2501 FUE with Dr Lorenzo - very fine hair.

needmoarhair

You look like you're healing really well. Just got to play the waiting game now.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Congrats on the op' Needmoahair - looking good .

I had mine done on 17th December , so only 5 days post-op. I have all the similar concerns to yourself about returning to work so will just have to see how it goes .I return to work on the 4th January , so fingers crossed .

It's good to have a defined hairline again , even if it is only a short while before the shock loss kicks in . Been a long time since I had a frontal hairline .

I'll be doing a post shortly on my HT - just need to get the wording and photo's sorted out .

You look like you're healing really well. Just got to play the waiting game now.

Thanks Pete, I appreciate your valued input.

I had mine done on 17th December , so only 5 days post-op. I have all the similar concerns to yourself about returning to work so will just have to see how it goes .I return to work on the 4th January , so fingers crossed .

It's good to have a defined hairline again , even if it is only a short while before the shock loss kicks in . Been a long time since I had a frontal hairline .

I'll be doing a post shortly on my HT - just need to get the wording and photo's sorted out .

Congrats! Was yours with Dr Lorenzo as well?

Day 13 post op - still some donor pain, recipient is numb - as expected. No shedding yet but fully expecting it to start soon.

I'm really pleased with everything so far.

Congrats! Was yours with Dr Lorenzo as well?

Day 13 post op - still some donor pain, recipient is numb - as expected. No shedding yet but fully expecting it to start soon.

I'm really pleased with everything so far.

My procedure was with Dr Karadeniz in Istanbul . Luckily , I didn't have any of the post-op swelling that some people suffer. The first couple of nights were a bit rough , but apart from a tight feeling to the scalp , had no problems whatsoever .

Only early days , but I think the density and design is looking promising .

Bumped my head a couple of times on the way home on the plane . Amazing isn't it ? Never bumped my head on a plane and do it twice straight after a HT procedure ! Was a bit worried before I arrived home in case any of the grafts were displaced , but all looked good .

My procedure was with Dr Karadeniz in Istanbul . Luckily , I didn't have any of the post-op swelling that some people suffer. The first couple of nights were a bit rough , but apart from a tight feeling to the scalp , had no problems whatsoever .

Only early days , but I think the density and design is looking promising .

Bumped my head a couple of times on the way home on the plane . Amazing isn't it ? Never bumped my head on a plane and do it twice straight after a HT procedure ! Was a bit worried before I arrived home in case any of the grafts were displaced , but all looked good .

I was so careful on the plane, managed not to bump my head yet and now I'm 13 days post op, everything should be locked in so hopefully I won't lose any grafts if I bump my head. I'm still being careful though, especially when putting my cap on.

Really looking forward to seeing this progress as I am a possible uk guy looking to travel to Madrid to see the master !! Did you go for an in person consultation in Spain or did you visit him whilst he was in the uk ? Did he explain how many grafts you had in your donor ? Did you get any free grafts ?

Really looking forward to seeing this progress as I am a possible uk guy looking to travel to Madrid to see the master !! Did you go for an in person consultation in Spain or did you visit him whilst he was in the uk ? Did he explain how many grafts you had in your donor ? Did you get any free grafts ?

Hi,

I went for a consult in person back in June at the Madrid clinic. Dr Lorenzo said I have about 6000 grafts in my donor area at the consultation but on the day of the operation my graft quality was much better than expected. I got 101 grafts free, although I would have been happy to pay for them.

It's really easy to fly to Madrid, get over there and see the man in person. The clinic will arrange a room at a hotel nearby at a reduced rate and they offer a shuttle bus to and from the airport, so it's pretty easy. I also went to Bisanga in Brussels and that was easy too.

All the best fella.

Needmorehair

Who was on your surgeon shortlist? I also went to Madrid to see Lorenzo and I've had consults with pretty much all the docs I'd really consider getting a HT with - apart from Bisanga. For whatever reason, I've never really looked into his results so not pursued a consultation. Why did you boil it down to Lorenzo above any of the others?

Needmorehair

Who was on your surgeon shortlist? I also went to Madrid to see Lorenzo and I've had consults with pretty much all the docs I'd really consider getting a HT with - apart from Bisanga. For whatever reason, I've never really looked into his results so not pursued a consultation. Why did you boil it down to Lorenzo above any of the others?

