Vito C. Quatela, MD-46-year-old male with 2,829 graft FUT

This 46- year-old male patient came to us seeking a hair transplant to improve temporal recession and the frontal hairline. The patient was scheduled for a 2,000 graft transplant and the donor site harvest yielded a total of 2,829 grafts with a distribution of 669 single hair grafts, 1,447 two hair grafts and 713 three hair grafts. The team concentrated on the frontal area using single hair grafts to create a natural looking irregular hairline. Following this, a combination of two and three hair grafts was used to obtain a denser concentration of hair in the forelock and temporal areas bilaterally. The team used the stick and place method to achieve these results using 19 and 20 gauge needles. The patient returned recently for a second session of 2,000 grafts to increase density of the forelock and the area moving back toward the crown and was very pleased with the results. Photos of the results from the second session will be posted in the future.

5b32d992d5c8a_HTNJuly2013frontbeforeafte.jpg.9592411fb343a28a98c98933258403d8.jpg

5b32d992e665e_HTNJuly2013Lprofbeforeafte.jpg.53b277d54bd14e9b152874db4013e0c3.jpg

5b32d9930aeec_HTNJuly2013topbeforeafter.jpg.d57c8a946781d51324f79ad46846334a.jpg

5b32d993185d8_HTNJuly2013Rbeforeafte.jpg.e59f069c5fb05cd10796628c6fe326c6.jpg

5b32d9932cb05_HTNJuly2013Rprofbeforeafter.gif.0c2dc9fe4824d57a9ae91bcf79576265.gif

Dr. Quatela,

Thank you for sharing. Any immediate post-operative images? It would be interesting to see the graft placement.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Not a very drastic transformation for this patient; especially given that his 2829 grafts gave him 5700+ hairs for coverage! I'm definitely glad that the patient is satisfied, as that is the most important thing at the end of the day; but hoping that next 2000 grafts makes an overall better cosmetic improvement for him! Just out of curiosity Dr. Quatela.....when you repeatedly use the words "the team" in reference to involvement of your employees in the various stages of this patient's procedure, what is your involvement with the procedure? I'm assuming you do the strip extraction and then your "team" ( I imagine a nurse/surgical techs) does the graft harvesting and placement?

Not being accusatory in any way at all......I am just always curious what physician involvement each clinic employs, as it seems to differ so much from practice to practice.

Thanks for sharing these results!!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

I personally feel like the photos should include at least the top of the eyebrows. This gent probably went a little too aggressive with the hairline. The overall placement is just not great, plus the patient's hair is wet. I feel like a less aggressive hairline with a less dense placement to give more coverage would have given this patient a better look for the general public. However, like it was said, that fact that the pt is happy is the most important thing.

I don't think I would be happy with this result. Sorry.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 10 months later...

At the Quatela Center for Hair Restoration, we stand behind our results with complete confidence that they are accurately reported and have fulfilled each patient’s individual expectations based on the patient/doctor goals discussed at the consultation. It is our priority to ensure patient satisfaction. We encourage you to visit our comprehensive hair restoration gallery to view our other results and see why so many patients trust the Quatela Center for their hair restoration procedures.

I'm not seeing where the patient satisfaction is coming from ??

This board demands much better results and higher standards from a recommended surgeon.

The copy and paste reply is the last straw for me, I feel sorry for these patients.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Not sure why these questions never get a direct answer ...

Just saying

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

What's weird is the doctor must genuinely think this work is good (or good enough to fool us), otherwise I doubt he'd want it posted... you don't have to be a doctor to realize these results are poor.

If this is what he is posting, just imagine the results he is not posting. This is one reason I am not scared to have surgery with a doctor outside of the recommended forum that is much cheaper in price. It's not like all the doctors have great results. Take a look no further than this doctor, I wouldn't go there for free.

I don't understand why this doctor is recommended here. Bill you seemed underwhelmed with the result posted here and when you asked the doctor a direct question about his involvement in the procedure he did not respond. So it seems we are recommending a doctor and we don't even know whether he performs any of the procedure?? Surely that needs to be transparent and one of the conditions of membership here?

This is not a satisfactory result, especially not for that amount of grafts. Totally unacceptable!

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Apparently so.

It's like a case from the 80s, can't be more than 1k grafts that survived.

If you're going to go into stealth mode, at least do it permanently. Not go silent for a year then copy & paste in different posts. If these are the good results, what do the lesser results look like?

Blake had asked for post op photos but guess what? No reply.

If this patient is truly happy with these results, then he obviously didn't do his homework, to see what state of the art hair transplants look like.

This made my first ht with the hospital group look like a home run, 'which it wasn't'

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

At the Quatela Center for Hair Restoration, we stand behind our results with complete confidence that they are accurately reported and have fulfilled each patient’s individual expectations based on the patient/doctor goals discussed at the consultation. It is our priority to ensure patient satisfaction. We encourage you to visit our comprehensive hair restoration gallery to view our other results and see why so many patients trust the Quatela Center for their hair restoration procedures.

Please answer the questions that many of us are asking you in this thread.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I agree with the posters above. Difficult to see how this can be considered a good result - or any of those posted on his website - by today's high standards.

With the results listed on the site, and the fact that nowhere in the doctor's bio does he even mention skills in hair transplanting (extract below), I wonder what on Earth made these guys go to him. They must not have done any research.

VITO C. QUATELA, M.D., FACS

Board Certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon

Past President of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and located at the Quatela Center for Plastic Surgery in Rochester, NY, Dr. Vito Quatela specializes exclusively in facial plastic surgery such as rhinoplasty, otoplasty, brow lift, and facelift. Dr. Quatela, a recognized leader in the field of aesthetic surgery, is Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (ABO).

If this is what he is posting, just imagine the results he is not posting. This is one reason I am not scared to have surgery with a doctor outside of the recommended forum that is much cheaper in price. It's not like all the doctors have great results. Take a look no further than this doctor, I wouldn't go there for free.

This doctor as viewed by HT veterans and regular forum members alike is obviously an anomaly when it comes to recommended surgeons.

The vast majority produce amazing results and really do care about their patients!

Don't be so quick to make such comments and to promote non-recommended surgeons based on cheap price, especially when you've not even had a HT yet.

Younger folks and those desperate read your words and may end up making a very bad decision.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hi Guys,

Just a quick word:

We - the moderators/admins - are definitely aware of this situation and doing our best to actively fix it. We have communicated with Dr. Quatela's clinic and asked them to thoroughly review the situation and address all concerns. If any member has any additional comments, questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to send me a private message. I appreciate the kind words about our strict recommendation standards and ongoing membership requirements, and I do want to express the fact that we do our best to help connect patients with the most state-of-the-art hair restoration physicians practicing today.

Thanks again!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.