2501 FUE with Dr Lorenzo - very fine hair.

needmoarhair

Hey mate. I have the exact same issue as you - very fine hair all over my head and also looking at Dr Lorenzo as an option. The only thing is that I can't seem to find any pricing information on his site and I recall having read that the procedure can be a bit pricey.

Are you able to say how much the procedure cost you?

Hey mate. I have the exact same issue as you - very fine hair all over my head and also looking at Dr Lorenzo as an option. The only thing is that I can't seem to find any pricing information on his site and I recall having read that the procedure can be a bit pricey.

Are you able to say how much the procedure cost you?

I've got answer from <joselorenzo@injertocapilar.com> on 9 July about prices:

Prices: We operate using the FUE technique only. The prices are individual and can change based on the number of units. As a rough guideline, our prices are: 6 Euros each for the first 1000 units, 4 Euros each from 1000 to 2000 units and 2.5 Euros each for over 2000 units ( so 1000 graft, 6000 €; 2000 graft, 10000 €; 3000 graft,12500 €), independent of the number of procedures. We usually transplant around 2000 units per day per patient,

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! I'm very sorry for the lack of updates. I've had a very busy few weeks/months with a change of job. Luckily I've not been worrying about my hair as I'm feeling very happy with my results so far and improved self confidence.

Prices are as stated above unless Jose has changed pricing since my operation.

Pics this time show my barnet with a stying product in it.

I am on meds - 7.5mg of Proscar per week.

DSC_0563.thumb.jpg.259c873cc920dbeb817f9d637cf37be3.jpg

DSC_0564.thumb.jpg.3405bfef00de816039cc28dc35701d51.jpg

DSC_0565.thumb.jpg.03e028c2bb419a3ca5804fe4c14336c5.jpg

DSC_0566.thumb.jpg.1771e10fd3a33ddf4d553a37999e5feb.jpg

DSC_0567.thumb.jpg.a0485853b62d2d3b88998fa7df31533c.jpg

Looking good buddy

I would keep your hair that lenth as it suits you & shows some nice density even with fine hair you seem to have.

I've actually been wearing it slightly longer and trying different styles. It's pretty weird having a hairline again!

I've actually been wearing it slightly longer and trying different styles. It's pretty weird having a hairline again!

Yep I get you buddy & I bet it is kinda weird having a hairline again but hay its your hair, play around with different styles & why not right?

Enjoy it, own it!

Latest update looks great. Coming along really nicely.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 1 month later...

New update with photos incoming, busy with work and life as usual.

I've been thinking more about a second surgery but I'm going to wait till 2017 for another consultation with Dr Lorenzo.

Still very happy with the results, every day I look in the mirror I feel a lot better about the decision I made to get the surgery and it's given me bags more confidence.

Can't wait. Can you take pics of the hair one please and density of the hairline

Sure. I'lltry to get some close ups of the hairline for you.

What I've realised, and this has been said many times on here, is that a HT is not the same as your natural hair. What I mean is it's an ilusion - the density is not the same as it was before I went bald but this was never going to be possible in my case due to my donor supply and hair caliber. That said, I now have what I would consider a full head of hair. I recently went for a haircut - the first time at a local barbers - the hairdresser was telling me that her son, in his early 20's, is losing his hair. I said that there are treatments and that I'd had surgery. She was totally taken back as she could not believe my hair wasn't as nature intended, so hats off to Dr Lorenzo!

Looks fantastic !! Congrats ! Do you have any scarring in the donor ? Also can you have your hair cut at the back and sides as short as before surgery or do you have to have your hair longer ?

No scarring in the donor area, I can wear my hair short if I want but I usually don't go shorter than a 2 guard on the clippers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Some updates from about a month ago, totally forgot to upload these, sorry guys.

Looking fabulous dude, congratulations on the fantastic new hairline!! Enjoy your results :)

However, i am a bit confused as to decide whether these results were due to a good hair transplant or due to Propecia. I mean obviously the results are due to a combination of both, but, would you have still gotten the same result if you did not take propecia??

Also, i hope you do realise the dangerous side effects of propecia :)

Nontheless, your hairline looks natural and great!

Looking fabulous dude, congratulations on the fantastic new hairline!! Enjoy your results :)

However, i am a bit confused as to decide whether these results were due to a good hair transplant or due to Propecia. I mean obviously the results are due to a combination of both, but, would you have still gotten the same result if you did not take propecia??

Also, i hope you do realise the dangerous side effects of propecia :)

Nontheless, your hairline looks natural and great!

Finasteride definitely had a great deal to do with the result, my hair is more course since taking finasteride. I'm well aware of the sides, I've not experienced any so far though.

Finasteride definitely had a great deal to do with the result, my hair is more course since taking finasteride. I'm well aware of the sides, I've not experienced any so far though.

I hope you never experience any of its horrible side effects!! And you're results look fabulous!

The problem is i am very scared to take finasteride as it is impossible to know whether it will give side effects or not beforehand :(

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

Well well gentlemen, time to update this thread again after a few years! Things have been pretty good hair wise untill about a year ago when I noticed some thinning at the front again. I contacted Dr Lorenzo and changed from Finasteride to Dutasteride which seems to have stabilised things but there is no getting away from the fact that I need to go and see the wizard in Madrid again.

I'll be heading over to get a topup of about 1200 grafts to repair the front and strengthen the midscalp.

Pics to follow of my current situation

• Like 2

• Administrators

Wow updating us after nearly a decade. Awesome man, can’t wait to follow your next journey.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.