Top 5 fue surgeons?

mb30

• Administrators

The best surgeons are the ones who ACTUALLY perform the surgery, a lot of FUE surgeons in Europe don't perform the surgery themselves and many times do zero of the extraction, when considering doctors you need to find out how involved they are in the surgery, with FUE you can not afford to have it done by techs, FUT you could get away with it, it's actually the norm, but different story with FUE, I believe Dr. Umar does the extractions himself, Dr. Saifi in Poland.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

, I believe Dr. Umar does the extractions himself, Dr. Saifi in Poland.

Dr. Umar does indeed do every extraction, all injections, all slits, etc. He has two experienced techs that do the implantation.

The best surgeons are the ones who ACTUALLY perform the surgery, a lot of FUE surgeons in Europe don't perform the surgery themselves and many times do zero of the extraction, when considering doctors you need to find out how involved they are in the surgery, with FUE you can not afford to have it done by techs, FUT you could get away with it, it's actually the norm, but different story with FUE, I believe Dr. Umar does the extractions himself, Dr. Saifi in Poland.

Thanks HTsoon.

I definitely want FUE so will double check with Dr Rahal and Shapiro.. i was going for them as they both seem to have great reputations, good results and experience/respect over a long time......Anyone know if they are still as good as they used to be?

thanks

• Administrators
Thanks HTsoon.

I definitely want FUE so will double check with Dr Rahal and Shapiro.. i was going for them as they both seem to have great reputations, good results and experience/respect over a long time......Anyone know if they are still as good as they used to be?

thanks

Dr. Rahal is a great surgeon, but I think the majority of his work is FUT, if you look at most of his good results they're FUT, Dr. Shapiro I think is a better FUE Doctor, but not the best in my opinion, Dr. Lorenzo was the best, but now he has techs doing extractions, Dr. Umar is one of the few true FUE doctors that still do extractions, another thing to consider is how many FUE surgeries is the doctor doing a week, I don't think too many patients go for FUE for Rahal or Shapiro. I'm considering Dr. Bhatti myself as well as Dr. Umar, both of these doctors do majority FUE and have good results. I think when choosing a surgeon that does both, you have to make sure the results you're seeing aren't FUT.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Dr. Rahal is a great surgeon, but I think the majority of his work is FUT, if you look at most of his good results they're FUT, Dr. Shapiro I think is a better FUE Doctor, but not the best in my opinion, Dr. Lorenzo was the best, but now he has techs doing extractions, Dr. Umar is one of the few true FUE doctors that still do extractions, another thing to consider is how many FUE surgeries is the doctor doing a week, I don't think too many patients go for FUE for Rahal or Shapiro. I'm considering Dr. Bhatti myself as well as Dr. Umar, both of these doctors do majority FUE and have good results. I think when choosing a surgeon that does both, you have to make sure the results you're seeing aren't FUT.

Matt Z, SMG's Patient Director, had his FUE with Dr. Ron and posted pics. I saw him in person as well. Came out very nicely and quite natural looking.

Ive been speaking to following about an FUE procedure:

Dr Baubac (alviarmani)

Dr Rahal

Shapiro

Cant decide and now reading the above it seems i should be considering a bunch of others too (including outside of NA).... any views on who would be good for c3000 FUE worldwide?

I honestly think that Dr Baubac doesn't play in the same league that Rahal and Shapiro.

But it depends on how your alopecia is. If you are looking for a very first line, Rahal is the "special one".

I honestly think that Dr Baubac doesn't play in the same league that Rahal and Shapiro.

But it depends on how your alopecia is. If you are looking for a very first line, Rahal is the "special one".

Thanks for the input The Spanish. Baubac is actually one of the most expensive I had contacted but soooooo little info on him in the forums...

I'm leaning towards Dr. Rahal right now, but he doesn't use all that ATP/ACELL stuff which I've heard is very good for fast healing and maintaining the grafts outside the body ( Shapiro Brothers do). Thinking of adding Dr feller to the shortlist now.. arghhhh:confused:

think at i will have to just pick one and take the plunge in stead of delaying the procedure!

• Administrators
Thanks for the input The Spanish. Baubac is actually one of the most expensive I had contacted but soooooo little info on him in the forums...

I'm leaning towards Dr. Rahal right now, but he doesn't use all that ATP/ACELL stuff which I've heard is very good for fast healing and maintaining the grafts outside the body ( Shapiro Brothers do). Thinking of adding Dr feller to the shortlist now.. arghhhh:confused:

think at i will have to just pick one and take the plunge in stead of delaying the procedure!

Dr. Feller is good at FUT, he does not believe in FUE as a procedure, and I wouldn't want a physician that is not 100% positive he could get good results doing FUE doing my procedure.

View my thread

Dr. Feller is good at FUT, he does not believe in FUE as a procedure, and I wouldn't want a physician that is not 100% positive he could get good results doing FUE doing my procedure.

Thanks HTsoon. I got that sense when reading around on Fellers website (but having said that, i also got the same feel on Rahal and Shapiro's too!)

When you guys refer to Shaprio, is that Ron or Paul?

My next deciding factor will be clarifying who uses manual extraction and has the more hands on approach (vs. use of their technicians).

appreciate all the replies so far! - preaching to the choir i know, but hair loss can be a very depressing and lonely time.. really glad i joined HRN!

Thanks HTsoon. I got that sense when reading around on Fellers website (but having said that, i also got the same feel on Rahal and Shapiro's too!)

My next deciding factor will be clarifying who uses manual extraction and has the more hands on approach (vs. use of their technicians).

appreciate all the replies so far! - preaching to the choir i know, but hair loss can be a very depressing and lonely time.. really glad i joined HRN!

Ron is the better of the two

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Ron for sure. He hand trained Paul, so you want to go with the master as aposed to the student.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post, I have been reading posts on this board for years and finally getting ready to take the plunge. I am 36 years old and whilst thinning slightly, my hairline has been fairly consistent for close to a decade now. I am based in California and have had a few initial consultations and was told that I would be looking at around 2500 grafts using FUE to obtain my desired result. Some of the fine doctors on this thread have changed techniques over the years, may use more or less technicians for their work. At present I am looking at Dr Umar if I stay locally, if I am willing to get on a plane then Ron Shapiro or Dr Rahal both seem realistic, Dr Rahal seemed expensive for FUE before but with the weak canadian dollar I am now getting a 30% discount. Any thoughts on these 3 doctors?