1600 grafts dr. Lorenzo (by Johnny2000)

johnny2000

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great Johnny! Work looks clean and the pink is a good sign of healthy blood supply (from what I understand).....I think you are gonna be happy with your results this time.

Thx.

Hopefully in 6-8 Month i Can get my happines back and enjoy life more.

If This fails i Will buzz my head all the Way Down and move on with life.

But lorenzo Can create miracles, and my hair wansnt even that bad compared to Many of he's patients, so i only need a small miracle.

Lets hope i have been blessed ?

scrap that I used the search and found a pic. Your pattern not too far from me so will be watching this with even more interest.

Cool.

Yeah keep an eye out.

I am going to Update my thread once in a while for sure.

Its been 10 days since surgery and i have been out the Whole Day without a cap and enjoying my new hairline until the grafts sheds in a couple of weeks.

I tell you there is no eveidence of HT for ordinary people. I dont even Think people that have had a HT would notice anything if they were talking to me face 2 face now.

Really Quick healing

Remember to protect your head from UV rays though.

Did Lorenzo ever comment on that "yellow stuff"? Curious as I had the same issue. No one ever said it was bad but then again no one ever told me straight up what it really was.

Remember to protect your head from UV rays though.

Did Lorenzo ever comment on that "yellow stuff"? Curious as I had the same issue. No one ever said it was bad but then again no one ever told me straight up what it really was.

I still didnt get an answer from lorenzo, but the yellow stuff is gone anyway along with the scabs, so i dont know how importend it is?

Here is a picture Day 11 post op

image.jpg.ded86bad9b3bab9abb521fe5474d3f91.jpg

How do you guys Think the transplanted hairs and the native hairs Well blend in?

Because i Think it easy for me to see the difference Right now because the HT hairs seems darker, thicker, and spaced a little apart uf compared to the native hairs.

Will it look natural with both short buzz and grown out abit? Or Can you allways see the difference?

Here is a pic where you Can see the difference a bit more

image.jpg.8ed4e9c1e359064917ecfa843b6c16af.jpg

Looking great at eleven days johnny. As the hairs grow in and mature they should blend in perfectly with your native hair. Given Dr. Lorenzo's ability I'm confident this will be the case.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...

3,5 weeks post op.

I pray that i dont loose native hairs, but i suspect i might :(

I am still concernd about the difference there is between the native hairs and the HT hairs

If you look at the picture i Think the difference is Big. Even at This lenght (short)

In my head i had a backup plan, and that was to buzz my hair off, if This HT Also failed on me.

But maybe that is Also gonne be difficult because of the difference.

Has anyone buzzed their head after 1 year or so after a HT to see how it looked?

Does the HT hairs change in Any Way?

Right now they are just alot darker Any thicker than the normal hair.

And Also my concern is that they Will knock out the native hairs in the areas on the reciepted area.

image.jpg.ea39f588e763a424f66f459cdd6cb8b6.jpg

hi johnny,if i was you i wouldn't concetrate on the hairline so much,it looks like you're starting to thin on top,keep your donor for later on,you'll probably need it to cover top and crown.

Well yes i am thinning on top and a tiny bit on the crown but the crown has stayed the same since i started finasteride 5 years ago.

The thin spot on the top, dr lorenzo did Also put grafts in there as you Can see.

But my concern is that there is a Big difference from native hairs and HT hairs.

What i would like to know is that do the HT hairs become less thicker as time goes by?

Maybe it is because Many of Them has more than 1 hairs in it that it looks that thick?

Well yes i am thinning on top and a tiny bit on the crown but the crown has stayed the same since i started finasteride 5 years ago.

The thin spot on the top, dr lorenzo did Also put grafts in there as you Can see.

But my concern is that there is a Big difference from native hairs and HT hairs.

What i would like to know is that do the HT hairs become less thicker as time goes by?

Maybe it is because Many of Them has more than 1 hairs in it that it looks that thick?

so far for me the ht hairs are the same as the natives.

I hope my healing goes as well as yours Johnny, looks superb!

Thanks guys.

When do you Think the hair Will Shed?

Offcourse i have had some shedding of HT hairs along with scabs.

And some other hairs have shedded here and there.

But when Will i have shedded Them all?

