new hair, new confidence, new girls

Last week, walking around the airport, to find my terminal for my flight from SFO to LAX.. my eyes naturally gaze towards beautiful women. I *don't see* mediocre women anymore.

Midweek, in court, I make eye contact with the classy, good looking DA lady. She seems to like my confidence.

This is a new me.. before, I wouldn't make eye contact with women-- was too shy. You don't know the value of hair until you lose it.. but once you can get it back, then you appreciate it.

I have finally become active in dating and bought a hot ride.

To any one considering a hair transplant.. don't delay... all my relatives tell me it was the best investment I ever made. You can't put a price on confidence.. and you shouldn't waste your youth.

Here's a quote I found: "Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, never mind. You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked."

Anyway, with my hair back... I'm back into the dating world and trying to make up for lost time! Wish me luck! (before addressing my hair issues I was a hermit sitting in my room behind a computer the whole time)

-Paulygon

IMG_0985.jpg.a0e591ca0b5536b37cfa67dc28067f66.jpg

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

How in the wrold did you achive that result with 2700 grafts? I have to assume meds were involved. I mean your crown is now totally filled in and thick. What am I missing?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Last week, walking around the airport, to find my terminal for my flight from SFO to LAX.. my eyes naturally gaze towards beautiful women. I *don't see* mediocre women anymore.

Midweek, in court, I make eye contact with the classy, good looking DA lady. She seems to like my confidence.

This is a new me.. before, I wouldn't make eye contact with women-- was too shy. You don't know the value of hair until you lose it.. but once you can get it back, then you appreciate it.

I have finally become active in dating and bought a hot ride.

To any one considering a hair transplant.. don't delay... all my relatives tell me it was the best investment I ever made. You can't put a price on confidence.. and you shouldn't waste your youth.

Here's a quote I found: "Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, never mind. You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked."

Anyway, with my hair back... I'm back into the dating world and trying to make up for lost time! Wish me luck! (before addressing my hair issues I was a hermit sitting in my room behind a computer the whole time)

-Paulygon

dude,you're bullshitting us,you can't get coverage like that on 2700 grafts,without some other form of help.

Meds WERE also involved-- just look at my signature line before you accuse me of bullshitting you.. sorry if I "overshared" by posting a picture.

My regimen includes:

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Meds WERE also involved-- just look at my signature line before you accuse me of bullshitting you.. sorry if I "overshared" by posting a picture.

no problem just tell the full story,because you got incredible coverage for 2700 grafts,I got 4000 grafts and i could just pray for a result like yours.

I'm clearly missing something here... he only posted one picture where you can't really see much. How does anyone know what he looked like before? Is there another thread he posted in or something? He doesn't seem to have a picture album.

You can check out My Hair Restoration Journal and the my pictures to at different stages Before / After Hair Restoration surgery (fyi- meds started around same time as transplant)

Hair Restoration Journal for Paulygon - Surgery Day (Pre/Post OP)

My regimen includes:

Thanks, but how did you wind up with hair in the large bald spot where hair was not even transplanted? The rest of your result looks good and mostly makes sense, with one caveat - the density on the section of your crown where hair was transplanted looks too thick to be real... in general I would say achieving that type of density from a transplant is impossible, and with only 2700 grafts (is this right?) I don't see how. Maybe it's just the lighting/angle.

At the very least you must be using concealer, what's the deal?

crown got filled because of meds...

hair in front appears thick due to hair economics formula that the doc uses in to give the illusion of density - you can read about that "formula" specifically on my blog post that Dr Mohebi answered:

How to budget hair in hair transplantation – Hair Economy ->

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss Patient Blogs

I did not use concealer on that pic-- but I do think that my donor hair was high quality and perhaps lighting, hair style and other factors give the appearance of good density... however, I most social occasions, I do use Toppik (just not in the clinical pics I uploaded on my blog... however, in the "social" pic with the girl, maybe I do have Toppik, I don't remember)

My regimen includes:

It just doesn't makes sense, the doctor didn't transplant a single graft on your crown area, and now it looks full with hair. I have never heard of medicine working in such a big extent either. Hopefully Dr Charles or any other doctor can give us his thought on this case

I remember following yr case, I think at the time you got ht of the week if I can recall correctly. Regardless of what people have said above, you got a great result that had a great lift in every aspect of yr life.

Great result, and I'm always happy to read a positive change for the good, in someone's life .

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Paulygon you must be thrilled with these results, that's a pretty big transformation! I'm also really happy that you've had such a personal, positive change. I still get these waves of anxiety every few weeks about my hair loss, does this happen to you still?

Congratulations again.

