Dr. Rahal 3700 FUT

leftygolfer71

Thanks for your pictures! I am myself considering a FUT with Dr Rahal... The way I would look 4 weeks post-FUT is making me ambivalent about going through the intervention as I will only be able to take one month off work.

Please post new pics (front, top and back) when you are at the one-month mark as this would be very precious knowledge for me and it would really help me make a good decision! I would much rather have people at work not notice or comment on my procedure.

:)

Thanks for your pictures! I am myself considering a FUT with Dr Rahal... The way I would look 4 weeks post-FUT is making me ambivalent about going through the intervention as I will only be able to take one month off work.

Please post new pics (front, top and back) when you are at the one-month mark as this would be very precious knowledge for me and it would really help me make a good decision! I would much rather have people at work not notice or comment on my procedure.

I am in the same boat as you. Speculating how my scar would look after a month as I plan on taking that much time off work. To OP, if you get a chance and if possible, please post pictures of your scar around 4 weeks time. Thanks!

I am in the same boat as you. Speculating how my scar would look after a month as I plan on taking that much time off work. To OP, if you get a chance and if possible, please post pictures of your scar around 4 weeks time. Thanks!

Much of this depends on the length you plan to cut your hair. If you wear your hair longer already and maintain to keep it that way you won't see anything in the donor.

I am very happy Rahal patient but I will also say he sometimes falls short of the detailed long term plan details. One MUST know their LT donor supply and DETAILED LT plan. I think Rahal sometimes falls short of this and again, I love the guy.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Much of this depends on the length you plan to cut your hair. If you wear your hair longer already and maintain to keep it that way you won't see anything in the donor.

True... although if I keep my hair quite longer in the back to hide the donor scar, and the top of my head has very short hair as it had been shaved 4 weeks before, it would look weird or not very balanced at least. I am a NW4.

It looks great! Your scar is already barely visible!

How is the scalp looking in the recipient area? Does it show you went through surgery?

How long has your native hair regrown ?

My scalp is still pink and I have shed almost all the hair. My native hair grew pretty fast - not sure how much, but enough to cover the scar pretty good. Rahal did a great job on the scar.

looking good, haven't shed all your grafts yet, a small amount (5-10%) sometimes grow right out.... pic of the back of your head looks great, linear scar not even noticeable due to the length of your hair.. hairline design looks great too - how many grafts did you get?

you should be in store for a great result in a couple of months - I'm a Rahal patient too...

looking good, haven't shed all your grafts yet, a small amount (5-10%) sometimes grow right out.... pic of the back of your head looks great, linear scar not even noticeable due to the length of your hair.. hairline design looks great too - how many grafts did you get?

you should be in store for a great result in a couple of months - I'm a Rahal patient too...

Thanks man - I appreciate it! I ended up with 3700 grafts.

We'd like to clarify few points so the forum members can follow our process. At Rahal, we feel the planning is the most crucial part of any hair restoration surgery. With a good detailed plan, and knowing the worst-case hair loss scenario, a patient can then decide if they can accept their plan or not. When we cannot meet a patient's expectations given the limitation of the donor supply, we always decide against surgery.

At the same time accurately estimating the exact life time graft count is hard (short of counting each graft, which does not account for future miniaturization). An estimate is usually given based on current density and projected density after FUE or strip extraction. We review the age, family history, medications and we examine the pattern and rate of hair loss of each individual.

For this reason, we find ourselves, on daily basis, informing patients how they are not candidates, based on their objective hair loss information and mismatches with their expectations.

It has been studied, that only 17% of the discussed information during a doctor-patient discussion is actually retained. For this reason, we have two dedicated full time staff (Kamila and Larissa) with the sole responsibility to handle the pre-operative and the post-operative questions that surround each patient we treat. This is on top of the information discussed with the Patient Advisors and, of course, Dr. Rahal.

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Youre at the cusp 1.5 month was my worst look, give it a couple more months and you'll be like a chia pet happy growing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looks pretty healthy. Did you use all the ATP post op? Time should take care of the redness, but make sure you're using a sulfate free shampoo.
Thanks! Yes, if you mean that saline solution.

Youre at the cusp 1.5 month was my worst look, give it a couple more months and you'll be like a chia pet happy growing.

Thanks, I can't wait...:-)

I'm two months post op with Dr. R and still have some redness. I think if you have pale skin and get a dense pack, the redness is going to linger for longer. I'm getting some mild early growth at two months, too, so hopefully you'll see some action soon!

I'm two months post op with Dr. R and still have some redness. I think if you have pale skin and get a dense pack, the redness is going to linger for longer. I'm getting some mild early growth at two months, too, so hopefully you'll see some action soon!

Thanks!

looking forward to your results over the next few months. I'm nearly six months since my procedure with Dr Rahal

This stage sucks, but I feel a lot of fine peach fuzz growing and my native hair is growing like crazy..

Will the redness EVER go away?? Thoughts?

I could still see traces of pinkishness at months 5 and 6. But that's me looking at my scalp from 2 inches away in the mirror.

You're in the Norwood 5 area. We're the same age, but I still had the strip of hair in the midscalp intact, so Konior put 2700 grafts in front and 1100 in the crown.

Essenstially, besides the graft placement, our surgeries were very, very similar. Same age, and almost same graft count. If you want the crown covered, you'll need another one...plus Rahal could do touch-up work to other areas from the first surgery.

As good as these doctors are, there is always room for improvement.

I hope you're at least on Propecia for hair stabilization. Rogaine wouldn't hurt either. :)

I could still see traces of pinkishness at months 5 and 6. But that's me looking at my scalp from 2 inches away in the mirror.

You're in the Norwood 5 area. We're the same age, but I still had the strip of hair in the midscalp intact, so Konior put 2700 grafts in front and 1100 in the crown.

Essenstially, besides the graft placement, our surgeries were very, very similar. Same age, and almost same graft count. If you want the crown covered, you'll need another one...plus Rahal could do touch-up work to other areas from the first surgery.

As good as these doctors are, there is always room for improvement.

I hope you're at least on Propecia for hair stabilization. Rogaine wouldn't hurt either. :)

I'm definitely going back for the crown next year - I knew that going in. I'm on Rogaine and contemplating Propecia.

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

• 4 weeks later...