3525 grafts from Dr. Konior - frontal

Any updates? I feel this is the first truly candid konior posting. Where every step is being shown, even the ugly steps. Thanks for this...hoping for an update

I wonder why would say that? What makes other Konior posts less candid?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I wonder why would say that? What makes other Konior posts less candid?

I think you and some of the other guys were a little bit too beautiful for his liking during the doldrums! ;)

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Any updates? I feel this is the first truly candid konior posting. Where every step is being shown, even the ugly steps. Thanks for this...hoping for an update

I am not sure if it is just me or is anyone else is noticing this pattern. Jinglealltheway is digging out all Konior related postings and making some unpleasant comments.

Jinglealltheway do you have any hidden agenda?

I am not sure if it is just me or is anyone else is noticing this pattern. Jinglealltheway is digging out all Konior related postings and making some unpleasant comments.

Jinglealltheway do you have any hidden agenda?

You're paranoid. I am highly considering Konior as my HT doc, which is why you see me in all his threads. Asking questions is now considered having an agenda and considered unpleasant?

Not a good way to think.

Getting a hair transplant is a very scary thing for me. And I am going to ask as many questions as I need to and want to, until it becomes less scary, at which point I can dive in and get one.

Sorry if my process doesn't not match your process. I am educating myself, and you are mistaking my eagerness as unpleasant.

I think koniors before afters are amazing, that is why he is in my top 3 HT doc candidates. And it is also why I talk about him so much. That is my agenda.

He isn't paranoid. Your tone is more aggressive than the average poster. In another Konior thread you started a post by saying "This thread is useless without pics" and "In this day and age everyone has access to a camera".

That's quite a strong way to introduce yourself to a thread, and isn't very fair to the creator of that thread and others like it who may have put an awful lot of time and effort into things and putting feelings down on paper/posts for others to feed off. But now all of a sudden just because you demand pics of a certain doc, that deems every HT thread created without pics to be useless? Interesting way of looking at things.

Why don't you just post something like "Nice thread....Would be great to see photo updates of the different phases of your HT"! Rather than, "Your thread is useless without pics".

I think you should be grateful for the abundant amount of info that this site and others already has for you. The last thing people need in the middle of their recovery phase is having some bloke on a forum call them out for pics, and render their documentation useless.

You do realise that a very very small percentage of people who get HTs post actual photos of their head on a publicly viable website in the first place! There are literally thousands of threads with very detailed documentation of cases and no pics are included. To me these are invaluable.

I have my procedure in under 3 months. I'm pretty scared because it's so far off the beaten path of anything I've ever done, but I don't want to scare off other members of the community in the mean time.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

Johnny,

Thanks for the reply. Again, I am sorry that you view my posts as having some sort of "tone",however I feel I explained myself well enough in my last post. I am not exactly sue what I am being accused of here. That my questions aren't phrased in a nice way? I need to introduce myself in a thread before asking questions?

Either way, lets be "fair to the creator of this thread", and agree to disagree and to stop cluttering his thread with our petty disagreements.

Honestly we cannot afford to be so edgy and angry....as that causes stress....which can cause hairloss...and we are all here for a mutual purpose, and that is to find ways to treat our hairloss. lets get more positive.

Moving on..

Johnny, and I hope your procedure goes well in three months. I hope to get mine done by then as well. Lets just hope for the best for both of us in regards to our hair restoration journey. This balding thing really stinks. Here's to moving on from worrying about our scalps, and resuming living our lives.

Exactly, there's a lot more to life! Thanks for the well wishes. I hope to post some pics of mine! :)

For what it's worth, I think Konior is an incredible HT doc. I did an online consultation with his clinic a few months back and communication with the doc and his rep was very good too.....another important aspect!

Current Regimen:

Johnny, and I hope your procedure goes well in three months. I hope to get mine done by then as well. Lets just hope for the best for both of us in regards to our hair restoration journey. This balding thing really stinks. Here's to moving on from worrying about our scalps, and resuming living our lives.

Good luck with your procedure. I do think you will find your research a more pleasurable experience by checking your tone. I looked back at your posts and your first one involved demanding photos with another member, followed by more posts asking for photos. Sure, you can ask for them, but you seemed to write it with a sense of entitlement. In addition, you complained about the lack of Konior scar photos, which is why I added my photos to my thread showing my scar, and then you take the thread of a very challenging Konior patient and state that it is the only candid Konoir thread, which is a slap in the face to people like Tao, SamSpade, and myself. The definition of candid is truthful and straight forward, so basically you are calling us less than honest. Doesn't seem to me that you would want to make such an accusation against patients of a doctor you are considering using.

Back to the op, I really hope he gets a result that he is happy with. I'm looking forward to his update.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Good luck with your procedure. I do think you will find your research a more pleasurable experience by checking your tone. I looked back at your posts and your first one involved demanding photos with another member, followed by more posts asking for photos. Sure, you can ask for them, but you seemed to write it with a sense of entitlement. In addition, you complained about the lack of Konior scar photos, which is why I added my photos to my thread showing my scar, and then you take the thread of a very challenging Konior patient and state that it is the only candid Konoir thread, which is a slap in the face to people like Tao, SamSpade, and myself. The definition of candid is truthful and straight forward, so basically you are calling us less than honest. Doesn't seem to me that you would want to make such an accusation against patients of a doctor you are considering using.

Back to the op, I really hope he gets a result that he is happy with. I'm looking forward to his update.

All of your points are based on false assumptions.

I'm dropping it....You're welcome to join.

hey jingle

i've had a few cosmetic procedures and have found that people get very defensive of their docs

i did not find your posts aggressive or with a hidden agenda

and i agree that some after pics esp those of hairlines can show every angle from "the top" and not from the scalp or pushed back....what are you gonna do?!

i also am considering Konior also and have found his pics to be "the best" (same angles and lighting) pre and post op of the lot of them

check out the link to his website from this one

as for other posters complaining about you "demanding" pics or calling other posts "useless"

a few of these posters have asked the same of others

so they should check themselves

good luck

hey jingle

i've had a few cosmetic procedures and have found that people get very defensive of their docs

i did not find your posts aggressive or with a hidden agenda

and i agree that some after pics esp those of hairlines can show every angle from "the top" and not from the scalp or pushed back....what are you gonna do?!

i also am considering Konior also and have found his pics to be "the best" (same angles and lighting) pre and post op of the lot of them

check out the link to his website from this one

as for other posters complaining about you "demanding" pics or calling other posts "useless"

a few of these posters have asked the same of others

so they should check themselves

good luck

He stated that this was the first candid Konior thread, which means honest. That's the part that hit me wrong personally, and while that post could have been taken as a dig at the doc, as much as myself and other Konior posters have contributed in photos and updates, it was insulting to me to hear that this was the first candid thread. Not everyone is going to have as difficult of a time as the OP had. It has nothing to do with defending the doctor, it has to do with being called less than straight forward.

It is different for people that are posting complaints about a doctor or a procedure, but for the people posting updates, they really owe us nothing. The members here are not getting paid to post their photos, nor did any patients pay to get on this site. Every photo that you see posted by a patient is a gift of education given to you for free.To ask for an update or a photo is one thing, but just remember that it is a gift. I personally appreciate all that share their stories and photos. If a poster seeking pictures have yet to post their own photos, they should be even more aware of this and thankful for those that have chosen to visually contribute, while still being respectful to those that haven't.

I'm not going to dirty this guys thread up anymore and I will not address anyone but the OP in this thread again, but anyone is welcome to PM about this or start a new thread regarding the first candid Konior thread and we can pick it up from there.

View Spanker's Website

Very much looking forward to seeing the final result of this case. Think it could be a good one. Bookmarking this thread

I posted this 2 days after the op:

"I would probably disagree with this statement. This patient may be a decent patient in terms of an established pattern and reasonable expectations (which are very important), but he does have some challenging factors. His density is not the best, the doctor was only able to harvest 3500 grafts and it covered a fairly large area, and his FU ratio should be taken into consideration. He is also not on medication.

He does have the Asian advantage, meaning it seems like a person who is Asian may take less grafts to look good because of hair characteristics. He also chose one of the best HT doctors in the world, so that is not going to hurt him either.

My point is, I would put him in the category of being a candidate for HT, but not an excellent candidate by any means. I don't think a newbie should come in and see this thread with similar characteristics and say, "Hey, I'm an excellent candidate too!"

He seems to have been a very good patient in terms of post-op (except for icing) and did diligent research before his HT. I do believe he will have very good transformation though and am really looking forward to seeing how it turns out."

I hope it turns out, but he may need another pass. I am looking forward to his results too.

View Spanker's Website

whoa! my thread has been jacked. Fellas, peace! @Jingle, I have nothing against you or anyone else. I just want all of us to have more hair. As a recent HT candidate, I understand how difficult it is trying to find the 'best' HT doctor there is. Every time I thought I had it, I was wrong. I kept moving on from better to better and at the end, there are a cream of doctors that you probably won't go wrong with. For everyone, there is a top 3 or 5, whatever that number is. It is up to you to make your pick from that list. I understand it can be frustrating when you are researching a doctor and you come across threads that don't offer what you are looking for. But what can you do. You have to make the best use of the available information. I'm in touch with a Konior patient that had his HT a couple of months ahead of me. He did not post any threads or photos but just PMed me recently that he was happy at 4 months. I cannot make him post his pictures (even hinted it) and i'm sure there are a lot of them like that.

Nobody is doing anyone a favor by getting an HT. This forum does not owe anybody anything, it is just trying to help (and of course it is okay to make a profit while doing a good deed). I'm not against you or anybody, I'm just stating my views based on what I feel.

Most people when they do research, they look for the bad reviews. Good reviews can be stacked, but not the bad ones. One of my main criteria for picking the doctors was the same. I could be wrong, but if someone does not have a satisfying result after spending a fortune, wouldn't they want to vent or do something about it. So, a lot of good results and rare bad results is a good combination in my opinion. When I started my research, I wasn't sure if the forum had real people or what the deal actually is. You kind of follow people's threads for a long time and make a judgement on whether they have an agenda or not. Anybody can be outsmarted, but you can only do the best to your abilities. The rest is fate/luck or whatever you want to call it.

