FUE Live Consultation with Dr Koray Erdogan - 5000 grafts is it too much

AW

Hi CJT,

Apologies if my post came off wong, I didn't mean to offend. You make valid points and I respect the information and view point you share. .

You mention Dr Erdogan cut contact with you. The feedback on a few other threads is that Asmed contact diminishes post-op...most worryingly when results fall short of expectations.

But you are pre HT, so to ignore you would be to ignore a potential patient/sale - are you able to share why you feel Erdogen cut contact? E.g. what was the nature of the conversation that he would choose to walk away instead of butter you up to proceed?

Ersko

Hi CJT,

Apologies if my post came off wong, I didn't mean to offend. You make valid points and I respect the information and view point you share. .

You mention Dr Erdogan cut contact with you. The feedback on a few other threads is that Asmed contact diminishes post-op...most worryingly when results fall short of expectations.

But you are pre HT, so to ignore you would be to ignore a potential patient/sale - are you able to share why you feel Erdogen cut contact? E.g. what was the nature of the conversation that he would choose to walk away instead of butter you up to proceed?

Ersko

Thanks..no worries. I can't continue to reply, but I will answer you briefly. My post was simply informative in nature. I am not here to debate with anyone or change minds. I can only provide information as I have also done by giving good, general advice in other threads. Only you can make your decision and live with it.

I have already stated that I will be making a thread at some point that documents my experience in detail with many communications. It is too difficult to elaborate partially in one place and then partially in another. Doesn't the fact that I addressed him in this thread say anything to you ? People should be aware there are many people who have had bad experiences/results with Erdogan on this site. Maybe more will come forward in the future to reflect the honest and informative platform this site claims to exist upon but seems to often fall short of.

It seems you have been told similar things by other people already. Hopefully , you will not find out first hand. I wish you best of luck though !

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No its doesnt end..

I wanted to share with all of you that yesterday i had a live consultation with Dr. FERIDUNI in Belgium..i have to say he is such a great professional in his approach; the way he draws the hairline, measures the donor capacity, and determine the units needed..all based on pure math and done thru advanced tools..i felt i was sitting with a hair engineer and that gave me lot of comfort..but not only so he also seemed to be a true human...listens well to questions, giving answers elaborating etc..and always carrying a smile on his face..

Now the question that you all should be having in mind is what did he quote me; well he quoted 3,200 grafts to reconstruct the hairline bringing it slightly down while filling the crown areas..also dense packin the middle area and the vertex..this is far more comforting than the 5000 i was quoted before in Istanbul..

This said I have taken my decision to go ahead with Dr Feriduni in June and i do hope the results would turn to be as satisfying as the consultation had been..

Cheers to all

Great choice in Feriduni.

I consulted with him also and he is Super passionate about his work and was a really nice guy to boot.

The 5,000 graft estimate from Erdogan was way to much in my opinion.

That being said, I was surprised that Dr Feriduni gave you such a high number also. Maybe your pics don't really show all your loss very well.

I am more receded than you and he told me between 1,300 and 1,800 grafts.

Anyways, I would trust Dr Feriduni and congrats on your upcoming procedure.

No its doesnt end..

I wanted to share with all of you that yesterday i had a live consultation with Dr. FERIDUNI in Belgium..i have to say he is such a great professional in his approach; the way he draws the hairline, measures the donor capacity, and determine the units needed..all based on pure math and done thru advanced tools..i felt i was sitting with a hair engineer and that gave me lot of comfort..but not only so he also seemed to be a true human...listens well to questions, giving answers elaborating etc..and always carrying a smile on his face..

Now the question that you all should be having in mind is what did he quote me; well he quoted 3,200 grafts to reconstruct the hairline bringing it slightly down while filling the crown areas..also dense packin the middle area and the vertex..this is far more comforting than the 5000 i was quoted before in Istanbul..

This said I have taken my decision to go ahead with Dr Feriduni in June and i do hope the results would turn to be as satisfying as the consultation had been..

Cheers to all

How long did you have to wait to do the in-person consultation? I though the waitlist for that was a year long? Also, how did you get June when his waitlist for booking apts is also a year long?

No its doesnt end..

Cheers to all

With the area that you have to cover, the difference between 3200 and 5000 really isn't THAT significant. Each Dr. has their own approach, but what I'd submit to you is, the extra 1800 grafts could be the difference between forgetting hair loss and moving on with your life vs still worrying about hair in certain settings/situations. Dr. Erdogan has a great track record with publishing more results than just about anyone. Most of the time the complainers are the ones to voice their opinion more than anyone else and you'd be pretty hard pressed to find more than a couple unhappy patients.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

5000 grafts for this is a joke. To be honest I feel like my 3000 was excessive compared to pretty much every other transplant I've seen from various doctors. if you saw me now at 5 months you'd be wondering where all the grafts went, cos half of them haven't made a reappearance yet. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, kw877 said:

5000 grafts for this is a joke. To be honest I feel like my 3000 was excessive compared to pretty much every other transplant I've seen from various doctors. if you saw me now at 5 months you'd be wondering where all the grafts went, cos half of them haven't made a reappearance yet. 

That's to be expected at 5 months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/2/2019 at 8:29 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

That's to be expected at 5 months.

Can I expect a lot more new sprouts to fill in the huge gaps and spaces between each hair after 5 months? Haven’t seen any new growth for the last 2 months or so. 

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, kw877 said:

Can I expect a lot more new sprouts to fill in the huge gaps and spaces between each hair after 5 months? Haven’t seen any new growth for the last 2 months or so. 

Absolutely, 5 months is barely the beginning. You got 7 months left, be patient.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.