The top Dr.s as of 2015/2016...

BigBrother

Hey all, a few years back I started browsing around for options, and I remember at the time the Dr.s who consistently came to the top were:

H&W

Shapiro

Feller

Rahal

I was wondering if these were still considered the best of the best, if the list has changed in your opinions, if promising newcomers have entered the fray, etc.

Really appreciate your help!

-BB

You've got some great names in there. Konior must be added to that list. Cooley is doing some consistently nice work, and I really like what Gabel is doing. He's the up and comer to me if thats something we can even quantify. For FUE, names like Ferudini, Bisanga, Lorenzo and Erdodgan seem to come up most often.

Admittedly, I tend to review and scrutinize FUT results significantly more often as I'm in in post-op. I would look to others for FUE opinions.

• Administrators

You have to include Dr. Umar in that list, especially for his repair work, his BHT work has been the best out there.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey all, a few years back I started browsing around for options, and I remember at the time the Dr.s who consistently came to the top were:

H&W

Shapiro

Feller

Rahal

I was wondering if these were still considered the best of the best, if the list has changed in your opinions, if promising newcomers have entered the fray, etc.

Really appreciate your help!

-BB

Although Feller is good, he doesn't belong on that list along the likes of H&W, Shapiro and Rahal. I would remove Feller and add Konior and Feriduni in his place. I am assuming this is strip FUT. If FUE, then add Lorenzo and Erdogan and remove H&W

Edited by Stig

Not in my opinion.

But you do know lol.

We already addressed this at length in your own thread Dutchie. I sent you 5 links to horror stories from Jones on this forum alone. Thought you landed on Hasson.

But you do know lol.

We already addressed this at length in your own thread Dutchie. I sent you 5 links to horror stories from Jones on this forum alone. Thought you landed on Hasson

I havent landed on anyone yet.

I'm trying to gather as much information as I can on every well reviewed HT doctors out there.

So far there are only 5 contenders:

H&W

Jones

Rahal

Seager

SureHair

(^^in no particular order)

I'm trying to gather as much information as I can on every well reviewed HT doctors out there.

H&W

Jones

Rahal

Seager

SureHair

2 from 5 - if you do your research, you should land on the correct 2.

There are actually quite a few horror stories on Dr. Rahal as well

I think you mean bad cases - they all have them, although I am still looking for one from Konior. Focus should be on the consistency of the good results.

2 from 5 - if you do your research, you should land on the correct 2

Right, except in this day and age where anyone can write a review aboot anyone, you need to be very careful and try to sort out the bullshit from the truth

Right, except in this day and age where anyone can write a review aboot anyone, you need to be very careful and try to sort out the bullshit from the truth

Quite right - you are doing good Dutchie, just carry on investing the time and you will land at the right spot.

Dutchie, it seems like you are moving against popular opinion on the board of veteran advice when you keep introducing docs that haven't gotten great reviews.

Konior, Rahal, Shapiro Medical Group, Cooley, Gabel, H and W are just a few that are consistent winners, and there are more not mentioned.

We have seen several times where posters go against veteran advice and almost without fail they come of short, with very few exceptions.

I don't know anything about the doctor mentioned, but I would keep in mind that transplants aren't a thing that you want to blaze your own path on. Good luck to you.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Love you too Stig (no homo).

How's your head coming along???

Don't worry Dutchie, I love woman too much, especially their holes. My head - well I wear the Stig helmet 24/7 - that seems to do the trick -haha

Curious, what's the general consensus of Dr Path today.

So far for the most recent results, I've seen one great result on a not hairloss related forum which was performed 6 months ago and am watching 88mph's thread to see how his transplant ends out.

I know travel shouldn't be everything, but a single fairly short flight to Thailand is much easier and more convenient than 2-3 connecting flights with a total time that can end up being like 30 hours from looking at Skyscanner.

Dr Jean Devroye is also high up on my considerations.

Curious, what's the general consensus of Dr Path today.

So far for the most recent results, I've seen one great result on a not hairloss related forum which was performed 6 months ago and am watching 88mph's thread to see how his transplant ends out.

I know travel shouldn't be everything, but a single fairly short flight to Thailand is much easier and more convenient than 2-3 connecting flights with a total time that can end up being like 30 hours from looking at Skyscanner.

Dr Jean Devroye is also high up on my considerations.

I wouldn't base your choice in hair surgeons on the inconvenience of a flight. It's your own head of hair mate - choose the best surgeon for you, and then worry about the flight time.

H&W

Jones

Rahal

Seager

SureHair

You need to carry on with your research! You could start with the Doctors that I have mentioned below. In addition, check out the italian forum. It has 100s of patient testimonials with excellent photos detailing the experiences and results. This may give you a better idea of what to expect. You have lost a lot of hair, therefore having realistic expectations is very important.

1. Choose an excellent Doctor.

2. Understand what you may expect from getting a hair transplant. After you've chosen the best to work on your head, understand that the result will depend on growth, your hair characteristics, and donor supply. I haven't seen your crown area, but if it's dipping, you'll need to ratchet down your expectations significantly. Crown restoration at a high density is impossible for most REAL Norwood 5s and 6s. Would you be happy with a bald or weak crown?

3. Design and artistic ability of the Dr. This is so very important. Do you like how the Doctor designs hairlines?

4. Right now your head is untouched. Once you have surgery, you can never go back. Are you ok with having a long scar on your head? Everyone is different, just be damn sure before committing to anything.

Finally, I'm gonna give you a different solution. Have you considered getting a hair system instead? Hair systems are an affordable option for men with significant hair loss. And in my opinion, when done right, can look excellent and very natural.

Finally, for North America, here you go! Best of luck to you!

H&W, Dr. Konior, Dr. Gabel, Dr. Ron Shapiro, & Dr. Rahal!

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I'm looking for the best surgeons in NYC/Long Island area. I have set up consults with the following.

Feller

Wesley

Dornin

Ziering

Can anyone give their input? And are there better doctors in this area that I need to add to the list.

Thanks,

I have only had two procedures with Dr. Cooley, so clearly I am biased. I will say this though; I simply cannot imagine a better surgeon than Dr. Cooley. I am not saying there isn't one out there, but if you have been worked on by someone better than Cooley you are one lucky SOB. Everything about Dr. Cooley is impeccable. For one, he is a straight shooter. He will tell you what you can achieve and how you should go about achieving it. There is no upsell--no BS. He just wants you to have the best results possible. Second, his staff is phenomenal. From the moment you get there until your hair is fully grown in, Dr. Cooley and his staff are there for your 100%. Finally, his work is absolutely incredible. He is truly an artist. And I especially like his use of A-Cell. In my opinion, that stuff really works. If you are interested, you can follow my progress by going to my profile. I know it might almost sound cliche, but I truly believe my hair looks better than it did in college. The hairline is appropriate, the blending is perfect and the donor scar is practically undetectable.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello All,

I'm looking for the best surgeons in NYC/Long Island area. I have set up consults with the following.

Feller

Wesley

Dornin

Ziering

Can anyone give their input? And are there better doctors in this area that I need to add to the list.

Thanks,

In my opinion, limiting the search for a surgeon to a certain geographical area is a BIG mistake.

But hey, it's your head. Your choice in the end.

Hello All,

Feller

Wesley

Dornin

Ziering

Thanks,

Yeah, you should expand your list bud. There are better elsewhere such as the likes of Hasson, Rahal, Shapiro, Konior, Feriduni, Lorenzo ect