Wayne Rooney Hair update.

chrisdav

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lets say he gets 5000 FUE. Even it is just covers the frontal 2/3rd, he is likely set for some time. He can shave it down still and with concelers at a short length (which he does not mind) he looks great. Atheltes are particular. If he knows he looks good on the pitch and the baldy comments stop, then he probably feels better. I love the fact he owns up to it all.

Any prominent figure, be he an actor, politician, footballer or whoever, who is open about their hair transplant, makes it easier for the rest of us. I don't follow football but I salute Rooney for his honesty.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Any prominent figure, be he an actor, politician, footballer or whoever, who is open about their hair transplant, makes it easier for the rest of us. I don't follow football but I salute Rooney for his honesty.

Totally agree Matt.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I noticed some recent pics of Wayne's hair and he is seriously thinning at the crown. Must have forgotten to put on his concealers after the long flight.

There's also this article below from when he was photographed after a hair cut, again without concealers. It looks pretty clear to me that all he has on top now is the transplanted hair and he'd be a full norwood 6. This suggests he's either not on propecia or its not worked for him at all, beacause according to his patient profile at the Harley Street Hair Clinic he was NW3 prior to his first procedure and it did look like his crown was ok.

I personally still think he looks better than he would have without any work done.

Wayne Rooney reveals fresh bald patch as he steps out for a hair cut | Mail Online

article-2669244-1F1D47A600000578-118_964x691.jpg

I think I read somewhere that he did try Propecia but didn't continue with it for whatever reasons. This seems to make sense to me looking at his transplant. I would guess that he had a transplant without being on Propecia and while the result looked good at around 12 months he started to loose his native hair around the transplant and in other areas of the scalp quite quickly. He had another transplant a year ago which I presume was to increase density and also cover areas he'd lost. He seems to be chasing loss through transplants without his hair loss being stable. I suspect his next treatment may be on the crown. I would imagine his donor reserves will be on the low side by now. Maybe England's short lived World Cup bid will leave him a bit of time to get another top up!

Yes they are :) I read recently that the Arsenal manager having a pop at some of his players who were taking 'hair pills' saying that maybe it made them perform less well! Although he didn't mention the names but clearly he was talking about Propecia!

I would be interested in just how many grafts he actually had in his 2 Hts so far. Yes he is now continuing to chase his loss which will be a nightmare if he has to have crown work done. Thats going to eat up his remaining donor area fast.

Lets face it he is not in a good position.

London I am having between 3000 and 3500 all to the front. My vertex is not too bad and I am hoping I can maintain the same with Propecia. Counting down the days! Look forward to seeing your results in the next few weeks :-)

He should have gone with a top surgeon, especially knowing that Dr. Lorenzo works in England. Unfortunately, too many people place cosmetic surgery in the same category as buying a new TV.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Yeah it looks like he's not taking meds, they are very important, and I don't think this is because he simply didn't select a "top" surgeon or strip, even the greatest surgeon would not be able to offer much if you continually lose hair. Come on Wayne do it! Go give Dr Lorenzo a call and he will set you straight.

He should have gone with a top surgeon, especially knowing that Dr. Lorenzo works in England. Unfortunately, too many people place cosmetic surgery in the same category as buying a new TV.

i guess going to a expensive doctor doesn't always mean good results

• 2 months later...

Yep with him clearly not on any Meds for whatever reasons or maybe he may of tryed & he had some major SE who knows IMHO he was always fighting a loosing battle without Meds

I'm not a manky / rooney but respect to him for doing what he did.

I for one wished he done a lot more window shopping ask a bunch more questions then maybe just maybe he won't be in this situation he clearly is today. I feel for the fella TBH.

Yep the HT didn't look all that & if he would have jumped on a red eye (plane) he would of got the best in the business with the best advise for the future.

It seems to me that he was badly advised on this life time project & even tho rooney came out of the closett which helped such people like us, I don't think there be Brownie points for the HT industry in general after seeing such a celeb being draged through the stingy nettles the way he has with below average HT.

If I was him in that situation I would of done the Tatto & with his short croped hair we are all used to seening every wk end is doing the Tatto with a perfect hairline & crown would have been a stella look for him...maybe that is all the options he may have in the end it sad to say.

The guy is only human like all of us & feels the hair loss pain just as much if not more.

I think his result is fine and shows the realities of what it can look like if you have average donor hair and extensive baldness.

He took a bit of a gamble doing it so young. I guess they considered his dad's hair loss pattern - which seems to have maintained hair in the Crown - and planned accordingly.

Strip would not have been an option for him because of the recovery time.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 1 year later...
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I noticed some recent pics of Wayne's hair and he is seriously thinning at the crown. Must have forgotten to put on his concealers after the long flight.

There's also this article below from when he was photographed after a hair cut, again without concealers. It looks pretty clear to me that all he has on top now is the transplanted hair and he'd be a full norwood 6. This suggests he's either not on propecia or its not worked for him at all, beacause according to his patient profile at the Harley Street Hair Clinic he was NW3 prior to his first procedure and it did look like his crown was ok.

I personally still think he looks better than he would have without any work done.

Wayne Rooney reveals fresh bald patch as he steps out for a hair cut | Mail Online

article-2669244-1F1D47A600000578-118_964x691.jpg

I actually think this looks great, all things considered. You have to consider the fact that Rooney is what I would scientifically term "properly bald", so to get to a point where you can have a full looking head of hair with transplant and concealers? Pretty darn good. Also, it looks like he's still got room to add some more density in the mid and crown area