'll be rocking some good growth in the next 2 months too. It really was only these past two months that it really kicked in with me.

This looks really good. Image how it will look like in a few month. Amazing!

Fingers crossed hamburger! I see you just posted an update too, about to head over an comment! :cool:

Well it's hard to believe, but today is my 5 month post surgery anniversary. Have to say that the last month seems to have gone particularly quick.

Anyway, I was looking at my hair last night and debating again whether there was much of a real difference since last month and it's not until I looked at the pictures that once again realised that it really has changed again quite a bit. While I have been quite confident with how it's looked for well over a months now, it wasn't until my hair cut last weekend that I really personally thought to myself "wow, it actually looks really good".

For the past 2 months, the hair on top and the growth to that point created a good illusion but it's only this past week the new hair is now almost caught up with the rest and now it's really starting to blend in and not be something that I'm covering.

My internal question now is how much more growth do I have? I wonder whether my early growth means I won't possibly have a huge amount more? If I push the hair back to clearly see the hairline, the still is that weak spot in the middle of the front and while it maybe too earlier to be saying such things, I have sort of convinced myself it may never grow in there and I'm ok with that. Of course I'd like some more density but I can say that if it's never grows more than it has today, I would be still be pretty happy.

Anyway, here are the pics I took today. I know Asmed talked about coming to London again this year for consultations and I'm hoping it might be next month as then I could get my 6 months pictures taken properly by then. BTW, last pic is a before and after (after is top picture) buts it's awkward to find an old shot at the same angle but I think you can see how it's better framed my face.

IMG_1319.thumb.jpg.c2e26f7e160cfc8bb9cae6bcd68be01b.jpg

IMG_1315.thumb.jpg.e7c8668b6aec9479829b83636e2f0e4f.jpg

IMG_1320.thumb.jpg.0040b5cc952fbeff3883afca31bda2a5.jpg

IMG_1322.thumb.jpg.7df4ee71edb6a99ead059713e702f591.jpg

IMG_1324.thumb.jpg.4414bb83f9372f17e5345cce9f2a8992.jpg

IMG_1323.thumb.jpg.78146ef8ed9c45eced060064afc19b71.jpg

IMG_1334.thumb.jpg.6804f75f52441dc04cb705e32bb7e428.jpg

IMG_1336.thumb.jpg.6eb7d230d5314833a3dd4da99ff294c2.jpg

IMG_1331.thumb.jpg.4f05a0b12dc5928025d6ffe542a3e1f1.jpg

5FA612A1-3CE5-401A-AE0E-6A22CC53A30D.thumb.jpg.f265ed63f06afa61989c83bc1f97ab37.jpg

Wow! It's looking amazing! But after 5 months I highly doubt it's fully matured. I'd say you're probably looking at more density and coverage as time passes. But so far it's looking awesome. I'm nearly at my 3 week mark post Asmed HT and seeing this gets me excited

Really impressive.

You already have drastically improved your hair compared to pre op. Plus so much more time for further growth. I think you're right to take monthly photos in order to see the progress made as otherwise you wont notice it!

Wow! I'd be happy even if that was the final result. .. and still more to come!!

Wow! It's looking amazing! But after 5 months I highly doubt it's fully matured. I'd say you're probably looking at more density and coverage as time passes. But so far it's looking awesome. I'm nearly at my 3 week mark post Asmed HT and seeing this gets me excited

Even if you are a fast grower as you seem to be , 5 months is still early days, can only get better from here on in ,congratulations, 8-9 months and I'm sure you'll be even happier.

Really impressive.

You already have drastically improved your hair compared to pre op. Plus so much more time for further growth. I think you're right to take monthly photos in order to see the progress made as otherwise you wont notice it!

Thanks all, hopefully i'll see some density kicking in over the next few months and fingers crossed, the pesky weak spot in the front might even improve. Definitely looking forward to the 6 month mark next month so I can start using some styling products on it (Asmed suggest 6 months before you do) as it can look a little frizzy when its freshly washed and dried.

Hey JustJax,

You are looking great for 5 months. I remember looking patchy right up to 5 months - then by 7 months I was 100% confident and was more than happy to bump into people in broad daylight. If my rate of growth is anything to go by you should expect your already satisfactory result to improve further still.

Congrats on making it through the duck phase. :)

Ersko

Just seen this as been away for the weekend. It's crazy how much it has changed over the past two months. Really pleased for you. You have months left for more growth yet and for those hairs to mature.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Very impressive for just 5 months. Happy for you, JustJax. Hope you get more density in coming months.

Thanks, I have to say its much stronger a result at this stage than I thought it would be so I am very happy so far.

Hey JustJax,

You are looking great for 5 months. I remember looking patchy right up to 5 months - then by 7 months I was 100% confident and was more than happy to bump into people in broad daylight. If my rate of growth is anything to go by you should expect your already satisfactory result to improve further still.

Congrats on making it through the duck phase. :)

Ersko

Hey Ersko, good to hear from you. You were def one of my inspirations for going with Asmed. Did you find it difficult to track the progress once you got around to the 5-6 months stage. With the hair quite long and the hairline fairly defined, I find it difficut to see progress compared to say the 3-4 month stage.

