WARNING, if considering Dr Hakan Doganay, read this first

paleocapa89

cenkoa01

Please stop lying you shouldn't have been missed that Dr. Hakan doganay is left-handed Doctor hakan always sit to the left side while performing İmplantation with his assistance. and I mentioned that Dr Hakan did 65 percent implantation.. He had been started to the implantation by himself and he was sitting on your left side

Instead of calling me a liar, and stating that I am falsely accusing the clinic please provide counter arguments and reasons to defend your point.

By the way, here is a picture that you uploaded and Dr Doganay is standing on my right side, and the tech is standing on my left side. But as I said it doesn't really matter, cause I often had to switch and when I am laying on my stomach the sides change.

attachment.php?attachmentid=86209&d=1446646360

Anyway please answer me this question, this might interest the community as well: what kind of magnification do the techs use when they are handling, dissecting, and loading the grafts into the implanter pens. Because in the picture you uploaded it seems they aren't using anything.

attachment.php?attachmentid=86210&d=1446646379

cenkoa01

Instead of calling me a liar, and stating that I am falsely accusing the clinic please provide counter arguments and reasons to defend your point.

By the way, here is a picture that you uploaded and Dr Doganay is standing on my right side, and the tech is standing on my left side. But as I said it doesn't really matter, cause I often had to switch and when I am laying on my stomach the sides change.

attachment.php?attachmentid=86209&d=1446646360

Anyway please answer me this question, this might interest the community as well: what kind of magnification do the techs use when they are handling, dissecting, and loading the grafts into the implanter pens. Because in the picture you uploaded it seems they aren't using anything.

attachment.php?attachmentid=86210&d=1446646379

Paleo

Please don't ask questions that the questions not meaning at all.

I think you didn't see that doctor holding syringe in the picture.

Doctor performs local anesthesia while all grafts located in the fridge.

In the pictures technician waiting there for sport him such give tension to your skin to minimize pain and let needle work smoothly.

He started your right side is because he wanted to implanted as much as possible on your right side by himself...as mentioned in our website Dr Hakan do hair line by himself after that technician attempt the operation and they complete together and doc Hakan always sit left side. I hope this is clear for you.

I don't want to discuss with you via forum that I dont want to bothering forums memberso and moderators

I am open the answer all questions via email from

İnfo@hakandoganayfue.com

I am not medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice

I don't think you are bothering anybody. I am interested and I think it is a valid question whether the techs are using magnification when handling the fragile grafts.

Here is a youtube video of Dr Doganay performing an operation and it seems the techs are not using any kind of magnification when handling the grafts. I don't know whether that is considered normal in the industry or not.

This thread continues to go nowhere. Forum Mods need to take some control here. Gather the info, make an informed decision.

I agree. This is a joke now where we have Mr Sherlock Holmes investigating the youtube videos and pics.

Paleo,

Let me ask you a simple question. From reading your thread, this doctor seems to be horrible and don't have any happy patients. What made you go with him ??

This thread continues to go nowhere. Forum Mods need to take some control here. Gather the info, make an informed decision.

Sorry Esrec, although the tone is turning nasty, I disagree that this thread is going nowhere. Although it seems to be headed to a he said vs she said, there are still some relevent things boiling to the surface , I think we should let it play out.

So far I would tend to agree that Paleo is not taking on all the responsibility that he should for his lack of research initially. I messed up my first ever procedure as well because I trusted what was said to me during consultations, placed too much reliance what some posters were documenting on this forum (I looked for what I wanted to hear), and only started putting in the necessary research afterwards. I can and only do blame myself. At some point Paleo has to do the same, remember these clinics are also running businesses, so although ethics are important, I suspect Paleo was only listening to what he wanted to hear, or did not ask the questions that he should have at the time. Its very easy to blame the clinic rather than oneself, but at the end of the day, we are not always going to be given enough or the correct information, and the onus rests on us to try get that imformation needed to make an informed decision. I'm sorry Paleo, but you gotta take more accountability man, and it is still way too early to conclude the surgery was a failure. A few months agao you were crying that the redness would never go away, and look what happened? I appriciate what you have uncovered here, but you also need to start assuming more of the responsibility man. Yes, you may not have been as informed as may have liked, but it was still your own decision to go ahead with the procedure. Time to own it.

At the same time, I think Paleo does have some valid concerns regarding the surgery that was performed on him. Those were alot of grafts placed on such a small area, and I worry that it may have been too aggresive. I also scratch my head at the fact that any clinic would agree to perform a surgery on a 26 year old patient who declines to go on medication whilst advancing to a higher NW, and walks in with an unrealistic expectation regarding the initial hairline. I don't care if Paleo put a gun to Doganay's head, I think a clinic that wants to be recommended on this forum should really take more care in making sure that Paleo is more informed than he was before they agreeed to perform the surgery. Send the guy an e-mail strongly recommending/pleading that he goes on medication and makes sure is aware of the fact that his donor supply is limited and he needs to have a long-term plan. At least you then have more in writing, and then if Paleo still insists on the procedure, then go ahead.

Finally, the level of involvement by the technicions is alarming, especially if they make a third of the recipient site incisions.

Sorry Esrec, although the tone is turning nasty, I disagree that this thread is going nowhere. Although it seems to be headed to a he said vs she said, there are still some relevent things boiling to the surface , I think we should let it play out.

So far I would tend to agree that Paleo is not taking on all the responsibility that he should for his lack of research initially. I messed up my first ever procedure as well because I trusted what was said to me during consultations, placed too much reliance what some posters were documenting on this forum (I looked for what I wanted to hear), and only started putting in the necessary research afterwards. I can and only do blame myself. At some point Paleo has to do the same, remember these clinics are also running businesses, so although ethics are important, I suspect Paleo was only listening to what he wanted to hear, or did not ask the questions that he should have at the time. Its very easy to blame the clinic rather than oneself, but at the end of the day, we are not always going to be given enough or the correct information, and the onus rests on us to try get that imformation needed to make an informed decision. I'm sorry Paleo, but you gotta take more accountability man, and it is still way too early to conclude the surgery was a failure. A few months agao you were crying that the redness would never go away, and look what happened? I appriciate what you have uncovered here, but you also need to start assuming more of the responsibility man. Yes, you may not have been as informed as may have liked, but it was still your own decision to go ahead with the procedure. Time to own it.

At the same time, I think Paleo does have some valid concerns regarding the surgery that was performed on him. Those were alot of grafts placed on such a small area, and I worry that it may have been too aggresive. I also scratch my head at the fact that any clinic would agree to perform a surgery on a 26 year old patient who declines to go on medication whilst advancing to a higher NW, and walks in with an unrealistic expectation regarding the initial hairline. I don't care if Paleo put a gun to Doganay's head, I think a clinic that wants to be recommended on this forum should really take more care in making sure that Paleo is more informed than he was before they agreeed to perform the surgery. Send the guy an e-mail strongly recommending/pleading that he goes on medication and makes sure is aware of the fact that his donor supply is limited and he needs to have a long-term plan. At least you then have more in writing, and then if Paleo still insists on the procedure, then go ahead.

Finally, the level of involvement by the technicions is alarming, especially if they make a third of the recipient site incisions.

I should rephrase, that maybe have sounded insensitive---there's tremendous value in whats been shared across the 20+ pages of this thread. I think there's a good summary in here somewhere that we're maybe close to arriving at. No discounting what's come to light as a result of all the contributions.

I think there's two separate issues now:

How do we prepare patients to ask the right questions pre-op to ensure they do not feel this way in hindsight. (Maybe we put together a comprehensive Q&A drawn up by the group?)

vs

The credibility of this doctor moving forward based on the available evidence. Its dumbfounding that a doctor could potentially be so shortsighted--as if these cases would not eventually catch up to them. Would be nice to see a little accountability.

I should rephrase, that maybe have sounded insensitive---there's tremendous value in whats been shared across the 20+ pages of this thread. I think there's a good summary in here somewhere that we're maybe close to arriving at. No discounting what's come to light as a result of all the contributions.

I think there's two separate issues now:

How do we prepare patients to ask the right questions pre-op to ensure they do not feel this way in hindsight. (Maybe we put together a comprehensive Q&A drawn up by the group?)

vs

The credibility of this doctor moving forward based on the available evidence. Its dumbfounding that a doctor could potentially be so shortsighted--as if these cases would not eventually catch up to them. Would be nice to see a little accountability.

Spex has a list of questions as does "the person who shall not be named - you know the fellow who used to work for H&W and Rahal" on their respective websites.

Agree with your 2nd point

Cerrone,

That's a joke right? Intimidated? I'm not intimidated by anyone. I'm simply trying to get to the bottom of things and protect the overall patient community. I have simply asked the clinic to respond to the communities concerns and that's exactly what they are doing. I will thoroughly read their response and then go from there in the next day or so. But my motives are to ensure that our recommendations remain credible and that there are no quality control issues preventing this clinic from providing patients with the very best results. I don't see why you were anyone would have a problem with that?

That said, you are a member with 8 post under your belt. Calling me out when you don't seem to have any real idea of how this community works being barely contribute is highly suspect. If you are indeed genuine, I trust that you will see on my motives are simply to protect this community and patients.