It is now 1 Month post op and i still have a good amount of the HT hairs left in the scalp

Could i be so lucky that they Will stay?

Be careful that you're not "too careful". Those hairs meant to fall out will stick around and inhibit the new growth if you don't massage it well enough. I had alot lingering at 6 weeks, I shampooed a little more liberally and they started falling. Its obviously tough to part with the temporary new hairline ;)

Be careful that you're not "too careful". Those hairs meant to fall out will stick around and inhibit the new growth if you don't massage it well enough. I had alot lingering at 6 weeks, I shampooed a little more liberally and they started falling. Its obviously tough to part with the temporary new hairline ;)

Well i am kind of carefull.

I do NOT rub the shampoo in, i very gentle use some og the foam i created from the shampoo when washing my hair at the back and lightly dap the shampoo on the HT area.

Why should the hairs block for new growth? If the new hairs are growing Then that should mean they are "alive" Right?

I just cant handle the Shed at the moment i am praying Every Day in my head, that the hairs Will just stick around.

I totally get it. What you're feeling and experiencing is completely normal. Think about it, how counterintuitive it must feel in our minds to associate "hair loss or shed" with positive. We've all watched hair after hair hit the sink for years so of course this is a mindf**k at first.

But remember through the research you've presumably conducted and insight provided countless forum members, that "the shed" is healthy and normal and part of the process. A wound cannot heal before the skins closes--just as new hair cannot push through and blossom without the shed. Just keep reassuring yourself of these facts. Those hairs are destined only to be temporary, accept in rare cases when some hairs do stick around. The majority should and will go, as they should.

After the 14 day mark you can and should shampoo as you normally would.

I totally get it. What you're feeling and experiencing is completely normal. Think about it, how counterintuitive it must feel in our minds to associate "hair loss or shed" with positive. We've all watched hair after hair hit the sink for years so of course this is a mindf**k at first.

But remember through the research you've presumably conducted and insight provided countless forum members, that "the shed" is healthy and normal and part of the process. A wound cannot heal before the skins closes--just as new hair cannot push through and blossom without the shed. Just keep reassuring yourself of these facts. Those hairs are destined only to be temporary, accept in rare cases when some hairs do stick around. The majority should and will go, as they should.

After the 14 day mark you can and should shampoo as you normally would.

Well your Right about that.

I should proberbly wash normal and just accept the Shed.

We have an early Christmas party at work tommorow, after that i Will shampoo and massage my hair a bit Harder and see if the HT hairs Will Shed.

But what should i explain at work when i show up looking alot more thinned on top than i did a couple of days earlier ? ?

Well your Right about that.

I should proberbly wash normal and just accept the Shed.

We have an early Christmas party at work tommorow, after that i Will shampoo and massage my hair a bit Harder and see if the HT hairs Will Shed.

But what should i explain at work when i show up looking alot more thinned on top than i did a couple of days earlier �� ?

By more aggressive, just back to normal shampooing. You wont do any damage at this stage. If anything it'll help to assist get rid of whatever build-up or residue is lingering.

As for stories...dont you look close to way you did pre-op? You didnt have that many grafts juding by your pics Id think you look kinda similar given you're already shaved, no?

I'll have a similar situation on my hands once I return from travel and into the public.

I push my hair back, and my revised post-op hairline is now lower than before. Once my native grows back that we buzzed I can return to my pre-op look, but when new hair comes in, I'm not sure what I'll do, as the hairs will be very diff lengths.

By more aggressive, just back to normal shampooing. You wont do any damage at this stage. If anything it'll help to assist get rid of whatever build-up or residue is lingering.

As for stories...dont you look close to way you did pre-op? You didnt have that many grafts juding by your pics Id think you look kinda similar given you're already shaved, no?

I'll have a similar situation on my hands once I return from travel and into the public.

I push my hair back, and my revised post-op hairline is now lower than before. Once my native grows back that we buzzed I can return to my pre-op look, but when new hair comes in, I'm not sure what I'll do, as the hairs will be very diff lengths.

Yeah i do look kinda close to pre op.

But i Think some of my native hairs might have taken a hit.

Well lets see in a couple of days.

I had 1600 grafts so i guess its not that much, but its still abit.

How Many grafts do you need?