Wayne Rooney Hair update.

chrisdav

Rooney's captaining England against San Marino tonight (12.10.12), pre-match interviews shows him (mostly) going au natural in regards to concealer, his hair gain looks good, i really do, just Google (images) Rooney and you'll see how far he's come, well done Rooney lad!

3 headers tonight from Rooney would be great amd if there isn't any mention about HTs during the game from the commentary, then that shows how far HTs have come to being the norm if you know what i mean...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rooneys had a vast improvement cosmetically from where he was Pre HT. However hes still using concealer in my opinion. From the pics i have seen with him without he needs another op to increase density. It looks quite see through.

His hair looks much better shorter. Last season he was growing it out longer but it looked odd and slightly like a comb over.

You can still see some very slight differences in colouring so it's definitely full of concealer, but he still looks great and with a HUGE improvement.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

i agree it looks great short, has a stringy look to it when he grows it out, thought it looked poor during the euros for a while. Wonder what concealer he uses, must be pretty powerful stuff to not rub off when he heads the ball or is playing a match in the lashing rain, ive used nanogen fibres before and that wouldnt hold up under those conditions

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

Now that I have purchased a can of Mane I wouldnt be surprised if that's what he's using.

It definately looked good at the weekend. Keeping it short is best for him.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 5 months later...

Rooney had his second HT at the same clinic on saturday. Apparently it took 9 hours, i wonder how many grafts he got. I thought his donor looked pretty thin to me, but its going to be interesting to see how this one turns out, because i didint think his first one was that great.

It has been in all the major papers/websites.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Let's not get big headed here guys eh, rememer how his hairline was before surgery and then after, OK perhaps to some here it isn't a FANTASTIC result (which for the record i think it was/is!), to the average person on the street, this guy looks like he has hair!!

Another HT will only give extra structure and density, so back off i say.

The guy has major commitments so chose the HT doc right for him, we can speculate as much as we like but there is no denying this chap has the balls to go and do what he likes, compared to many on here (me included) who don't even use their own name in their profile, as if the world is watching our every move, haa.

Go, Rooney!!

Whatever about the clinic/surgeons abilities, the bloke was snapped by the poolside in direct sunshine on his hols, days after his original op.

I don't think he gave himself much of a chance, so when you take that into account it probably wasn't a shockingly bad outcome. You can be sure that sunlight wan't the only post-op blunder Rooney made. Chlorinated water being another. He was most likely boozing quite heavily around this time too. I have an image of the people around him 'petting' it in the weeks after it. Not to mention he would have been heading a football 2-3 weeks post op. I can't imagine him repeatedly applying the proper solutions to keep it moist. Then there is the concealer side of things.

You could go on and on.

Either way, I don't think he is particularly well educated on the whole HT front. Either that or he is just ignorant of the guidelines / requirements.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

How anyone can say this is a fantastic result is beyond me.

I agree, and there is a lot of worse photo's than that of him. It wasnt a good result at all. 2 HT now at the age of 26 ! Probably out of donor now aswell, if he starts to dip at the back and progress to a nw7, he is going to look very odd.

Rooney only got the frontal third done, I can't understand what you guys were expecting. A second operation to cover top would be great for him.

As an aside, Iniesta's hair loss looked aggressive early on, but it seems to have stabilized. If he takes medications, I think an HT would benefit him. But it doesnt look like it bothers him that much.

Hair transplants are only for a select few ppl I'm starting to think, example, bill is one of those few, he had over 10k extracted , witch only a few ppl can pull , most people get it done and it looks good, then do another and it looks good, but in the end you won't have enuf :(

I must admit I was a bit too harsh on Rooney's work at first but I do agree with you KO.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

When Rooney has it short it looks great. You have to watch old clips to see really how far he's come - it's not an amazing result but the 2nd pass should really help him.

You have to realise he was bald as f--- and he didn't exactly go to a great surgeon, so all things considered it's a very decent result which should improve a lot.

He should have done more research though.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I agree, and there is a lot of worse photo's than that of him. It wasnt a good result at all. 2 HT now at the age of 26 ! Probably out of donor now aswell, if he starts to dip at the back and progress to a nw7, he is going to look very odd.

Agreed,he is going to run out of donor eventually.I think he did make a mistake going for a transplant so early. Concealers are making his 1st transplant look way better than the reality