Bill

OK wrong word lets say swayed instead , there was a golden opportunity to resolve this drama at the beginning of the thread when you first spoke to the clinic, you came back with which I thought was a mature agreeable plan and than you were swayed by the credibility of the forum posts. There was nothing wrong with stating to the clinic that standards might be slipping and ask Dr Doganay to increase his participation in the procedure and given them 3 months to turn things around. I think sometimes you’re better of making a decision, even the wrong one than not to make one at all.

Reading this thread you would think that Dr Doganay had murdered someone on his operating table, I had my OP with the doctor in 2013 was hoping to document it, just never got round to doing it.

Paleo’s complaint just doesn’t make any sense, why does the doctor have to tell you at 26 you’re going to lose hair in future - you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to work that one out.

My reason for being on this forum and this thread in particular is only to support a good doctor and clinic who provide a quality hair transplant at a affordable price.

Paleo said:

Thanks for sharing your story, but please allow me to be skeptical about your motives. You went through all the troubles to register, find my thread, read it through, find your pictures from 3 years ago upload them and share a story of how considerate, careful and conscious, Dr Doganay was with you.

I totally agree with you Paleo about TheDude07 's "testimony". And I don't buy for one second this motherhood and apple pie story about a caring doctor and a young lad:

There are obviously motives behind, provided it's not just mere spam from the clinic.

Come on people, wake up!

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181266-warning-if-considering-dr-hakan-doganay-read-first-22.html#post2451416

By the way, here's the screen snapshot concerning the corruption case revealed on the french forum. This corruption case was one of the numerous reasons that led to the banishment of Dr Doganay.

http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2013/05/07/130507125020367025.jpg

I was given this screen snapshot by the admin himself. Once again, I guess anyone can check by asking the admin of the french forum for confirmation.

Edited by William1

Thank you for posting this William

those, who don't speak French, just copy-paste the text to google translator:

greffe a antalya

Merci pour tes interventions par rapport au Dr Doganay

pour un temoignage complet sur le site avec une bonne pub je peux compter avoir quel tarif? car je t'avoue que voyager groupe ne me tente pas plus que ca et de toi a moi le plus cher n'est pas le prix du billet

En ravanche j'ai 1000 messages a mon actif sur le site et je suis assez ecoute car j'ai pas mal de gens qui m'envoient des MP reguliers pour me demander des avis sur certains docs.

Autant dire que si le doc me propose un prix canon je peux te dire que je lui ferai un tres bonne pub ainsi qu'a toi

merci pour ta proposition je vais en parler avec le Dr Doganay et voir avec lui quel prix on peut te fixer. le plus bas possible car il est installer dans un hopital prive et la moitie de ce qu'il gagne va directement a la clinique et sur l'autre moitie il paye ses infirmieres 10 ses charges son materiel etc si nous te proposons un prix c'est que c'est juste le prix des charges car un coup de pub

qu'en pense tu ?

des demain j'en parle avec lui en ligne

je comprend parfaitement Enzy que le doc ne peut pas perde de l'argent mais il faut plus le voir comme un investissement sur le futur je suis pret a signer un doc pour m'engager a faire une bonne pub pour lui, que je commence a faire d'ailleurs

je suis tres actif sur ce site. j'ai deja oriente pas mal forumeurs chez certains docs j'attends ton retour

ok 'j'en parle au doc comme convenu et je te tiens au courant sans soucis

Edited by paleocapa89

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181266-warning-if-considering-dr-hakan-doganay-read-first-22.html#post2451416

By the way, here's the screen snapshot concerning the corruption case revealed on the french forum. This corruption case was one of the numerous reasons that led to the banishment of Dr Doganay.

http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2013/05/07/130507125020367025.jpg

I was given this screen snapshot by the admin himself. Once again, I guess anyone can check by asking the admin of the french forum for confirmation.

Promising a good review or testimony in favour of a doctor who would perform an almost free HT ( except for the material used) can be indeed interpreted as corruption.

Giving a complete testimony in favour of Dr. Doganay and re-directing all possible patients to him even if you have 1000 postings on the forum is wrong. It is misleading to all future HT patients!

You can write good reviews about your own experience with a doctor whether people like it or not, but certainly not like this where you make it obvious and part of the deal for your free HT.

Darlinglocks: FUE 1524 Grafts with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Dr.%20Tejinder%20Bhatti/

Edited by darlinglocks

Are any patients due to see Dr Dogagnay soon? Any reconsidering?

