Are Synthetic Hair Implants the Solution to Hair Loss?

Even though synthetic fiber has advanced and can be used, the procedure of implanting them is still not a good idea for hair replacement. The material itself may be 'approved' but it doesn't offer the benefits of a natural-looking appearance, and maintenance is cost-inhibitive too.

Like hair pieces on the hairline or the crown area, the disadvantages and limitations are great while the advantages are few.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Interesting info...

96.2% of patients declared to be satisfied from the result of the implant

90.3% of patients recorded no pathology after surgery/ies.

Only 5.9% presented mild infection pathologies

]

Assuming these stats to be true it appears that synthetic hair systems are the way to go for some patients. I would recommend against it obviously for someone who may need only a "touch up." But for more severe balding yes.

Even though synthetic fiber has advanced and can be used, the procedure of implanting them is still not a good idea for hair replacement. The material itself may be 'approved' but it doesn't offer the benefits of a natural-looking appearance, and maintenance is cost-inhibitive too.

Instead of using synthetic scalp what about growing real scalp skin? Sounds like a novel idea but with todays medical advances could be possible. Of course you need to contend with the synthetic hairs which are not natural.

Like hair pieces on the hairline or the crown area, the disadvantages and limitations are great while the advantages are few.

Never seen hair pieces solely for the hairline or crown. Why a disadvantage like you said?

If synthetics are going to be used, they may as well be for a top quality hair system that can easily be removed without risk.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY