My regretful hair transplant

marcin872

Ive had 2 ht for total of 6,000 grafts all fue. My first ht was 2,800 grafts to rebuild my hairline and add to the crown and second was 3,500 to add density all over top and back. All i really wanted was a nice hairline and some density all over to pull off a buzzcut # 1. The doctor for some reason created me a uneven hairline which one side is lower than the other. Also i felt like the hairline was too dense and didnt match the rest of my top head. I then went back to correct this at another clinic. The doctor told me dont worry we will fix the hairline and make it even and add density to the top and back. Well to my surprise no hair grafts grew at my hairline and after the scabs fell off it looked like there were no grafts placed there at all. I did get some growth on top and at the crown but still not enough to match my front. I honestly doubt i grew 6,000 grafts and now im left with bad scarring all over my sides of my head. Please do more research before going in and make sure to speak up and not let the doctor decide everything for you. THe only hope i have now is bht and im uncertain if that can even help me out in the future

photo-17.jpg.dfec6ddc667661b82260223140a6f838.jpg

photo-20.jpg.3d198b7881d3511b5f043bb39f756764.jpg

I think the good news is that your hairline looks absolutely natural. Granted it is not perfectly symmetrical but natural hairlines usually aren't perfectly symmetrical anyway. Your sides do look a bit thinned in comparison to the rest of your head but again if I saw you on the street I don't think I would do a double take. Now if you had a strip scar things would be a whole lot worse in regard to the shaved head.

The other good news is if you grow your hair out slightly nobody will notice anything. I know you wanted the shaved look but as you get a bit older that may change. How old are you?

marcin872,

Welcome to our community. I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your hair transplant results. Based on the photos you've posted, I don't see anything unnatural about your result. Do you have any additional photos you can present that shows the areas you're unhappy with? Also, do you have any pictures of your scalp before surgery?

Best wishes,

Bill

I tried to contact the surgeon but he never replied back to me. Nobody ever looked at me or asked me if i had anything done its when i look at myself i feel like i look funny. Problem is the longer my hair gets the worse it looks which is why i buzz it ever couple of days. Im 25 by the way. Im thinking about using some beard hair or other parts of the body to fix my problems

The good thing is, it looks natural. Maybe you are being a little paranoid because you know you have hade work done.

Agree with staggerlee123 the sides look a little fin so FUE may not be possible but BHT a possibilty.

Im moving to another country on friday and im nervous because im seeing a girl that i really love and she hasnt seen me in 3 years. My confidence was really low and i thought by having this done i would be better but it didnt turn out the way i wanted it to. I dunno maybe i am bit paranoid. Thanks for the kind comments though guys

Have you tried a concealer like toppik or nanogen? I think that would improve your situation.

There are some incredible doctors on here, why not consult with them and see if anything can be done?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

If I'm honest I think the hairline is a little too low.

Have you tried growing your hair long? It may look better that way

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I aslo thought that the middle was dropped down too low. I would have preferred a higher but straighter hairline but like i said i let the doctor decide as i thought he would know best. Ya but my hair is too thin to look good long.

To bo honest i dont think it looks too bad. I also would not notice overtly bad scarring even from the 6000 FUE you have had. Can you imagine if you had a strip scar.?

Do you know how much donor you have left.? One additional procedure should see you right for the next while. In the meantime keeping it short is what you want so its still framing your face Ok. Its not ideal but things could be a lot worse.

I aslo thought that the middle was dropped down too low. I would have preferred a higher but straighter hairline but like i said i let the doctor decide as i thought he would know best. Ya but my hair is too thin to look good long.

Who were the surgeons? Could be worth getting a few Drs opinions on anything that could be done

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Doesn't look terrible, but I agree with you, it doesn't look right. Are you in the USA? if so I would consider Dr Umar for repair work as he is good with BHT, otherwise in Europe Dr Bisanga at BHR is good with BHT aswell.

Looks like you have some thinning of the donor area because o the fue, still better than a scar though. I don't think you have exhausted your scalp donor yet, you will need that to soften your hairline and straighten it out a bit.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do!:)

• 8 months later...

To be honest you look ok to me, but I was unaware any doctor would place 6000 grafts on a 25 year old. How long ago was your latest surgery? Pre-op pics would be helpful to rate the result. Also are you taking meds?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Without pre-ops it is hard to give and assessment, but for a person that got 6000 grafts, I think it looks pretty dang good. Very natural. You can see the harvested area but unless you are familiar with transplants you wouldn't know. Yeah, it is a little asymmetrical, but so are natural hair lines. It may be a cm too low, but for now it looks good to me.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

To me it doesn't look that bad. Although I do admit it does look a bit low in the middle. Did you see Dr. Sohi in India?

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson