3525 grafts from Dr. Konior - frontal

• 1 month later...
Good looking scar. Does konior used two layers of stitches plus staples? Anyone know what closure method he uses?

I am sure it is different for different people, but I had staples for a few days and stitches too.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I had staples and stitches too. Staples were removed on day 4 or 5 (probably a bit early as I had to leave the area), and stitches at the 2 week mark. As for the closure method, I wouldn't know, Spanker probably would.

Thanks for your detailed and honest writing.

hope you grow well from here on in, keep us posted.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
@samspade,

Thank you for the reassurance. I'm hoping I can say the same things to someone in future as well. In my case, the only thing is my scalp seems to be very thick and hair is having a tough time coming out.. I seem to have a predisposition to scalp pimples and there are a lot of pustules. Its not very clear in the pictures but I get a few daily. I really really hope it won't have any impact on the final growth.

As for propecia, the cost-benefit ratio (not the money) is not good for me considering the potential sides. I have lost 80% of the hair in the area where it would have made a difference. May be 5 years ago it was a good option for me, but not at this point. In any case, i'm not considering messing with my hormones right now. With my luck, it is probably not going to work out very well. We'll see what the future holds.

I feel the same after my HT, not keen on meds at all, whatever their efficacy might be. I've had the HT done and hopefully that'll be good enough, if not then so be it. I'd rather stay bald than take meds and invite the possibility of a host of side-effects.

I feel the same after my HT, not keen on meds at all, whatever their efficacy might be. I've had the HT done and hopefully that'll be good enough, if not then so be it. I'd rather stay bald than take meds and invite the possibility of a host of side-effects.

I am convinced Fin messes with my hormones negatively in my individual case, got back on it again after stopping then restarting; after three months in the mornings my forehead was greasier than pouring cooking oil directly on it. Noticed a shed of some transplanted hair too (could be due to other factor). After stopping, the greasiness subsided immediately.

YMMV

As for the OP, it is very likely he had great results and went on with life, since he's a patient of Dr. K.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

I also refuse to take Proprecia. It is a wonder drug for many in keeping their hair but the potential side effects and unknown long term effects on hormones make it a no-no for me.

Really disappointing HairNeeded has gone AWOL from his own thread. It has been over a year now since he has his surgery with Dr. K.

Spanker any updates on this patient?

Stagger, I do not have any updates on this pt as of late. I have reached out to him to ask how he was doing but I did not get a response from my last attempt. I will try to reach out to him again.

Edit: PM sent to HairNeeded asking for update.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Stagger, I do not have any updates on this pt as of late. I have reached out to him to ask how he was doing but I did not get a response from my last attempt. I will try to reach out to him again.

Edit: PM sent to HairNeeded asking for update.

Thanks for following up Spanker, Dr. K's work is always worth following closely.

• 1 month later...
I had staples and stitches too. Staples were removed on day 4 or 5 (probably a bit early as I had to leave the area), and stitches at the 2 week mark. As for the closure method, I wouldn't know, Spanker probably would.

Any updates?

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry I have been away for long without updates. It is just that I was getting very nervous about my growth (I didn't have much until like 7 months) and several people advised me to stay away from the forum for a while. Seeing others grow well didn't help my anxiety and the stress isn't good for growth. Then I kind of lost the touch. But its been 15 months and I think its time for an update. I have got good news.

One thing I want to mention is that transplanting is a technique that depends on many factors. The skill of the doctor, the quality of the donor hair, the post care (not doing stupid stuff), medications - all are important for a great result. If you happen to have all of them, then you become one of those miracle patients. Unfortunately not everyone can have those. In my case, I had a great doctor and good post care, but I lack the other two. So my results are good but not miraculous. It may be miraculous considering the quality of my donor hair with no propecia and I'm happy which is what matters. My frontal hair line is good and I look much better in pics and videos. If I can keep this for a while, I should be good.

First of all, let me say that Dr.Konior is wonderful. In every profession, there are experts and then there are super experts. The reason you don't hear about a bad result from Dr. Konior is because he doesn't have any - that I am convinced of now. His hairline design is extremely natural. If I didn't have those donor scars, no one could tell I had a transplant. I have seen some transplanted hair in person before by some other doctors and they looked equidistant, somewhat unnatural. This is extremely important. His attention to detail and the quality of work is unparalleled. Another thing is his response time and patience answering questions. I can assure you that in my thirty six years of life I have not seen anybody like him in that respect. I have sent him hundreds of emails with stupid and repetitive questions and he has answered all of them patiently within the hour or worse the same day. Thats just ridiculous. It is very important to get this kind of support to keep you calm and guide you through difficult times if you need it. He genuinely cares about your growth as much as you do.

