My HT for shock loss repair

Some of you may be familiar with my story that I first posted on this site over a year ago.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180455-shock-loss-warning-against-frequent-procedures.html

This week I had a HT to try and resolve this problem & also repair my strip scar at the same time. I have had 1000 grafts to infill my frontal third & 500 grafts using beard/neck hair into the strip scar.

Fingers crossed for a good result. If I didn't try I don't think I would have ever got the monkey off my back.

With my procedure this week the surgeon's attention to detail was amazing in comparison to what I have experienced before. Although it will obviously be some time before I know the full results I am so very grateful to him & will never forget his efforts.

1.thumb.jpg.87e60af5b7ad9f53b91cf7593e1cd0e9.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.2106d627670eabce84d67fef7f10a197.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.9973f93c5a47fa5a77db2fca375fd6c9.jpg

4.jpg.e98ded7db0ce0d708bf7f3e7e65f7f92.jpg

Edited by Mikey1970

Good luck with this Mikey !

Wow , you had some post op swelling here - looks like you did 15 rounds with Mike Tyson . I was lucky with my HT - no post op swelling at all . Funny the way it gets some people pretty bad , but others have none .

Yes. I think the swelling is largely due to the anaesthetic? My surgery was over three days so maybe that contributed to it? Swelling was pretty bad at the end of it....i got quizzed by security at Sydney airport wearing a bandanna & dark glasses lol.

Edited by Mikey1970

All the best with this Mikey. Seems you've had it tough with shock loss so fingers crossed this works out for you.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

You deserve a great outcome and I sincerely wish the best for you. 3 days in the chair wow that can't have been easy. How you feeling now?

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

Thanks fella's. Yes, my experience with the shock loss was a nightmare & I went for over a year with not knowing what the hell to do. It was on my mind 24/7 and truly was ruining my life.

I'm home now, resting up - have three weeks before I have to go back to work. I'm still only roughly 1 week post op but so far so good. Very glad I did it, I would never have had peace or closure if I lived my life tormented by what had happened previously.

Cheers.

Mike1970

I hope you get the outcome you deserve. I don't mean to bring up the past but I read your stories from last year. If I got to correct you say the shockloss almost happened instantly right after your transplant? If this is indeed correct I would say this may not be shockloss. There is a chance when the doctor made his slits he damage/killed your existing hairs. This is only a theory.

Regardless it doesn't matter anymore. Make sure you check with your doctor about the big scabs. I think you need to clean them up.

I wish you the best.

Edited by lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• Administrators

Happy Growing Mikey, i'm sure this time you'll get a home run result.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi Mikey,

Finally got to this thread to see the work that you just had done. And yes, I agree that the swelling is related to the fluids, anesthesia, etc required over a 3 day period. I have heard and read that your surgeon only does 300 or so grafts per day and that he places all of the grafts himself. I don't imagine his protocol has changed.

I also wish you the very best in the final result including the strip scar and don't worry, the excess scabbing will clean up very soon if it has not already by now. Wishing you an outstanding result and regrowth!

It sure has been nice getting to know you Mikey and all of the correspondence that we have had over the past year my good friend....;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks Gill & everyone for your well wishes.

My surgeon does 500 grafts per day Gill & he does all the work himself. His work is meticulous and painstaking, but from the patients perspective it is all laid out for us - including TV monitoring of every single extraction & placement of the grafts and a family member or friend is also welcome to sit in on the procedure.

Having read quite a bit on the FUE technique I was surprised to see the quality of sheath & fatty material surrounding each and every follicle. I couldn't imagine a strip graft looking any healthier. As my procedure involved a fair bit of infilling, my surgeon ensured that he cherry picked plenty of triple haired grafts for extra density. I really am as confident as I can be that he has done a fantastic job.

I know it is only early days - I am just over two weeks post op, but thus far it seems as though I have not lost a single graft to shedding even though the scabs are now gone and they even seem to be growing. Better still, no evidence of shock loss to the surrounding native hair.

Fingers crossed its my turn to have some luck in regards to surgical hair restoration.

Edited by Mikey1970

Mikey,

Those are all good signs...;)

Very happy for you!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 9 months later...