2700 Grafts FUE - Tue 11th October 2016 - Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED Istanbul

JustJax

The wait is over mate. !! It's kicking off!

Yes, its been really growing since these past 2-3 weeks.

I'm so jealous. I'm at about 12 weeks and still have bumps, scabs, and no growth sign at all. Reeeeeally hoping the next couple weeks I start having something to feel good about.

Totally happy for you. Congrats, bro!

Everyone is different, how long did your shed take? You'll be sprouting any time soon.

Right on tack Just Jax. The worst is behind you, from now through to 6 months you'll really see things come in.

Thanks ersko72, hoping to get as good a result as you!

Are you buzz cutting your hair at all Just Jax?

I am thinking about it but will wait anther month or so.

Wow - that looks like great growth :)

Thanks, hopefully the momentum continues.

Yes, its been really growing since these past 2-3 weeks.

Everyone is different, how long did your shed take? You'll be sprouting any time soon.

Thanks ersko72, hoping to get as good a result as you!

I am thinking about it but will wait anther month or so.

Thanks, hopefully the momentum continues.

Any reason why you are waiting this long? So basically after the HT you never had a hair cut or buzz cut with clipper?

Great pics, here it comes man...

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Any reason why you are waiting this long? So basically after the HT you never had a hair cut or buzz cut with clipper?

Sorry I only referring to the hair on the top of my head. I have had my sides and back cut about 3, possibly 4 times already and I'm going to get it cut again this weekend. I meant I was going to perhaps get it all buzzed down to grade 3 or 4 so that the new hair growing in isn't so obvious.

Amazing how much it has improved in the past week or two. I wouldn't worry about any weak areas at the moment as you at such an early phase. Some people have no growth at this stage.

I wouldn't bother getting it buzzed if you can cover it with our original hair as I would want to watch it all come through but each to their own.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Great pics, here it comes man...

Thanks Ernie :cool:

Amazing how much it has improved in the past week or two. I wouldn't worry about any weak areas at the moment as you at such an early phase. Some people have no growth at this stage.

I wouldn't bother getting it buzzed if you can cover it with our original hair as I would want to watch it all come through but each to their own.

Yeah, its changing quite fast. I'm not overly stressing as I know its very early days, but the pessimist in me can't help but worry a little.

As for the buzz cut, I am really in two minds. As you can see below (picture taken today at the office), front doesn't quite cover it yet. Its almost there so I am tempted to keep it longer so that I have some shape and of course the top is getting to the point where I'll soon be triming that too so it'll eventully catch up.

IMG_0619.jpg.e7d979e56a63cfb9ca29e8c1271481c5.jpg

Thanks Ernie :cool:

Yeah, its changing quite fast. I'm not overly stressing as I know its very early days, but the pessimist in me can't help but worry a little.

As for the buzz cut, I am really in two minds. As you can see below (picture taken today at the office), front doesn't quite cover it yet. Its almost there so I am tempted to keep it longer so that I have some shape and of course the top is getting to the point where I'll soon be triming that too so it'll eventully catch up.

Looking great for 12 weeks and your top is covering it much better than you think. I would steer clear of buzz cut, have read many people trying it and regret later.

I got my day 1 done yesterday, all good so far, have day 2 on Monday. Hope to join the growth train soon!

Looking great for 12 weeks and your top is covering it much better than you think. I would steer clear of buzz cut, have read many people trying it and regret later.

I got my day 1 done yesterday, all good so far, have day 2 on Monday. Hope to join the growth train soon!

Thanks hkuser, I got my hair cut on Friday and decided against the buzz cut in the end but they did take a lot of the bulk off the top (but less so towards the fringe) so the front really blends in much better IMHO.

Here are some pics. Sorry for the weird angles on some, difficult to take the pictures myself.

IMG_0739.thumb.jpg.5988cf5eee0c16c2ff5062b3a8448c2e.jpg

IMG_0736.thumb.jpg.5955092305ace8bbc9e8a96b084245c7.jpg

IMG_0735.thumb.jpg.d38ef3b0c0a56d6c322be4e1a8de380c.jpg

IMG_0737.thumb.jpeg.a120ad7cedda782ead6dae3d815926df.jpeg

IMG_0660.thumb.jpg.4c2c9720ff01f0ca5ade87b238a66419.jpg

IMG_0658.thumb.jpg.b7058bd37e9890f8af324a7e7050131b.jpg

IMG_0665.thumb.jpg.dfe853112095e2029887c4ecea32e052.jpg

Damn Jax, your donor area looks THICK.

