new hair, new confidence, new girls

I wouldn't worry too much about finasteride or minoxidil losing its effectiveness 10 years from now, because I think there's a good possibility that 10 years from now we may have a couple of new FDA approved hair loss drugs that are stronger than finasteride and minoxidil. It's not a given, but there's a high possibility. CB-03-01, if the right vehicle is found for it, looks promising. CB is only an experimental drug right now, but I think we'll get closer to bringing it out to market soon. There's also Latisse, it is supposedly stronger than minoxidil but it is not readily available as a hair loss treatment, i'm sure 10 years from now it will be.

interesting thoughts--

is Latisse like a stronger version of Minoxidil? With Minox, we've gone from 2% to 5%.. how would you equate it to Latisse (ie. would Latisse be like a 12%?). I know that works for thickening eyelashes.. has Minox ever been used for eyelashes?

As a general rule, I never get excited about drugs or biotech advancement... b/c its SO SLOW.... which understandably, is due to safety, the length of clinical trial phases, and the $$ it takes to get drugs through the FDA hoops. But, perhaps your timeline of 10 years is reasonable... esp. considering Latisse is avail. for eyelashes.. of course we have to be prepared for side effects because then WE will be the guinea pigs for the new drugs... gotta be prepared for things like dizziness or whatever...

man, remember the Finasteride fiasco a couple years ago? that was horrible.. I hear so many people stopped taking it because a very small sample of people said they were afflicted with side effects long-term even after quitting. (Apparently it was a very poor study tho)

Regarding CB-03-01, I've never heard of it! I will look it up-- thanks!

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Great hair Pauly! I congratulate you!

Thanks for your support David, from day 1 of my postings!

Ya, I'm really having fun with the hair now.. starting to buy different types of product to put in it and testing out different styles..

its funny though, doing a Rogaine run at Target and buying a couple different hair products at the same time... well, it's nice, actually :)

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.