I also want to take a moment to thank all the doctors for what they do. In the first couple of months post HT, I realized how demanding their job is. They just can't afford to have a bad day. There is no way to correct a mistake. Every day they are putting their whole career at risk. Until I had this surgery, I was always kinda *jealous/upset* at the money they charge, but they deserve every penny of it.

I dont know why, I just cant seem to summarize anything in a concise manner. I always have a lot to say. I want to be done but I realized I have a little bit more to add.

@Jingle, I can understand how others might have reacted to you saying mine was the first candid Konior thread. I'm not really sure what you mean by that. I know there are some other patients that have posted as well. Now, if you are thinking I'm more genuine because I'm having problems, that is not correct. They may just have had good results and are really happy. I understand that may sound suspicious but that goes back to what I was saying before. If there were many unhappy people, wouldn't they post more and with the really really happy ones, most of them won't post because it was a breeze for them, but some of them do.

Anyway, i unfortunately am not the best candidate. Even doing all the research, picking the best doctor, is only going to help you so much if the luck is not with you. A very rare percentage of people get as many pustules as I did. I was getting 4,5 a day and had to take antibiotics to control them for at least 2 months or more. Every time I take care of a pustule, it will bleed. I have no idea if that killed the graft or not. I also don't have very dense hair and was pretty bald to begin with. I'm not also on any medications nor am I taking any MSM or biotine or anything like that. So I wouldn't base your decisions on my result, but I'm hoping to get a good result. There won't be anymore debates after that esp now people feel that i'm candid. :)

All I can tell you is that I'm still highly pleased that I picked Dr. Konior regardless of my outcome. I have had a lot of problems, with pimples and antibiotics etc and the support he gave me was amazing. He replied to all my concerns/questions within the hour every time for 100s of times. I'm pretty sure anyone else would have lost patience. In my experience, most people love their HT doctor if they have had a good experience and will be defensive. I have checked with numerous patients of different doctors. Everyone said they were thrilled with their doctors and results, except of course the ones that didn't have so great an experience. That you don't need to check with them, they will post.

I'm hoping for a great outcome. I would have been 100% sure if I didn't have the pustules situation but at this point it is a wait and see. I'll post my pictures this weekend at 4 months and will continue to do so monthly. I hope I get a very satisfying result and it will be a tribute to a great surgeon.

I have been writing for almost an hour now and I apologize if I may have been incoherent or offensive in parts. It is all unintentional, I only wish the best for everyone. I believe in accepting people as they are, well, for the most part ;)

That was an awesome post, HairNeeded. I don't think that you will get a dense result (number of grafts, number of small grafts, large area covered, problem with the pustules) but you went to the best surgeon for your situation and will get the best result that could have been achieved because of that. You will have more hair and an improved appearance. My fingers are crossed for you that your result makes you happier.

Spanker, you wrote that he "may need another pass". I'd say that makes sense and most guys in his situation should reasonably expect that. I am planning another go also in the future, but this time for my crown.

Attached are the 4 month pictures. There is definitely growth, waiting for more thickening to happen. This time all pictures but one are without flash. The scar at the back is really thin and it is difficult to take a picture with all that hair around it. I tried, but didn't get a clear one. Next month, i'll try and do pictures outdoors.

Now i'm realizing how much hair it takes to show up thick on camera. All those people that can't see their scalp with the newgrown hair must be really happy. I'm sure it looks so much better in person if camera shows it that well. Hopefully I get at least 80% of that.

flash.jpg.ddace4d4036e8b9542484acbcd963f8d.jpg

5b32d9156f7a4_noflash.jpg.aa8235b51d431605479652938dd4d88c.jpg

P1040352.jpg.8bde256ef42e6826d2f1ed15bc091acc.jpg

P1040353.jpg.e7cb74663d0d90ef6eb23c92b839dfdf.jpg

P1040356.jpg.5a608878a05446bf66feba5c0db708ba.jpg

P1040358.jpg.6e733832256ac2b76a8a14ec8e76ae43.jpg

Looking on target.

That's a reassuringly thin scar. Maybe 1.5mm wide at most.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Scar is looking great. How do you feel? On the plus side, this is the least hair you will likely ever have on top of your head. Good luck man.

View Spanker's Website

Your scar looks awesome and only 4 months! Good to see you are on track. I am sure you will have an amazing result! Keep us posted and good growth! The show has just began! ;-)

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

Sometimes Dr. Konior's results are even better than Hasson and Wong. This surgeon is super gifted and I consider the best FUT in North America. No Doubt!!!

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hair Needed, everything is looking good. Your hair seems to be of pretty good caliber, also the skin to hair contrast is great. This means that you can get good visual density with less number of grafts as compared to someone who has really thin hair and skin to hair contrast is not that great.

Just a suggestion, I think you should buzz your sides short to match with the top of your hair. I think it will be a much better look