Raymond Konior, MD - 4,320 FUT Grafts - August 2013

1978matt

Really? From your 1 year pictures it totally looks like you have a full head of hair. Where is it still thin?

It's an illusion...

Mid central 'channel' back to the Crown is thin so I may need work there. Hopefully not for 5 years. You can basically see it in my pre op photos.

Fortunately with styling it is barely noticeable.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 3 weeks later...

A few people suggested a video so I put one together:

Thanks for sharing. Excellent coverage.

What do you say to people you know but haven't seen you for a long time when they ask you : "how did you get more hair" or "your hair looks different, what did you do" etc... You went from a 0 to 10 within a year so it must be a shock for some people who've seen you as nothing but bald for years and years before this

unreal Matt, one of the best transformations I have ever seen

Dr Konior's work is fantastic, the immediate post op pics I have seen from him are simply a work of art, so clean and refined with expert placement , you can tell right off the bat that the result will be brilliant

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

Looking really good! Makes me question whether I should go for FUT when I see Dr Feriduni in a few weeks. How long did you do the scalp laxity exercises for?

I forget now but it was about 10-12 weeks.

Thanks for sharing. Excellent coverage.

What do you say to people you know but haven't seen you for a long time when they ask you : "how did you get more hair" or "your hair looks different, what did you do" etc... You went from a 0 to 10 within a year so it must be a shock for some people who've seen you as nothing but bald for years and years before this

It varies. What I've found is the people I work with with significant hair loss tend not to mention it. However, a couple of indian/sri Lankan guys (both high norwoods) asked me outright.

I was walking outside my office yesterday and this Australian former work acquaintance I'd not seen for 4 years (he had gone back home and I never thought he would be back) walked past. I had shades on an pretended not to notice and just kept talking to this guy I was with. All I could see in the corner of my eye was this aussie guy staring. He has pretty full hair.

I keep also seeing an old boss in the crowded lifts at work. We haven't worked together since 2007 but I can tell from his look he is wondering WTF happened. He's in Jason Statham territory but older than me (late 40s).

When people do say 'whatsup with the hair?' I just brush it off with "Oh yeah, I thought I'd try a new style.." and just change the subject.

I don't really mind telling people so long as it is discreet and not a spectacle. I told this nice lady who kept complimenting my hair but it turned out she hadn't a clue I'd had work done. The only reason I told her is because I thought she had realised.

What would be an interesting experiment is to set up two Tinder accounts, one with, say, three photos of you with pre-op hair and the other with the same number of similar photos with your hair as it is now. In all other respects the accounts (with your interests etc) can be the same. Then swipe right on 100 girls you find attractive with both accounts and see what the difference is in matches. A crude experiment, but may be pretty revealing nonetheless.

Its strange no one has aksed me or even noticed anything different. I wore a cap at work for 3 months saying I had bad ezcma and my hair fell out. After 3 months I took off my cap and i was kind of half grown in and people didnt ask me a single questions cos i was the same as I was before the HT. Now at 5 months my hair is gone back to what it looked like at least 7 years ago. Lucky for me noone has asked even now.

In terms of dating the dating game, I've seen 5 times more hits online now than before, even getting interest from Caucasian and other backgrounds outside my own. I don't get any more bald stare now :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dr. K was my surgeon as well. How many grafts are you aiming for? I'm 7 months post-op - you can see my progress in my avatar. My hair loss was similar to Matt's. Complete frontal third restoration.

Great result! How many grafts/hairs did you get? I had 3988 grafts and being a Norwood 5, doc had to try to get all the way back to the crown, so I don't exoect your appearance of density. I have a long way to go before I see results...I am on Day 12!