I am one of the patients that saw Dr Hakan in April 30 of this year and let me tell you, if I had to do it all over again, I will go right back to him. This thread is beating a dead horse over and over again. Paleo here had a bad experience and is unhappy with the results. So he came here with his concerns. That is what the forum is for but when you go on reading the 27 pages of his thread, and him playing detective thread after thread, I don't think he would have been happy with any doctor. Unfortunately Dr Hakan was the one to pay the price for the OP's unstable mental state at the time and the present. I think the OP rushed into getting the HT since he was panicking and that happens to all of us but then to come back and say that it was the doctors fault for getting his surgery, that's just not fair. Doctor was paid to do the HT and that's what he did. This again, it may not be what Paleo likes to hear but I believe that this is the truth.

"and him playing detective thread after thread"

No one is playing here, dude. That's serious stuff. Do you get that?

And it's not about being unhappy as It's not a subjective matter, but an objective one.

Ok "dude" I know it is a serious "stuff" since I went through it myself. But since it is a serious "stuff" don't you think it should have been researched prior to going for the surgery and not after ??

Edited by Turner

Your question already has its answer in paleocapa89's initial testimony, in a crystal clear english:

paleocapa89 said:

- I arrived to Dr Hakan Doganay with a receding hairline and he merely looked at my head and did not evaluate my hair loss and miniaturization at all. If he did, it would had become clear that I not only have a receding hairline but a full, advanced norwood 5A-6 balding pattern. If I was told that, I would never had went through with the procedure. I clearly articulated before the procedure that I do not want to take propecia due to sides. We talked about potential future hair loss given my family history, but I was not informed that I am already way down the road. ( I became aware of my hairloss situation when my hair started to grow back postop)

Your question already has its answer in paleocapa89's initial testimony, in a crystal clear english:

paleocapa89 said:

Thank you for pointing me to that thread in crystal clear english but since that thread makes it obvious that Paleo saw all these red flags about the doctor and since the doctor was very poor on evaluating him, why did he go through on having the procedure with this particular doctor ?? If you look at the recommendation list of the doctors above, Doctor Hakan is not the only one. There is plenty of other doctors. Right ??

I don't fault him for never touching propecia. not at his age. the o/p made a mistake by going forward with a ht but that's over with now. Dr. D messed up on his case. he should give a refund in a yr if the growth is bad and just be done with it.

Bad Experiences happen and I feel bad for paleo. a ht is supposed to be a happy time of excitement. not of misery.

if you feel the need to warn people more of what happened that's your right and I am sure you may helped someone already with your warning so thanks for that.

Thank you for pointing me to that thread in crystal clear english but since that thread makes it obvious that Paleo saw all these red flags about the doctor and since the doctor was very poor on evaluating him, why did he go through on having the procedure with this particular doctor ?? If you look at the recommendation list of the doctors above, Doctor Hakan is not the only one. There is plenty of other doctors. Right ??

If you admit that his testimony is in crystal clear english, why do you persist in pretending you don't understand it?

What does his age have to do with not touching Propecia?

To expect a refund if the growth is poor seems pretty optimistic after the way he's approached it here i.e. full on attack.

the o/p is in his early twenties with no kids. Possibility of permanent damage to endocrine system. I have a best friend that took propecia in his late twenties, he was a good looking guy and picked up a lot of girls but couldn't get a hardon on propecia without the use of Viagra. after a few years on propecia the Viagra lost effectiveness and even taking 3 Viagra at a time would only give him an erection for a few minutes. he's off propecia now for 5 yrs and still needs Viagra and has 0 sperm count.

you are playing with fire with that drug. if I was in my 60s with no sex drive already I would maybe take it. or if I was an actor and I needed my hair to get work.

• Like 1

I don't know, everything has it's risks. The trauma of losing his hair in a few years with a fake island of hair at the front may be enough to make him wish he'd risked a few boner issues. I have to admit since taking Avodart over the past 4 months my old chap has been slouching a little compared to its former glories (TMI perhaps, haha). I'm hoping Propecia will be less impactful on the downstairs department when I switch to it in a couple of months. I'm not about to give up the hair medication though, nooo way.

I see a lot of people questioning me, and telling me I should have been aware of my own hairloss. I think many people spent so much time on these forums and researching HT-s that they forgot what it is like to be simply just young, uneducated, confused and depressed about hairloss.

I just want to show you my preop picture that I sent to Dr Doganay before the procedure. I Some of you may say that I clearly had thin hair, but I always had thin hair and I wasn't aware how bad the situation is. Whether you believe me or not. Notice that I am even standing under light.

I truly believe that when you visit a professional who makes a living out of treating hair, it should be their responsibility to carefully assess and inform every patient. It is not evident for everybody that they are indeed way down the road.

5500c81a150a1-IMG_0059.jpg