I'm writing all this for the people who are having a hard time deciding on HT. Here is my advice. If you have money and decent quality donor hair, go for it. How do you know if you have good quality hair? honestly I don't know, may be ask the doctor if your donor hair is mostly 1s or 3s etc. Do your research. HT is not magic. You are going to reap what you sow. Any HT doctor can give you hair. They are basically moving hair from one place to another. But how many will survive and how its going to look all will depend on the doctor and the quality of your hair. It is also important to know what kind of support you will get from the doctor if something goes wrong. It costs money to pick a good doctor but it will be worth it. If you want safe results, I would pick Dr. Konior or Ron Shapiro. I can only tell you about my experience with Dr. Konior and trust me, you won't be disappointed. It is not easy to get a good certificate from me. But Dr. Konior gets it because he is that good and there is no room for any complaint.

I believe all my transplanted hair has grown. Now the overall density may look a bit thin but thats because I have covered a large area with only 3500 grafts (most of them 1s). The result is still pretty good. Nobody looks up at my forehead anymore. At this point, I do not regret doing HT. It could have been better but I got the best out of what I have. Attaching some photos - all taken indoors without flash. I didn't get that many grafts in my crown area. I just hope things look this way for next few years. I'll update if there are any changes.

5b32df0ef3c11_pic1-Copy.jpg.441c3c2282f953bbea5f01c952494079.jpg

5b32df0f14f0a_pic2-Copy.jpg.af12e37d6c0a4bb3b3e8120551d895e0.jpg

5b32df0f26a75_pic3-Copy.jpg.ddd7f3558bdc2c9199bab2619b40f4b6.jpg

I'm really glad you updated. I as worried about you got a while. 7 months is very long to wait and I'm glad you ended up happy. I know it was a challenging case with all of the ones that you had in you donor and I think I remember you having some post op pain. I'm really glad that you ended up satisfied.

It looks very natural btw.

View Spanker's Website

Thanks for taking the time to update us on your results! I'm very pleased to see that you are happy with the outcome.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

congrats man, it is really truly a long emotional journey

glad things are growing well for you

after you go with Konior and him doing everything from pre-op consultation, graft removal, graft site incisions, graft placement and then direct patient counseling post-op, it makes it very difficult to consider ever going to another doc. he really does super clean and amazing work

go dense or go home

• 1 year later...

Now when I look at my pictures, the sides kind of scare me. I hadn't realized how much less hair I have in that area. I have to applaud Dr. Konior for extracting 3500 grafts for me. I hope the sides grow more and hide the scar well. It is still a bit reddish for me in the recipient and scar areas. My body hasn't had a very kind reaction to all this.

Thanks for writing about your experience and challenges / results. I always like to read these as you see some of the "miracle" results posted and that's not the case for everyone, esp once you get past NW4 cases.

I am near week 6 and I had some of the same concerns about the "sides" looking thin - someone here wrote it was due to flash camera but when I asked Dr. Konior he thinks there is some shock loss that happens since like you my incision went "all the way around" to the sides. I have some of that shock loss below the scar all the way around but more pronounced on sides and then less on the rear of scalp.

I also think your scar was not that bad in terms of being red - mine was redder for longer; I'd say quite red even thru week 4 and now it is lightening pretty well to pink in week 5/6. Everyone's body reacts differently.

I also want to say your "comb over" in one of your pre-op photos was pretty amazing haha - I was shocked how from the front angle at least you really hid a lot of the hair loss. So when you said NW5 and then I saw the front photo I was thinking "huh" but the looks like you had combovers down to a science.

If you ever come back to read this I am wondering if you had planned to go get a 2nd procedure in future; probably 2k more grafts will make a significant difference in thickening the front a bit and maybe do a little more light coverage on crown to get more coverage . Generally once you get to the NW5/6 range unless you are doing a H&W mega session of 6K, you realistically need two sessions for covering this much real estate.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).