Things are going great for you on top of that head of yours. You must be excited for what's coming...

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Just thought I'd share a quick comparison picture. Top is from 20th Jan, bottom 11th Jan, 9 days earlier. :eek:

Front is still a litte behind the temples for overall growth, i.e. It's a little patchier, but so far I'm very happy with the growth and in just the last week I have had 2-3 people comment about how good my hair was looking or asking if it's done something different with it. Just hoping all this good growth continues and the odd little weak patch in the front catches up.

E5ECF154-6733-451B-BC0E-B4818A099162.thumb.jpg.5121423c5115e7a91613fa9cd7362670.jpg

It's really coming along now! You'll have to show us a picture from further out so we can see how it all blends in now and your new hair line is coming along.

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

It's really coming along now! You'll have to show us a picture from further out so we can see how it all blends in now and your new hair line is coming along.

Here you go, one with hair held back and one as it is day-to-day. As you can see definitely patchier in the centre but I have taken a few close up shots of the patchier areas and I can see one or two dots in those areas so that makes a little happier. 2nd shot is with hair down, not a brilliant pic, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like day to day. Hair on top isn't long enough yet to cover the new incoming hairline but the growth so far as already created quite a definate hair line (particaurly the temples from a distance) and its already doing a good job of re-framing my face. Had yet another person ask me if I'd done something different with my hair today. ;)

5b32f16f3658c_Mon23rd.thumb.jpg.38c55a5afdd6c1101e85fce936ebc9c4.jpg

5b32f16f62ef7_Mon23rd1.thumb.jpg.d671b71c9fdbfd15808ebf02eaa7c883.jpg

It looks amazing mate. I can't wait for this stage. :D

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Looking great, man! I'm just over 3 months by a little more than a week and I'm noticing a tiny bit... I think. Had a decent amount of shock loss so expecting that to come back as well. Hard to see what I'm noticing now. lol

Very anxious to get to where you are! Happy for ya.

Looking like really good growth. It looks like its a stage you could style it or add hair products? Or too soon?

Hi Will, it is, but technically speaking Asmed recommends people don't use proper hair styling products (mousse, gel, wax, etc) for 6 months so only thing I use to style it is a little mix of aloe vera gel and sweet almond oil, both of which Asmed recommended for the scalp to relieve redness but I use as a make shift hair product.:D

BTW, I see from another thread that you have booked in with Asmed, congrats, they are a great team and you are in safe hands!

Looking great, man! I'm just over 3 months by a little more than a week and I'm noticing a tiny bit... I think. Had a decent amount of shock loss so expecting that to come back as well. Hard to see what I'm noticing now. lol

Very anxious to get to where you are! Happy for ya.

Thanks, I think you'll really start to see things escalate in the next 3-4 weeks. I know for me I had some growth from month 2 but it was a little difficult to tell and compare to a week or so before, but then around last week Dec (10 weeks) through mid Jan, it really started to sprout, so the the fun times are coming for you!

How you been getting on over the past two weeks Jax?

Starting to see an improvement in density yet?

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

How you been getting on over the past two weeks Jax?

Starting to see an improvement in density yet?

Hey, sorry been busy moving home the past week or so been a bit tardy on the forum. A little difficult to judge about the density as I see it daily, but I think its definitely improving and the weaker patch in the front seems to have sprouted a little hair so that’s good. I'm getting lots of compliments at the moment. I saw two friends for dinner on Sunday (one hasn't seen me in 2 years and the other was early Dec when it was at its worse) and both were shocked about how great it looked and just at lunch today (in the office) one of the ladies who knows I had it done and I hadn't seen for about 2-3 weeks just came up to me and said how great it looks. I also got it cut on Saturday and I think that’s really helped too. The slightly longer fringe now covers the incoming growth and that and density to date means the new hairline is looking pretty solid already. Its still early days though, so hopefully the growth continues.

Anyway, I'm 4 months to the date on Saturday so I will post a number of pictures from different angles then. Just need to figure out the best spot in my new apartment as some lighting like the bathroom, is quite harsh.