Dr. Wong, 3904 grafts

Hello,

I had my second HT procedure performed at H&W about two weeks ago. Attached are photos of pre-op, the day of surgery and two weeks post-op. I still have a few lingering crusts, but I expect those to come off in the shower in the next few days, and otherwise my scalp is back to normal with a slight pink color. I'm getting ready to move soon and am going to be fairly busy, but I hope to provide another update on my results in a few months.

HT#1: 2006

Clinic: Medical Hair Restoration, Dr. Niedbalski

Grafts: 1700

HT#2: 2014

Clinic: Hasson and Wong, Dr. Wong

Grafts: 3904

HT#2 Breakdown:

3904 follicular units transplanted

1657 singles

2105 doubles

142 threes and fours

The whole experience with H&W was far superior to MHR and I am very glad that leading up to my second HT I conducted my research on message websites such as this one.

5b32e02af107d_pre-op3(clinic).jpg.d72ea87295ceba837c45bc26bb4827b8.jpg

DSCF7498.jpg.2778592618db6d521d29f4a47bd704a2.jpg

5b32e02b262d6_day14.jpg.d04d45d2ef220c008aa09971c893fa3b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the encouragement voxman. As for the photos previously posted, the before picture was taken at the clinic just prior to ht#2, 8 weeks ago.

So here I am at week 8, and almost two months post-op. My growth has been proceeding as expected, with the new grafts shedding at the one-month mark. As you can see from my week 8 picture, my appearance is now about the same as my pre-op one. This ugly duckling phase is hopefully almost at an end.

I have noticed some early growth just behind the hairline, which looks like little hair stubble. It's still so short that it is not apparent unless you get extremely close, so I'm hopeful that this is the beginning of a good growth month. I'll be back in another 4 weeks to share more progress photos.

image.jpg.10a7f0738be1aedb1266dcd025300ecc.jpg

• 1 month later...

It's been three months and the little hairs are beginning to fill in the barren areas in my temples. Still a few "J" hairs showing up, and a few pimples here and there, but overall progress appears good. Next month I imagine the biggest change will be seen, but so far so good.

image.jpg.54c1c19cdb821203a41d0086ee04dd4f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the encouragement Spanker, I'm pleased with the result so far and this month has been great, though im not posting more pics until November.

As to any products or behavior to increase growth, here's what I do:

Saw Palmetto 320mg; B-Complex; Zinc 30mg

Additionally I give my scalp a 3-5 minute massage for circulation/relaxation in the shower each morning and try to get 8 hours of sleep a night.

• 3 weeks later...

image.jpg.3e3d7a26070281178bd5fd0be75d4843.jpgMonth four has shown great progress as my temples continue to thicken and fill in. I've even tried combing it back once or twice and it didn't look too bad. However I'm going to wait a few more months before I change my hairstyle. Very pleased with the result thus far.

[ATTACH]69449[/ATTACH]Month four has shown great progress as my temples continue to thicken and fill in. I've even tried combing it back once or twice and it didn't look too bad. However I'm going to wait a few more months before I change my hairstyle. Very pleased with the result thus far.

That is outstanding for 4 months! You should be doing jumping jacks of joy!

Question for you - do you feel you lost the 1700 graft from ht#1? If so, why? I am curious why you may not have retained the transplanted grafts/hairs from that procedure?

Turtle you look great for 4 months that is some really early growth you have. Thanks for posting.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Getting into the holiday season which is a busy time so I don't expect to update again until January at the 6 month mark. Thank you all for your kind comments. I am definitely feeling much more pleased about my results from Dr. Wong compared to my experience in 2006.

To answer the question about my original 1700 grafts from 2006, my opinion is that the doctor could have done a better job if he had incorporated some of H&W's best practices, such as shaving the recipient area, using a carefully crafted blade to create the anchor cites (rather than a punch hole device), carefully dissecting the grafts into 'ultra-fine' grafts to avoid a 'doll hair' look, and providing detailed pre and post care guidance.

I feel that the procedure from 2006 was almost a wash, where only I only benefited from about 500 increased grafts since I feel that many of my natural hairs were killed in the process. In contrast, with the H&W procedure I can already see a dramatic improvement far above the results from the 2006 clinic.

Here is my most recent picture. I'll update the thread again in January.

image.jpg.63154937b9bab5c668a3c2c9d1aac125.jpg

Another great job by Dr. Wong!

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

• 3 weeks later...