Raymond Konior, MD - 4,320 FUT Grafts - August 2013

1978matt

I think "Hair Transplant patient of the week" is definitely on the cards ;)

1978Matt - did the Dr state how many grafts left you have in your donor supply for any future surgeries?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

1978Matt - did the Dr state how many grafts left you have in your donor supply for any future surgeries?

I'll see what he thinks when I go back. There's still some laxity back there so hopefully another 2,000 + maybe a bit of FUE should I ever need it.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Man, it really is turning out great. Having seen you in person, it really blows my mind. Looking forward to continued updates.

You seemed like quite a confident guy when I met you, but if you don't mind me asking, has this changed you socially at all?

Looks great, and the scar looking really good.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Man, it really is turning out great. Having seen you in person, it really blows my mind. Looking forward to continued updates.

You seemed like quite a confident guy when I met you, but if you don't mind me asking, has this changed you socially at all?

Looks great, and the scar looking really good.

All I will say is you don't realise how much hairloss consumes your life until you get your hair back. It's such a relief.

I cut my hair too short (I knew I should have got it professionally done!). Anyway, the scar is just about visible at grade 3, depending on the lighting. At least it is a good test and I know not to go below a 4 next time.

Is that your head shaven pre-op or were you that bald pre-op? If the latter, the transformation has been excellent!

The front area was shaved but really didnt have much left.

All I will say is you don't realise how much hairloss consumes your life until you get your hair back. It's such a relief.
This.

Seconded. So true.

the Oscar goes to 1978MATT for best hair transplant result of the year, great result, happy for ya

Yes - has Matt already been a Hair Transplant of the Week guy?

All I will say is you don't realise how much hairloss consumes your life until you get your hair back.

Isn't that what propels us all to do it in the first place? The money spent on meds and other products trying to halt its progress; the inordinate amount of time it takes trying to conceal your hair loss or style your hair to minimize it until you just give up and throw on a hat?

Right now I totally get the consuming part. What I can't imagine yet is the relief you describe. Looking forward to it.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Matt, wow. So happy for you. I remember our conversations in private messaging when you were getting ready for this, and comparing our konior consultation experiences. And now you're all done, and had a successful procedure, with amazing results. Wish I pulled the trigger at the same time so we could both be celebrating.

Can you break down the cost for everything?

Matt, wow. So happy for you. I remember our conversations in private messaging when you were getting ready for this, and comparing our konior consultation experiences. And now you're all done, and had a successful procedure, with amazing results. Wish I pulled the trigger at the same time so we could both be celebrating.

Can you break down the cost for everything?

I was quoted a price which didn't really break down the 'per graft' rate. Anyway, it is best for anyone considering the Doc to send him your photos for evaluation and then calling the office for the charge.

With transatlantic flights and accomodation it was well over $20,000, but bear in mind I went at an expensive time of the year (summer).

I was quoted a price which didn't really break down the 'per graft' rate. Anyway, it is best for anyone considering the Doc to send him your photos for evaluation and then calling the office for the charge.

With transatlantic flights and accomodation it was well over $20,000, but bear in mind I went at an expensive time of the year (summer).

HOLY SHIT. Mine were about $8,300 and $7,000 total respectively, with flights, transportation, etc. But considering I only got about 3,300 or so grafts total, the cost of all the extra grafts in your case actually makes it roughly even out I guess... It just seems like so much to drop at once.

HOLY SHIT. Mine were about $8,300 and $7,000 total respectively, with flights, transportation, etc. But considering I only got about 3,300 or so grafts total, the cost of all the extra grafts in your case actually makes it roughly even out I guess... It just seems like so much to drop at once.

I could be wrong, but it seems Dr. Konior offers a flat rate - whether you have 3,000 or 4,000 grafts. You are paying for his time, in my opinion, and he pretty much does it all - from harvesting the grafts to placing them. You paid $15,300 for 3,300 grafts, Matt paid $16,500 for 4,320 grafts. He came from across the pond for his procedure, so naturally that's going to add significantly to the overall cost.

Yeah I believe the clinic does a per-day flat rate rather than doing per graft charging.

It's worth it though with Dr. K, he's there every step of the way with personalized service to help patients achieve their goals.

Matt, waiting to see your results on their HP best of best or maybe Dr. K's Youtube site !

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

1978Matt - hey bud, this is looking great! It's been a while since I've visited the site but it's so rad to see your results in progress. Congrats on the fantastic results. #ClubKonior

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

Just a bit of gel

0.jpg.673484a918d83a5bf57acadfa1d8e140.jpg

1.jpg.f1d929f989186c72961d1018d69c03e5.jpg

2.jpg.1fb456acbd51d498bfa2bc419c17b4fa.jpg

3.jpg.53787e482e45801f57bca863cdf2b50f.jpg

4.jpg.1075f3940f8a879f9bd10cfe02f6c36d.jpg

5.jpg.2f9efc7e162eb938c794d98740bea714.jpg

6.jpg.d9f212e0c872fa6f951ff8ecd218faf8.jpg

7.jpg.08453090191616cf64a277d0ae6b6648.jpg

8.jpg.274751ac624525ae6bec898095f81346.jpg

Edited by 1978matt

You've come a long way since you removed your cap two weeks post-op and allowed me to inspect the work. TIme flies. Congrats. Only going to thicken up from here on out.