Dr. Rahal 3700 FUT

leftygolfer71

I figured I would start my official progress thread. I had 3700 grafts at the end of Oct with Dr. Rahal. The whole experience was great - except for the numbing shots wearing off...:)

I'm 44 and think I'm a 5A, but could be worse - thoughts?. Comments welcomed - now the waiting game. :-)

I'm planning on having a second procedure next year for the crown and more density as I think my density will be sparse.

I can't figure out how to attach more than one pic to thread...

IMG_9838_censored.jpg.05368c98f8c67cdb3785b922ecf7e59d.jpg

Are you having issues attaching multiple pics at once? I alerted the mods but they told me nothing was wrong.

Two week pics shows some nice clean lines.

BTW kinda jealous of your nicely sized round head. Allows you to shave down. I dont have that luxury :)

Are you having issues attaching multiple pics at once? I alerted the mods but they told me nothing was wrong.

Two week pics shows some nice clean lines.

BTW kinda jealous of your nicely sized round head. Allows you to shave down. I dont have that luxury :)

Yeah, maybe one of the Mods can consolidate them in the original post?

Thanks, but my head is nothing to be jealous of...:-)

Yeah, maybe one of the Mods can consolidate them in the original post?

Thanks, but my head is nothing to be jealous of...:-)

Maybe hit the mods w a message. I had the same issue as did others.

Ha I feel you... but your head does look very shaveable.

You will be a happy man in 6-8 months. Rahal brought me back from a NW 6 to a pretty decent head of hair now.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I figured I would start my official progress thread. I had 3700 grafts at the end of Oct with Dr. Rahal. The whole experience was great - except for the numbing shots wearing off...:)

I'm 44 and think I'm a 5A, but could be worse - thoughts?. Comments welcomed - now the waiting game. :-)

I'm planning on having a second procedure next year for the crown and more density as I think my density will be sparse.

I can't figure out how to attach more than one pic to thread...

Just curious if folks think I'm a 5A or 6 and how my donor area looks for future procedures?

I always get these wrong, but I'll give it a go!The recipient area appears to be larger than what is usually found on a traditional NW 5A. Even though you've lost all of your hair on top, you still have high sides and your crown has yet to open up in a NW6 pattern. I would say that you're a Norwood 5 (perhaps going on 6 in the future). Is your father's hair loss pattern similar to yours?

Best of luck!

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I'm surprized a top surgeon like Rahal wasn't able to estimate that. Hopefully Paleo doesn't see this

To his defense, I didn't really ask him much about my donor area.

I was told I have enough to do the crown.

The entire process was great and he and his staff were amazing - I'm so glad I chose to go with him. Paleo should have gone to Rahal...:)

I always get these wrong, but I'll give it a go!The recipient area appears to be larger than what is usually found on a traditional NW 5A. Even though you've lost all of your hair on top, you still have high sides and your crown has yet to open up in a NW6 pattern. I would say that you're a Norwood 5 (perhaps going on 6 in the future). Is your father's hair loss pattern similar to yours?

Best of luck!

Thanks for your input - I appreciate it.

Yes, my dad is in his 70's and is probably a NW6.

To his defense, I didn't really ask him much about my donor area.

I was told I have enough to do the crown.

The entire process was great and he and his staff were amazing - I'm so glad I chose to go with him. Paleo should have gone to Rahal...:)

I agree, the man is a top top class surgeon with results that speak for themselves, but I still think it is slightly concerning that he never discussed a long-term plan with you. I believe strongly that a surgeon that wants to be recommended by this site should at a minimum measure one's donor estimate lifetime grafts, and discuss a long-term plan with the patient. I'm sorry, its not a long-term plan if he hasn't evaluated the lifetime donor supply.

I agree, the man is a top top class surgeon with results that speak for themselves, but I still think it is slightly concerning that he never discussed a long-term plan with you. I believe strongly that a surgeon that wants to be recommended by this site should at a minimum measure one's donor estimate lifetime grafts, and discuss a long-term plan with the patient. I'm sorry, its not a long-term plan if he hasn't evaluated the lifetime donor supply.

We could go back and forth all night...

I really don't have a problem that he didn't give me my "lifetime" donor info. He gave me the info I needed for this procedure and the next one to accomplish my goals. I was impressed by the fact that we came about 100 grafts short of what I had paid for and he promptly reimbursed me after the procedure. I wonder how many Dr.s would do that??

I'm happy with the process thus far and will sit back and see how this comes out.

Edited by leftygolfer71

by the fact that we came about 100 grafts short of what I had paid for and he promptly reimbursed me after the procedure. I wonder how many Dr.s would do that??

Um, actually every single Dr that charges his fee based on the number of grafts will reimburse you for the amount of grafts that fall short. Most surgeons charge a fee per graft. Now if he had gone over the number of grafts and he never charged you for the extra ones - I've heard stories that Rahal won't charge you if the extra grafts aren't a large number.

Um, actually every single Dr that charges his fee based on the number of grafts will reimburse you for the amount of grafts that fall short. Most surgeons charge a fee per graft. Now if he had gone over the number of grafts and he never charged you for the extra ones - I've heard stories that Rahal won't charge you if the extra grafts aren't a large number.

Correct, one of the guys I was there with had more grafts than he paid for and wasn't charged.

How would one know if a Dr. said he's going to give you 3800 grafts and was only able to get you 3500? It's not like you're going to ask him to count them in front of you....

He could have easily said, "Yeah we got all 4000." And I would have never known the difference.

Correct, one of the guys I was there with had more grafts than he paid for and wasn't charged.

How would one know if a Dr. said he's going to give you 3800 grafts and was only able to get you 3500? It's not like you're going to ask him to count them in front of you....

He could have easily said, "Yeah we got all 4000." And I would have never known the difference.

I know at H&W they give you a clicking counter that you can count with the surgeon as he makes the incisions.

It could happen, and probably does, but the technitions would know, and if they turnover from the clinic, I'm sure some would come forward, so I highly doubt the practice is common .