Are Synthetic Hair Implants the Solution to Hair Loss?

Interesting info...

96.2% of patients declared to be satisfied from the result of the implant

90.3% of patients recorded no pathology after surgery/ies.

Only 5.9% presented mild infection pathologies

resolution of the septic and chemical pathologies occurred in 97.9% of the cases within an average of 15 days with the use of systemic antibiotic and/or steroid local therapy.

In 2.1% of the cases it was necessary to remove the fibres

The implant of polyamide hairs (Biofibre®) can be considered an efficient surgical technique that allows immediate aesthetic results.

In our study, hair implant technique demonstrated to be safe and well tolerated by patients.

but I am still very skeptical and would like to hear from other doctors

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

If this would work, then so would using my brother's head as my donor supply. This is BS as far as 2016 is concerned

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

suture material and keratin.

15,000 Biofibre no objection.

Science progresses .

two percent of infections.

The amount of titanium knees.

Analgin fillings .

Why not reject titanium dental driving ?

A new generation of 3D breast implants are not rejected.

I've heard nothing but bad things about these, but I agree that it isn't crazy to think that the body wouldn't accept them. It's not like they have DNA and etc for you immune system to think about.

Only issue I can think of is how they exit the body while most surgical stuff if all internal.

This is BS as far as 2016 is concerned

I am not in favor of synthetic hair implants, but it says this study was done in 2015.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26016977

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I am sort of surprised not to see reactions from anyone who experienced hair fiber implants in the 1980s in the USA. I traveled to Indianapolis for this. I can't describe how badly that turned out. The scarring remains. And I keep two very vivid memories: my girlfriend trying to help me untangle the knotted mess that just sleeping would cause--I do mean knotted--and the doctor using a black light to see the fibers he was trying to remove.

Before you figure that all that has changed, I would really do my homework. Just saying.

This technology has been around for a long time and it sort of comes and goes.

Have never read anyone who had it done coming forward with positive feedback.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I think H&W had some pictures up showing the massive scarring that results from fibrosis and rejection of the implants over time. This is not a one and done procedure because the implants shed and continually need to be maintained. If you're going to go this far, I think a far better solution would be to dense pack the frontal hairline with transplants and then wear a really good system behind this. This would be the best solution for guys who are very bald but want a very dramatic visual impact. Why even bother with this?

Could not agree more!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Many years ago I was in Boston and I actually met someone who had this done. It did not look the way I expected. I.e. the synthetic hairs themselves looked like the right color and texture and they layered well, but at the scalp level this looked very unnatural. Not like a HT, not like plugs, not like dolls hair, but different and unnatural in what I can only call a unique way. I could not stop staring at it.

The other thing I will add is that I do not know how long these synthetic hairs last. I.e. they must eventually break or shear or shred. They cannot last forever.

Then again if you ever owned a handmade Persian rug, those carpets will last forever.

My rug has almost zero wear and tear, and that's after 10 years

Imagine how nice this would be if it actually worked....if you were able to, say, use it in the crown area and then do real transplants for the hairline and mid-scalp. It would be a perfect way to compliment an HT.
That sounds like a nightmare when cutting your hair, how will you keep a stylist from trimming the synthetics? And if they do you ruin them.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Anti rejection drugs destroy your body and make your body susceptible to all kinds of opportunistic infections because they essentially weaken your immune system.
Yep, it would be foolish to risk life and limb over cosmetics, anti-rejection drugs should only be used for organ transplants and life saving therapies.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016