Farjo, Feriduni, Lorenzo, Bisanga.

Lorenzo won out because his results with similar hair types and norwood pattern to mine I saw on the net.

When I visited the clinic he took a lot of time to go over everything and gave me the most confidence that a good result could be achieved - obviously I don't know that is going to be the case at the moment but I know he stands by his work.

All the surgeons on my list are top Doc's, so I don't think I could go wrong with any of them but I'm happy with my choice, you just need to do your own research as well.

Day 17 post op - donor area is now painless, still a little itchy. Recipient area is still numb, skin is dry and flaky, not sure if I should be moisturising it or not. No shockloss or shed yet but I'm expecting it to start soon. Redness is fading but still visible.

I wondered if there was any more info on the process and logistics, regarding contacting the clinic, consultation etc you could share, as I am thinking of doing the same. Do they help with travel and utting you up somewhere to stay? Or is it there and back same day? Did you fly there? It's not the process that worries me (I just have an iffy hairline I want sorting!) but more the complications of the rest!

I wondered if there was any more info on the process and logistics, regarding contacting the clinic, consultation etc you could share, as I am thinking of doing the same. Do they help with travel and utting you up somewhere to stay? Or is it there and back same day? Did you fly there? It's not the process that worries me (I just have an iffy hairline I want sorting!) but more the complications of the rest!

If you go onto their website you can do an online consultation, Dr Lorenzo takes a few days to reply, but he will.

With regards to logistics, if you have to fly in then 3 days in a hotel hear the clinic are provided as part of the cost. I was worried about the logistics too but to be honest it was easy. I enjoyed walking up to the clinic each day post op as Alcobendas is a nice area. Probably the trickiest part is the plane ride home and making sure you don't bump your head.

Hope that helps, feel free to ask any more questions.

Edited by needmoarhair

Thanks, reassuring. I was going to ask about costs, I have read something like the starting rate is 6 euro up to 1000, and it gets less thereafter. I don't think I'll need many as it's just corners of hairline. What comes on top of that?

hey needmoarhair

how is your recovery coming along recently? The early photos are good too. Have you shed much of the transplanted hair off yet? Now you are back at work did anyone notice it?

I'm now 25 days post op...

First day back at work today, also first day back at the gym. No one has said anything to me about my hair but I have had a few looks. I think this is because it is a very different look for me and the redness is very apparent under the fluorescent lights in the office. I look awful under those lighting conditions but there isn't anything I can do about it as I cannot wear concealer as per the instructions from the clinic.

I felt quite self conscious today but I'm sure that will pass and my hair is growing so it should be back to nearly pre op length in another 4 to 6 weeks providing I don't suffer any shock loss.

With regards to shedding I've not noticed a huge amount but I have definitely shed some hair at the front hairline, the single hair grafts by the looks of it. Overall though it's not been too bad so far however I'm expecting the shedding to get worse over the next few weeks.

I'm still quite numb in the recipient area and on the top of my head, hopefully that will subside soon.

I'll post some photos at my 1 month mark which is this weekend coming.

Thanks for the support guys.

I'm now 25 days post op...

First day back at work today.

Ha - same here . Started to work myself up a bit at the weekend at the prospect of it . As I'd had a FUT , bit trickier for me as the hair is not dense enough at the donor area yet . Anyway , just decided to wear a baseball cap and let people know . To be fair , everyone was great .

Massive relief - just have to wear the cap for a few more weeks now until it's settled .

I still have the numbness and sensitivity also , so sound s like it's par the course .

Your 1st day is over , some from a work viewpoint that's 1 worry out of the way .

Coming up on my 1 month mark tomorrow, quick update with photos to follow tomorrow.

Donor area fully healed, I have some shockloss at the back, not too bad but my wife noticed it. The donor area is still a little itchy, treating with aloe vera gel & saline spray.

Recipient area is still numb. Started shedding over the last few days, not nice but expected. I've shed about 30% so far, one spot on my right temple is looking a little bare, although there is stubble there so I don't know if that will grow sooner than expected.

I've had a few people in work ask me about my short haircut, I've made a joke out of it so far. No one has asked about the redness, which as I've said before, looks awful under the office lighting.

I still feel very positive about everything, I think the next couple of months are going to be hard, especially if I shed a lot more.

Thanks again for the support, any questions, fire away!