There are only two reasons I do not believe this result

1 2700 grafts do not produce that density going from a NW5 heading to NW6

2 Meds do not regrow an entire crown

There is a reason we all smell a rat here.

way before my hairtransplant procedure, I spoke with my personal doctor about hair loss. He started me on finasteride. He was probably a norwood 6 and was taking finasteride for his prostate I believe. The hair that grew back on his crown was nothing less than impressive just from the finasteride he states. He wasn't even concerned about his hair loss, it just started growing and was impressed because he wasn't even trying to fix his hair loss problem.

I also spoke with a reputable doctor on this forum and told him what my personal doctor stated that it grew hair back on his crown, and he said he had never heard of that. He said it just maintains your current hair. He didn't believe me in other words.

I've met Paulygon and his hair does look really good. You guys need to think about this a bit. Of course his hair is not super dense. The math doesn't ad up but he has really good hair characteristics, a bit more coarse than average and with a nice wave to it along with the right length and a low hair to scalp color contrast. I've seen Propecia results like his as well. It's rare but not unheard of. Everything came together for Paulygon to create the perfect storm.

Paulygon, congrats on the confidence and the happiness it's brought you. That female is a nice bit of eye candy to acknowledge your transformation. I've been there man, I understand.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

to BeardedOne---

I actually DO get anxiety quite often- in the form of nightmares (that my hair is still falling out - at an accelerated rate)! (well, because, I'm pretty sure my hair IS STILL falling out-- I'm on the meds and with the surgical procedure somehow got my hair restored but I don't know if nature will catch up with me-- As Jotronic mentioned "Everything came together for Paulygon to create the perfect storm." So I don't know if its just a matter of time before that "perfect storm" goes away, and things go back to the way they were in 2012.. the nightmares are pretty bad and also seem to come every few weeks..

I wake up after the nightmare and then look in the mirror astonished that I actually do have a full head of hair.

in a way those bad dreams motivate me to have an active dating life because they make me feel like time is running out... but still I wish I didn't have to deal with that horrible anxiety..

(this is an important topic that I may need to create a new thread about).

btw, Jotronic, great analysis.. you're right about my hair characteristics - my hair is coarse and has a good "waviness" about it, which seems masks the "empty" areas.

I also get pretty expensive haircuts ($45) make sure my hair stylist cuts my hair to strategic lengths- she has been doing a good job.

I'm still impressed by your hair from when I saw it-- do you get anxiety as well?

I've also been doing the Rogaine in the crown-- and from what I've heard, that is only effective for ~7 years.. maybe that's part of the cause for my anxiety.

Paulygon you must be thrilled with these results, that's a pretty big transformation! I'm also really happy that you've had such a personal, positive change. I still get these waves of anxiety every few weeks about my hair loss, does this happen to you still?

Congratulations again.

My regimen includes:

The girl is fiiiiiiiiiiine. Congrats, hair is great too. I would not get too much anxiety. Propecia and Rogaine don't magically stop working as you get older, they are for life, propecia has been demonstrated to maintain hair for at least 10 yrs, and androgen levels drop as you get older.....

to BeardedOne---

I actually DO get anxiety quite often- in the form of nightmares (that my hair is still falling out - at an accelerated rate)! (well, because, I'm pretty sure my hair IS STILL falling out-- I'm on the meds and with the surgical procedure somehow got my hair restored but I don't know if nature will catch up with me

I think anyone with a decent about of native left, either through meds or not experiences this. While, I do not have nightmares, I still feel pressure from it. Luckily it is holding steady for now and I try to live for today and not worry too much about 10 years from now when there is nothing more I can do about it.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks guys, for the support regarding anxiety.. this is something I definitely need to deal with and be more comfortable with. Good to know the 10 yr rule of thumb

Regarding lifestyle changes after a good hair transplant, have you guys watched this Bald Truth interview w/ Jotronic? I thought it was one of the most excellent Bald truth shows to date & I recommend it to anyone who has recently had a hair transplant or is considering getting one:

(link removed by moderator - see Terms of Service)

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

My regimen includes:

I wouldn't worry too much about finasteride or minoxidil losing its effectiveness 10 years from now, because I think there's a good possibility that 10 years from now we may have a couple of new FDA approved hair loss drugs that are stronger than finasteride and minoxidil. It's not a given, but there's a high possibility. CB-03-01, if the right vehicle is found for it, looks promising. CB is only an experimental drug right now, but I think we'll get closer to bringing it out to market soon. There's also Latisse, it is supposedly stronger than minoxidil but it is not readily available as a hair loss treatment, i'm sure 10 years from now it will be.