Corvettester's 6 Month Update: Dr. Dorin 1,300 FUT

corvettester

Gentlemen,

Here I am at 6 months post-op from my second hair transplant with Dr. Dorin. It’s going pretty well and I’m more than satisfied with the overall result and yield thus far. It’s good to know that I still have quite a bit of maturing to look forward to and perhaps a little more new growth.

All of my problem areas from my first procedure have been addressed and rectified. For example, I now have a right temple peak! It’s coming along nicely. My left temple has filled in well too. The immediate center of my hairline is much better and I’m sure that in another 6 months will look on par with the rest of my frontal third.

A few things worth mentioning… I experienced virtually no numbness post-op, significantly less pain, much quicker recovery and a fraction of the pimples that I had after my first procedure. More importantly, I quit obsessing over my hair transplant and rarely think about it.

Also, my scar is coming along quite nicely. I saw it for the first time yesterday and couldn’t have been more pleased. It’s a little itchy and tingly these days because hairs are growing through, which is a good thing. It will be well hidden.

It looks good and I no longer have a widow’s peak. For the first time in my life, I have worn my hair combed back in social situations on two separate occasions. All in all, I’m quite happy. I’m sure that this is going to turn out to be a great result.

You can find more pics in my hair loss blog, link below... wasn't my best hair day and these pics do no justice to the actual result. It looks great in person!

Corvettester

5b32d16fec44c_FrontCrop1.jpg.de82513a18f600e6b49be221fd282deb.jpg

5b32d17006499_LeftCrop1.jpg.d3a6b06d0a791e2cf48bb5079a70aaed.jpg

5b32d170180c6_LeftCrop2.jpg.9379b275baa778d5a9b8fe0eea64c9a0.jpg

5b32d170296af_LeftCrop3.jpg.297d3a89f5b54ad37d7e254254f8d01f.jpg

5b32d170417fd_RightCrop1.jpg.052fd9e820ca0b38f5face955826896a.jpg

5b32d170585d0_RightCrop2.jpg.879e4233f23b0202858577e92252867c.jpg

5b32d1706935b_RightCrop3.jpg.9dbe201c81fe2994b9ae099bcd9d2b83.jpg

(9).jpg.014804185a087587bad77ccf54b81ae8.jpg

(12).jpg.e83cbe8856ac0960560265b2254e419c.jpg

(11).jpg.a7e3a65f93293a7ee7471665b0118e1f.jpg

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

I think you have a lot of maturing to go. You really seem on track and you crown looks really solid, so your future is bright. Also, I sent u a pm.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Corv,

Looking really good for six months. I was just checking around for some updates on you just the other day. It's nice to see that you pretty much have full yield - now it's just a matter of getting those new short hairs to blend in with your longer hairs with more length and maturation. The scar looks fantastic. Thanks again for the highest definition pictures we could ask for.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Corv,

Congratulations! You know I've followed your progress since the very beginning and it's just amazing how good your hair looks with the new hairline. I'm thrilled for you. Cant' wait to see what the remaining six months bring.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Coming along really nicely, Corv! I also agree that your crown is perfect. I think you are set for a very long time. You are one of the lucky ones with limited loss.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I fine you're hairline looks like pubic hair..

Montreal,

You're absolutely right: the initial new growth totally looks like pubes! lol! Fortunately, due to my first HT, they blend well with the surrounding hair so it's not noticeable, unless you take a close up still photo as I have done.

Yes, I'm still in the ugly duckling phase.

That is how it is for many of us and that it how it was after my first procedure too. Of course, that is only for the first inch or two of growth. Afterwards, as it matures, it comes out quite nicely and is indistinguishable from the native, surrounding hair. I cannot tell the difference and I don't know how anyone else could either...

For your edification, let me direct you to a thread I started, with several photos, where we discuss at length immature, new growth. Here you'll be able to see the actual hairs up close in all their pubescent glory! For more pics, check out my Hair Restoration Journal entry on the subject, links below.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/162220-new-growth-wispy-straggly-new-hairs.html

Hair Restoration Journal -New Growth Update

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Looks great Corv. Since we are at about the same stage, I follow you and it helps. Although I have kept my hair fairly short, I think you may inspire me to grow it out a little again, for the first time in a long time. :)

Just had my 6 month follow-up appointment. I posted my results in my initial thread and will have them in my photo area.

I can't wait for my "pubes" to start straightening out a little, but overall it is such a small price to pay (time-wise) to wait for those to mature. A little hairspray or blow dry, and you can't even tell. :)

Best of luck, and I am very happy for you.

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

Looks good Corv...ur now rocking the NW 1!!! congrats...and u still have more growth ahead of you. Did you receive my PM I sent you a while back? Hope all is well!

You are the psoter child for HTs. It just goes to show that with research, diligence and patience you can get amazing results. Aren't we lucky to have these options in 2012? Glad you have a life outside of the Forums, but I ditto the comment that you have been missed. Check in from time to time...and keep us updated!