Best FUE Drs for advanced balding 5-6

sam1870

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For patients with high norwood stages like a 5 or 6 FUE can be done, but it may not be in your best interest. FUE limits the amount of grafts one can use as opposed to FUT which can maximize the amount of grafts. You should consult with a few doctors in person, or online and get their opinion on realistic results for your case.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Lorenzo has done more than a few NW 5-6s with FUE. Although it would have to be done in multiple sessions. Most Doctors have a cap of about 3,000 FUE grafts per day, I'm not sure what Dr. Lorenzo's is. Although he is not yet part of this fine forum.

Dr Lorenzo results seems very impressing have you seen or know any of his actual patients? Please kindly all FUT Fans, I am not interested in FUT Period, FUT is for Lazy Drs who want to have a bunch of technicians do the work for them and they are fighting technology. just like some hairs can be damaged during FUE , only god knows how many hairs are damged in the hands of nurses cutting the strip.

I was not refering to you you Alix, I am talking about the guy that said FUE will leave you wanting, well let it leave me wanting better than having a scar in my head. Anyway Alix I think Dr Lindsey is in Argentena not spain. Could you send me the link to his work please? thank you

Spex knows more about HT then just about anyone contributing to this forum. I would not take his words lightly. If your a NW 6, and say you are lucky and get 5000 total FUE grafts, you will get decent coverage in the front and mid but you will likely need to totally forget the crown. With strip, you have a good shot at getting some crown coverage. I can understand why the scar puts off folks but to me, it has been the biggest non issue.

Having said that, if you do want to keep you hair buzzed really short, FUE may work well for your advanced balding but again, you will need to forget about the crown.

Good luck.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Dr Lorenzo results seems very impressing have you seen or know any of his actual patients? Please kindly all FUT Fans, I am not interested in FUT Period, FUT is for Lazy Drs who want to have a bunch of technicians do the work for them and they are fighting technology. just like some hairs can be damaged during FUE , only god knows how many hairs are damged in the hands of nurses cutting the strip.

Unfortunately I can't say I know or have seen any of his patients in the flesh. All I have to go by are his videos which are amazing and push the barrier on what can be done via FUE. He does have quite a waiting list but it would not hurt to ask him, he responds to his emails personally as I have conversed with him several times.

Also in regards to FUT. It's fine that you do not want a linear scar, perfectly understandable. However I would say that when it comes to Doctors that do both procedures, their FUT results end up more impressive with greater yield. Most Doctor's nurses have been doing their jobs for 8 years or more and are looking through powerful microscopes whilst cutting.

FUE by itself won't do much for a NW5 or NW6 patient. If you want to keep your hair short then maybe try FUE along with SMP. Otherwise, go FUT. Strip scars are generally a non-issue if you go to a quality surgeon.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

FUE by itself won't do much for a NW5 or NW6 patient. If you want to keep your hair short then maybe try FUE along with SMP. Otherwise, go FUT. Strip scars are generally a non-issue if you go to a quality surgeon.

Depending on donor density, FUE alone could restore a NW 5 to a decent degree. NW6 would be pushing it however. Some individuals can obtain 7,000 grafts via FUE which is up there with FUT. Of course you would never be able to shave you head on a zero trimmer(with 8,000 grafts you probably wouldn't go below a size 2)without thousands of white dots but the same could be said for strip. But I'm no expert.

I beleive in advanced cases like Nw6 your best choice will be Dr. GHO's HST.

But also FUE is fine with the right doctor but your donor would be depleted before you cover all the bald area, but at least you can frame your face and keep your hair short.

I beleive in advanced cases like Nw6 your best choice will be Dr. GHO's HST.

But also FUE is fine with the right doctor but your donor would be depleted before you cover all the bald area, but at least you can frame your face and keep your hair short.

Do we know how Dr. Gho manages to extract grafts without leaving a scar AND having the hair follicle grow back? Do he only extract a single follicle out of a multihair graft? I'm very curious as to how it is done.

Sam1870 - I can get down to a #clipper on the back and sides with no issue. I may even be able to get down to a #2 but have not tried yet.

I did get a trico closure.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

hello Can't Decide, you said you can get to a # clipper but you did not put the #? Where did you have your procedure, and how do you feel your head after the transplant? do you fail pain or tightness and numbness? or you feel 100% normal in your head? I heard many complications can arise with the strip.

I meant that I can get down to a # 3 clipper. My head feels pretty normal. See my hair loss web page for my story. I had mine with Dr Rahal and it was huge at over 5000 grafts. My donor I suppose can feel ever so slightly sensitive at times but really nothing that presents a problem at all. I am sure with time, it will dissappear completely but again, remember that I had a monster procedure done.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

FUE for Norwood 6 is not advisable, However there is only one doctor who would accept it without any argues and he is Dr. Jose Lorenzo. He performs only FUE and he is Damn good in it.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I agree with what others are saying: for a Norwood 6, a FUT megasession is probably a far better option. However, keep researching and consulting with trusted physicians.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Well anyone knows the direct contact to Dr Lorenzo? he is not answering his emails, or maybe I am sending email to the wrong address, Please advise

joselorenzo@injertocapilar.com

I have been in contact with him in the last week or so. Sometimes he replies within 24 hours, sometimes it takes a week. He handles his emails personally. He is very busy, he told me some sessions can take 16 hours. He does have a 2,000 graft limit per session. I think there is also an email exclusively for consultation inquires but they do have a LONG(some say 6 months) waiting list for procedures. He does reply in fluent English. Please let me know what he says.

do you know what is injertocapila in Argentina, I tried calling them and they are with injertocapilar as well, Dr Lorenzo is not answering his email yet, do you know anything about argentina location it is on there website.

I agree with what others are saying: for a Norwood 6, a FUT megasession is probably a far better option.

OMG, this, IMHO, is diabolical. But that is because I cannot handle a balding crown and thick hair behind it. Maybe just me. To me I think..

A Norwood 6 - a massive strip??

Bad move. (unless over 60 yrs old??)

Slow and modest FUE is the way to go for a NW6. (and then SMP)

There is a good case for a NW6 from Hasson and Wong going around the forums now, and he is not happy. Check it out. And with the massive scar you will have, what will be your options? You will have to grow out the back no matter what. Never mind people saying they can 3# guard the back. The illusion of volume needs length at the front fro it to work!! So you need hair at the back to both cover the scar as well as balance the picture. Result = bald crown. Try buzzing = no illusion, scar? Trap. See what I mean. Modest FUE with SMP a better option fro most. But as I say. If you dig a bald crown, strip is the way for a NW6.

OMG, this, IMHO, is diabolical. But that is because I cannot handle a balding crown and thick hair behind it. Maybe just me. To me I think..

A Norwood 6 - a massive strip??

Bad move. (unless over 60 yrs old??)

Slow and modest FUE is the way to go for a NW6. (and then SMP)

There is a good case for a NW6 from Hasson and Wong going around the forums now, and he is not happy. Check it out. And with the massive scar you will have, what will be your options? You will have to grow out the back no matter what. Never mind people saying they can 3# guard the back. The illusion of volume needs length at the front fro it to work!! So you need hair at the back to both cover the scar as well as balance the picture. Result = bald crown. Try buzzing = no illusion, scar? Trap. See what I mean. Modest FUE with SMP a better option fro most. But as I say. If you dig a bald crown, strip is the way for a NW6.

Can you put me out to the NW 6 patient that isn't happy? I'm genuinely curious about this.