Just seen this as been away for the weekend. It's crazy how much it has changed over the past two months. Really pleased for you. You have months left for more growth yet and for those hairs to mature.

Cheers! It really has changed massively in the last 2-3 months. I remember Christmas time being back home in Wales and not overly wanting to see people I hadn't seen in several months or since the previous Christmas (even though I didn't really care in London) and then within about 6 weeks it just totally sprouted and my confidence zoomed. I'm also sure you and all the others are right and I'll get more growth and density in the next few months. The whole how much more growth do I have in me question was really just my way of throwing out the worse case scenario as a way to protect myself. Kinda of like a job interview where you don't want to be all cocky and then be gutted when you don't get it. So its my little way of laying the mental foundation for disappointment should something not work out. Probably not the healthiest mindset but hey, it kind of works for me. :D

Congratulations on your excellent result (so far, with more sure to come).

How is recipient area redness? It looks like you still have a tiny bit?

​Echoes, there is still a very mild bit of redness, but it's not overly noticeable now that the hair has grown in. If I was still in the ugly duckling phase then I am sure it would be more obvious, but I only really notice it in pics taken indoor and when I looked yesterday in daylight with the mirror it's just a little pink at most and not really noticeble.

• 2 weeks later...
Well it's hard to believe, but today is my 5 month post surgery anniversary. Have to say that the last month seems to have gone particularly quick.

Anyway, I was looking at my hair last night and debating again whether there was much of a real difference since last month and it's not until I looked at the pictures that once again realised that it really has changed again quite a bit. While I have been quite confident with how it's looked for well over a months now, it wasn't until my hair cut last weekend that I really personally thought to myself "wow, it actually looks really good".

For the past 2 months, the hair on top and the growth to that point created a good illusion but it's only this past week the new hair is now almost caught up with the rest and now it's really starting to blend in and not be something that I'm covering.

My internal question now is how much more growth do I have? I wonder whether my early growth means I won't possibly have a huge amount more? If I push the hair back to clearly see the hairline, the still is that weak spot in the middle of the front and while it maybe too earlier to be saying such things, I have sort of convinced myself it may never grow in there and I'm ok with that. Of course I'd like some more density but I can say that if it's never grows more than it has today, I would be still be pretty happy.

Anyway, here are the pics I took today. I know Asmed talked about coming to London again this year for consultations and I'm hoping it might be next month as then I could get my 6 months pictures taken properly by then. BTW, last pic is a before and after (after is top picture) buts it's awkward to find an old shot at the same angle but I think you can see how it's better framed my face.

Great result for 5 months and very excited to see your 6 months update soon. Being that said, I'll expect it to get denser in following months

Remember it takes 3 months for the other active group of follicles to sprout , it will be even more dense by month 8! Happy for you jax. Already a home run 5 months in !

Edited by Vainism
Spelling

Well its my 6 month post surgery anniversary today!

In terms of growth, not sure if there is visually much difference between this month and last. Maybe a little stronger but it's now getting harder to tell. With that said, I certainly feel pretty confident these days. One of my little insecurities was people seeing me first thing in the morning with "bed hair" and normally before I'd leave the bedroom (even if it's just friends or family) I would quickly adjust my hair to cover the receded temples. Then just a few weeks ago my mate stayed over and crashed in my bed and as I woke, I quickly thought about adjusting my hair (out of habit) but then realise I didn't need to worry.

One thing I have noticed is that the new hair kinda has a mind of its own at the moment. It kinda rolls up a little in the front and it's a little frizzy, but i think the frizziness is simply spit ends. I should hopefully be ready to I cut the hair length at the front in the next few weeks so that should help. Also from what I've read on other threads, the hair will soften and sit with the rest of the hair more naturally in the coming months.

Lastly, apologies if the pics aren't super sharp. I had to use the front facing camera as it was too fiddly to do it otherwise. Might try and do some more pics on the weekend, some with wet hair, etc.

6D553C4F-9F7E-4700-9752-E85EE6E389A9.thumb.jpg.5a25015b78f0868090d78eb0173691fa.jpg

6431D177-EA55-4014-A8EB-CA28C6F57A00.thumb.jpg.d97fafa5ec4e57cdd11ed11135d7a897.jpg

72097CCF-7D41-4696-808F-9959A9ED7C84.thumb.jpg.0d139780661a91f6890ccdb44c6a0970.jpg

59B7CF6B-C2F9-4DFC-B9EB-A7A4FD2C53BC.thumb.JPG.514be79c07b4b9d69876a3204ac02e0f.JPG

0D5B440C-C3E7-4BE1-9E5E-DD8C1B24BE44.thumb.jpg.3dadcf8fed8f73868f089a102b13fe53.jpg

963F2A28-49BF-40E8-91D8-4F1AB31AF659.thumb.jpg.41ac9cce12208c8d4c2ae7cea33809f7.jpg

25A4CE26-5A3C-4A3D-8E6A-96B6AA7B12D5.thumb.jpg.7f0e1d444e7cc03e6e290c6d84fef4ff.jpg

Hey Jax,

You look OUTSTANDING at 6 months. Some people have this kind of result as their FINAL outcome. So congrats and enjoy your new head of hair.

