My FUE Journey, Dr. Rahal

Greetings all,

I have started this thread to cover the FUE journey that I will take. I plan to use the skillful hands of Dr. Rahal in Ottawa, Ontario.

Current Status:

-->Completed a 15 minute phone consultation and sent in my current hair loss photos to Christie Barr of Dr. Rahal's clinic

-->Awaiting my in-person consultation with my patient adviser: Chad Cooper

-->Was told that the wait list is currently 4 - 5 months with a possibility of a sooner appointment if there is a cancellation

-->Plan to get the surgery before August 2015 or in December 2015

Background Information:

-->28 Years old

-->Lost most of my hair between 19 - 23 (two inches on the temples, half an inch in the front)

-->Initial consultation with the Seager Hair Transplant clinic: at 22, he said to wait 5 - 6 years for my hair loss to stabilize

-->Responded very well to propecia; stopped hair loss immediately

-->Responded very well to Xandrox15; grew back approximately 10% of my lost hair

-->Have not taken any medication for about 4 years and my hairless has stabilized

-->Pretty much had the same hairline for 5 years now

-->My Hair is VERY thick; require a hair cut every month and the barber always uses thinning sheers

-->No sign of hair thinning at crown

I will keep everyone posted on things such as: the number of grafts recommended, the waitlist for surgery, the deposit amount, the total quoted, etc... However, I will respect any non-disclosure agreements I make with the clinic about things such as price.

Cheers,

Future Ambulance Chaser

5b32e5db1b579_topMay2015.jpg.4d9ce69706c09f868635c0c1d6c2b1f0.jpg

5b32e5db28af0_frontMay2015.jpg.90478acc29545b1f53850012744a4704.jpg

5b32e5db41656_backMay2015.jpg.4f8ef5d19b3f5621c1180603b0f09866.jpg

5b32e5db4f13a_leftsideMay2015.jpg.2a86a8d44c3694c33107d84e05421d41.jpg

5b32e5db66857_rightsideMay2015.jpg.ab053f8f045b27767894472a0eae001c.jpg

5b32e5db8f86e_pulledbackhairMay2015.jpg.754d254f3241afbc34b4a8f9f41da77b.jpg

Edited by Ambulance1Chaser

Chaser,

Thanks for sharing. It looks like you're a good FUE candidate. Look forward to updates. Let me know if you need anything!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Honestly, I just don't see a lot of hair loss from the pics you provided. Looks like your hairline might be receding a little bit but it could just be your mature hairline. I would wait as long as you can to get an HT. Just doesn't seem like a great idea right now.

I must agree with "BadBeat". I wish I had the much hair a few years ago. But....good luck with the FUE.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Honestly, I just don't see a lot of hair loss from the pics you provided. Looks like your hairline might be receding a little bit but it could just be your mature hairline. I would wait as long as you can to get an HT. Just doesn't seem like a great idea right now.

Agreed no HT needed at the moment. It's a big deal so think about it carefully. Your hair looks great as is.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I have to agree with multitude of other comments, nothing better than natural hairline, would definetly die for your hairline and hairs, no need for un-necessary transplant procedure, I would say wait for 5-10 years bro, why waste money when u have head full of hair!?.

My Thread: 

I see no baldness. If your looking to improve your looks, hit the gym. Whiten your teeth. Buy so snazzy clothes. Anything would be more helpful that a transplant on you. You're not going bald and a ht won't do anything positive for you. Thats what a normal nonbalding male heal looks like.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Wow. I can honestly say that these posts boosted my self esteem more than anything that Dr. Rahal could have done. I have decided not to go through with the surgery based on all the comments I read from you guys.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you all for the kind comments:).

your hair looks great. look at your density as is, it looks better than some that have had surgery already. your hair is framing your face well as is. some folks seem they dont even have such framing even after surgery. so you are really ahead of the game. you do not have to worry about surgery at his point. :)