Raymond Konior, MD - 4,320 FUT Grafts - August 2013

1978matt

10 months on Saturday.

I said I wouldn't post but I particularly liked the way it was styled today.

Here are a few under bathroom spotlights which show the reality that you don't get the old density back.

1.jpg.ffe25ed0ae0e51d08a5a308db85adf65.jpg

2.jpg.9c5c91ccca56efb5bd4728f76318b99f.jpg

3.jpg.a87e26fe409df18c6ad89cd018dfc367.jpg

4.jpg.caf6bb452a8bdc61ab1347f1c3af5ddd.jpg

5.jpg.6fcefc5a0b76fbc7263e4d525fac37a7.jpg

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Looks great! He's estimated at least 3000 grafts to the frontal third.. I'm hoping to get nearer to 4000 being greedy :) Really worried about going back to work after to be honest its stressing me out. Large open plan office, fairly smart dress so no one wears caps and i've only 3 weeks off..

Best of luck but you don't need luck with the great man.

Going back to work is no fun but you will get through it.

10 months on Saturday.

Here are a few under bathroom spotlights which show the reality that you don't get the old density back.

Man, this is awesome, what a magnificent transformation dude!! I am posting my 5 month pics, please do let me know what you think

• 4 weeks later...

congrats to you Matt, glad everything worked out. Im looking forward to my own results, i hope they are just as good as yours.

Did you change anything about your diet and were you using any hair treatments prior to the surgery? I read you started using rogaine after the 7th day, i will buy some today. I was just scared of lossing more hair due to it and than the fact that it might not grow back. Im still skeptical and hesitant to i never used anything before my HT.

congrats to you Matt, glad everything worked out. Im looking forward to my own results, i hope they are just as good as yours.

Did you change anything about your diet and were you using any hair treatments prior to the surgery? I read you started using rogaine after the 7th day, i will buy some today. I was just scared of lossing more hair due to it and than the fact that it might not grow back. Im still skeptical and hesitant to i never used anything before my HT.

Thanks mate.

No special diets but I lead a healthy lifestyle before and after. I was on Rogaine about 18 months prior and about 8 months on a low dose of Propecia, both of which I continue with to this day.

The way I look at it is that if you lose hair from the meds then it was probably too weak and going to disappear soon anyway.

Beautiful result, Matt! Congrats.

Did you do scalp laxity exercises prior to your procedure? If so, when did you start, which exercises, how many times per day, etc?

Thanks!

Thanks mate.

I started them about 2 months prior and could already notice a difference after a couple of weeks.

I guess I did about 10 minutes a day but not all in one go using Jotronic's methods (see youtube).

You have to apply a reasonable amount of force and they can be quite tiring!

10 months on Saturday.

You can get much better density if you want though - just go have an FUE of maybe 800-1000 grafts done, like Corvettester did, and fill in the frontal-most area of your hairline. It's really hard to get high density on a hairline on the first pass - it's normal for a second, much smaller procedure to be needed to fill it in. That's how mine worked too. Looking great though!

• 4 weeks later...
Wow, this is the best outcome anyone could hope for. You went from essentially bald to having Edward from Twilight hair. Absolutely incredible.

This result is ridiculously good...congrats!

Thank you gentlemen.

I used to dread seeing myself in CCTV images. You know the score. You walk into a store and see the images taken from an unflattering angle.

All I see now is a guy with a 'full' head of hair!

Looks amazing! Matt do you mind me asking what razor guard number you usually get with a haircut?

My hairdresser is a bit scared of taking it short but I'm sure I could go to a grade 3 or 4. Long story but they had a lot of competition open nearby so I guess they worry about messing up my hair!

I'll try to get them to go shorter next time.

Great outcome. If grafts permitting, a 2nd HT could allow to wear your hair much shorter.

True, but I think I will give it a few years and save the donor for now.

Superb result - Well done ! Dr Konior is one of the very best.:cool:

Regards

Spex

Thanks mate.

Incredible change Matt.

You should be Dr K's showcase patient.:D

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

damn good. I do have one question that i am sure everyone will go crazy that i ask, but since i have strawberry blonde hair. Would Dr K still do 1 hair bulb graft then 2 and so forth for grafts. I would think starting with a 2 hair bulb would be better, but i can't find anyone with blond or even red hair on this forum.

Incredible change Matt.

You should be Dr K's showcase patient.:D

Thanks mate.

S**t...you look like David Beckham. (no homo, not that there is anything wrong with that)

His uglier younger brother maybe!

damn good. I do have one question that i am sure everyone will go crazy that i ask, but since i have strawberry blonde hair. Would Dr K still do 1 hair bulb graft then 2 and so forth for grafts. I would think starting with a 2 hair bulb would be better, but i can't find anyone with blond or even red hair on this forum.

I don't believe it would be any different but hair to scalp colour may influence the chosen density and placement. If you look at someone like Neil Lennon his temples have gone quite a bit but when he grows his hair the recession isn't that noticeable.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the pleasure today of returning to Chicago and spending most of the day observing Dr K carry out a 3500 graft surgery. It was kind of him to make that offer and I was blown away by the precision of the strip removal and graft placement. I left after 2000 grafts as that is enough for any lay-person to see in their lifetime!

I also met a couple of guys considering a procedure + one who was 5 days out and another who stopped by after 8 months. The latter had a scar so good he could shave down to a grade 1!

The doc was delighted with my result and estimated at least another 2,000 via strip + more with FUE.

I'll try to get my clinic photos up in the near future.

Thanks also to Tom and Lisa for their hospitality!

Good news Matt nice to know you have plenty of donor hair in reserve if you ever need it, must be strange looking on from 'the other side'. Grade 1 after FUT :eek: Would love to see a photo of how that looks!

FUT with Dr. Konior in 2014 - 3814 grafts - Thread

FUE with Dr. Pinto in May 2022 - 3252 grafts

Just seen your twelve month pics Matt. Just a stunning result.

Shows again why Dr. Konior is so highly regarded.

Pete

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.