I'm in the process of booking with Dr. Erdogan, shooting for around July. Congrats again bud!

That's a tremendous result Jax. I'm a month and a half behind you. Hair is growing and a new hairline is formed, but seems there isn't much new hair coming through the last few weeks. I hope this is a phase that will improve. I know what you mean about the new hair being hard to control. It's almost "pubic" like, for want of a better definition.

A changed man JustJax, looking great.

Post a before/after composite for those new to your thread.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Looks awesome, congrats!!

"One thing I have noticed is that the new hair kinda has a mind of its own at the moment. It kinda rolls up a little in the front and it's a little frizzy, but i think the frizziness is simply spit ends." <- I have exactly the same thing, couldn't have described it better. From what I understand this will change as time goes on, so enjoy it while you can :D:D:D

Hey Jax,

You look OUTSTANDING at 6 months. Some people have this kind of result as their FINAL outcome. So congrats and enjoy your new head of hair.

I'm in the process of booking with Dr. Erdogan, shooting for around July. Congrats again bud!

Thanks, I think I have been lucky to have a good result so early. BTW, I think July would be a good time for a HT. I originally wanted it around that time so that I'd be looking good when I next saw old friends and the extended family at Christmas! :cool:

That's a tremendous result Jax. I'm a month and a half behind you. Hair is growing and a new hairline is formed, but seems there isn't much new hair coming through the last few weeks. I hope this is a phase that will improve. I know what you mean about the new hair being hard to control. It's almost "pubic" like, for want of a better definition.

Haha, it is kinda like pubic hair :D I have definately read the texture changes over time.

It looks great and will get better each month. You've made the right choice, Koray Erdogan is the king of hair transplant.

Thanks SanDiegan, I don't have experience of any other HT doctor, but Dr Koray is such a lovely guy and he has a great team assisting him.

A changed man JustJax, looking great.

Post a before/after composite for those new to your thread.

Thanks, good suggestion, I'll try and pull two comparable pics together

Looks awesome, congrats!!

"One thing I have noticed is that the new hair kinda has a mind of its own at the moment. It kinda rolls up a little in the front and it's a little frizzy, but i think the frizziness is simply spit ends." <- I have exactly the same thing, couldn't have described it better. From what I understand this will change as time goes on, so enjoy it while you can :D:D:D

Well its good to hear we are all experiencing the same thing. How do you style your hair? I need to double check the notes, but I believe I can now use a hair dryer/brush on it (to straighten it out), but I am worried about pulling on the hair with a brush. I still flinch a little when they cut my hair. :D

We're probably brothers :D I also am worried about using a brush (so I don't) and flinch when they cut my hair.

As for styling: just blow dry it. Sometimes looks a little funky (almost like I have TOO much hair in front now), but mostly it's ok I think.

Well its my 6 month post surgery anniversary today!

In terms of growth, not sure if there is visually much difference between this month and last. Maybe a little stronger but it's now getting harder to tell. With that said, I certainly feel pretty confident these days. One of my little insecurities was people seeing me first thing in the morning with "bed hair" and normally before I'd leave the bedroom (even if it's just friends or family) I would quickly adjust my hair to cover the receded temples. Then just a few weeks ago my mate stayed over and crashed in my bed and as I woke, I quickly thought about adjusting my hair (out of habit) but then realise I didn't need to worry.

One thing I have noticed is that the new hair kinda has a mind of its own at the moment. It kinda rolls up a little in the front and it's a little frizzy, but i think the frizziness is simply spit ends. I should hopefully be ready to I cut the hair length at the front in the next few weeks so that should help. Also from what I've read on other threads, the hair will soften and sit with the rest of the hair more naturally in the coming months.

Lastly, apologies if the pics aren't super sharp. I had to use the front facing camera as it was too fiddly to do it otherwise. Might try and do some more pics on the weekend, some with wet hair, etc.

Great result for just 6 months.

Seems density look pretty good when u hold hairs back with your hand but a bit see through when left styled (pic 2 vs 1), do you feel the same or is it just me? Hope this improves as hair gets thicker in following months

• 1 month later...
Great result for just 6 months.

Seems density look pretty good when u hold hairs back with your hand but a bit see through when left styled (pic 2 vs 1), do you feel the same or is it just me? Hope this improves as hair gets thicker in following months

Sorry, been so busy these past several weeks I've not be great following up on posts.

To your comment, yes, you are right, although I do feel lighting plays a part. I moved into a new apartment in Feb and the lighting is terrible, really harsh over head LED spots, particularly in the bathroom. Anyway, that's not to say the isn't an issue with density, it's definitely not the same as my donor area, but with that said it's generally looks fine when styled and overall people comment it looks impressive. From reading threads on here over the past year or so, the suggestion is I should still see some more density grow in over the next 6-12 months. I'm really hoping that the case as that's the only thing that slightly bothers me.

Anyway, I was 7 months last Thursday (11th). I'll upload pictures from the 11th and some I took this week later today