how natural is a ht?

I saw someone writing my hairdress asked me if I had an hair transplant

what (honestly) can you achieve with a hair transplant?

Because I'm reading a lot of forum and someone is posting story about pitting so small holes around hair.. someone is saying is not good to have a buzz cut with hair transplant becuase the density the colour and the size...

did someone ask you if you had hair transplan?

can normal people detect if you did hair transplant?

Edited by lessthanme

Less,

I think you misinterpreted Sean. Hair transplants, like any cosmetic procedure, can be noticeable if performed improperly. As far as any "unnatural" appearance of the grafts, however, this is not an issue. Today's hair transplant utilize "follicular unit grafting;" this is a fancy way of saying that the follicles are extracted and implanted in a manner identical to the way they grow naturally in the scalp. What can appear "unnatural" would be a poor design or abnormally poor yield (growth). The chances of both these, in my opinion, can be greatly reduced by seeing a trusted hair transplant surgeon.

Hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

did someone ask you if you had hair transplan?

can normal people detect if you did hair transplant?

yes they have and yes people can detect them

so people can detect and ask if you had hair transplant so they are not natural...

honestly i saw pitting problems, if you have a buzz it is so far worse for example they don't match the colour the size the density . I don't know....

Edited by lessthanme

Less,

Again, "pitting" would be a complication of a bad surgery. This is definitely not the norm. Pitting usually occurs when either incisions are made too deep and/or grafts are placed too deep. An experienced clinic won't do this.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

a guy in another board who had fue with Koray said his hairdress saw holes around the hair and ask if he had hair transplant.

I saw another reputable clinic with a case of pitting...

only the most expensive ones are reputable? I'm not working so...

Feriduni Rahal... Fue...

Edited by lessthanme

Less,

No, expense doesn't automatically equate with quality - in my opinion. In fact, Dr. Erdogan, who you mentioned, is very reasonable. Why don't you review some of his results and ask whether or not you would be able to tell?

I agree, they can be undetectable if done by a good surgeon and they can be detected if not.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The major give away for me is the hair loss pattern. A lot of people have around 3000 grafts placed in the frontal area (to frame the face), and leave the mid scalp and crown completely naked. This is an unnatural pattern and I can spot it from a mile away.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

so i need to choose someone suggested here, is that right?

what do you suggest for a dense pack fue and not so much expensive?

yeah when you get older it is easy to spot a ht because they don't have hair placed in the crown and in the mid.... sometimes the nature is like that there are people who don't have hair in the crown

i need more opinions... someone ask you if you had ht?

so i need to choose someone suggested here, is that right?

what do you suggest for a dense pack fue and not so much expensive?

yeah when you get older it is easy to spot a ht because they don't have hair placed in the crown and in the mid.... sometimes the nature is like that there are people who don't have hair in the crown

i need more opinions... someone ask you if you had ht?

There are always exceptions and some people do thin naturally in the crown while maintaining a NW 2 hairline, however, this is very rare. I think hair restoration is at a point where it should look 100% natural. Unfortunately, most people just don't have enough density in their donor area to treat a thinning crown at a high density. But some patients do.

I am very selective about who I would choose to operate on my head. I advise you to consult with at least 3 doctors in person. In my opinion, you need to find a doctor who is ethical, artistic (hairline design) and extremely skilled. Price should be the last thing on your mind! For FUE, I like Dr. Mwamba, Dr. Bisanga, and Dr Lorenzo. The choice is of course yours, but all doctors are not at the same level.

Finally, I wouldn't worry about naturalness. If you choose an excellent doctor, this should be a non-issue. Most people would never be able to notice anything.

What is your NW level? How old are you?

Cheers!

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Detectability in recipient area and n the donor area for me is entirely down to the length and style of the hair.. Further more, grey hair is helping me, although I have brown temples and grey sides die to tje temples being filled with hair from the area destined to grey layer.

No one has ever asked me if I have any work done. Mine is completely natural and realistic.

Of course, I TELL everyone who'll listen...

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I was a NW 6 and have had had 8000 grafts. Nobody has ever called me out on my transplant. It is totally undetectable.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I don't know if it is a wig because he was almost bald aside the crown... he looks good but it is a strange style i dunno if he has big ears because his hair looks too long near the ears

could someone reply to my questions?

I have seen many very natural results and some very obvious transplants over the years from a number of Doctors. The skill of the Doctor makes a huge difference as to the naturalness of the result. My advice would be to meet some patients in person. Either contact people directly on forums like this that have had surgery with the Doctors that you are interested or contact the clinic and ask if they have patients that you can meet in person.

Asking what people think is not really going to help you need to see with your own eyes. Try to if possible meet someone with similar hair characteristics/level of loss such as you.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

sure but the most important clinic are in Belgium and Turkey in Europe... I can't travell all around the world to meet people...

so it is very difficult to find people

the best option is to listen what people think about their result ...

and most important you don't know the other technicians even if you know the doctor...

Contact those clinics that you are interested in and ask them if they have any Italian patients living near you. You might have to travel to see someone but I am not suggesting you travel the world. You need to see a few examples in person.

The next best thing is to listen to what people think about their result you are correct but what one person thinks is natural is different to another. What someone would be happy with might not be what you would be happy with.

You should seek out a Doctor that you are comfortable with and who has a track record for consistent results. Every clinic and Doctor will have an unhappy patient so there is an element of risk involved with every surgery but the better the track record the less the risk of course.

You cannot know who the technicians are so you should ask the questions of what part of the surgery will the Doctor perform if the techs doing more of the work is a concern for you.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Aside from the awful pluggy looking transplants of the recent past, I think it's pretty hard nowadays for a HT from any decent doctor to really be obvious mainly because most people know little to nothing about HTs. There are a lot of weird balding patterns out there, so what you may think is an obvious tell of a HT most people might not think much of. And sure a big FUT scar may stand out and look "weird" but I bet most people wouldn't know what to think and would assume some type of accident.

I think the most obvious give away though is when the hairline is done too perfectly. As in the hair line itself follows a line that is too uniform/consistent, and yet the density is relatively low, giving it a synthetic look. It's like if you saw a group of cattle scattered amongst each other grazing in a field. You'd think nothing of it. It's a herd of cattle. So what. But if the same cattle were all grazing together in perfectly organized rows/columns you'd think, "... Wtf?"