6 Month Update, Dr. Ron Shapiro, 3048 Grafts

orlhair1

Looking good orlhair. Can't wait to see the check up photos from SMG.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good. With Dr. Ron Shapiro work I have no comments. Looks so natural and refined. Very beautiful hairline indeed.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Orl, Looking good bro! My crown has been taking a long time too but I continually see progress and can still feel stubble back there. Dr. Feller explained to me that it has to do with blood supply. You certainly have enough coverage so it only looks like it's thinning, far from bald. Good continued growing!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hairthere, thanks for the comments. I am still feeling stubble in the crown as well. Definitely excited. You must be getting pumped for your upcoming HT in February. Looking forward to following it.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

• 3 weeks later...

I had the chance to visit SMG this week and it was great to see everyone and talk to Matt, Janna and Dr. Ron about my results. Being there reminded me of why I love recommending SMG.....they are all just great people and their work speaks for itself. Very happy with my result....it was everything I expected and more......and I am still just at 7.5 months. When I look at the before pics, it reminds me that I did not have a hairline at all before my HT!!

I did talk about having another procedure. Based on how satisfied I am, I think I want to do a little more. I don't want to do anything to the hairline itself because I could not ask for it to be any better and more natural. I would like to bring the corners out a little bit and Dr. Ron felt that I could do that as well as thicken up a couple of areas as well. I will probably schedule something this summer for another 1,500 - 2000 grafts. I will still have plenty for down the road if I need it.

Here are the photos. I had used some grooming cream that day rather than the typical American Crew Fiber, so the hair is a little more clumped together than it usually is.

Image5.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image1.jpg

Image.jpg

Mighty fine there orlhair. No more forward comb over for you sir.

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

great pics...def see a great difference...congrats!!!

I agree, the work looks great. 7.5 months and you can clearly see the improvement. Do you think you will need another 1500-2000 grafts for the corners? I think the front of the hairline looks great. The midscalp and crown definitely have improvement as well. Where do you plan on adding density? Can't wait to see the next update.

Thanks guys for the comments!

Hairthere....hair greed is contagious.....seeing your post op pics reinforced wanting to go back for more!

Sean, it would not take 1500 - 2000 to do the corners. I would probably want to add some grafts behind the hairline work. In my first procedure, most of the grafts went into the hairline with about 1/3 into the top crown area. I would not go back for density right now if I was not going to do the corners. In talking it through, it made sense to me to go ahead and add a little density while I am there to do the corners. I would probably add it just behind the hairline into the mid scalp area, but I will need to wait and see how things fully develop at the one year mark to make the final call on where I would add some density. Any thoughts on that plan?

Orlhair,

Thanks for allowing us to take a short video of your 7.5 months result. Due to your hair color and products in your hair, your result looks better in person than it does in these photos and video. It's been fun following your progress. We really appreciate your consistent documentation of our ht journey.

Here's your short video:

Thanks Janna, No question about it.....looks much better in person than in photos. I wish I had not used the grooming cream that day. Looks much better with the American Crew Fiber which is what I use most of the time and what I have in most of my other photos. It is amazing how different products can make your hair look so much different.

Orl, I would wait till the 1 year mark. But I agree if you go in to close off the temples via strip you may as well add more density behind it. If you opt for FUE that's a different story.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Great video. I like the idea of incorporating more video results - like H&W has been doing. Adds a whole other dimension.

Looking great orlhair congrats!! Great that you're thinking about going back for more but I have to say that your result is definitely a "stand alone" procedure. If the healing and down time of the first procedure wasn't too bad for you I say go for it in regard to doing another one.

Thanks guys. I agree that it is stand alone.........hair greed is really setting in :) I really think closing off the corners would be another big improvement. Really the surgery and recovery is not that bad.....first few days were uncomfortable, then it was pretty mild as things returned to normal.

Thanks guys.....I appreciate the comments.

Modenese, it is hard to stop smiling......never really thought I would have a nice hairline again until I decided to go for it :)

Wow looks so natural and refined. A bit of Nanogen or Toppik and you will be like NW1 :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thanks guys for the comments!

Hairthere....hair greed is contagious.....seeing your post op pics reinforced wanting to go back for more!

Sean, it would not take 1500 - 2000 to do the corners. I would probably want to add some grafts behind the hairline work. In my first procedure, most of the grafts went into the hairline with about 1/3 into the top crown area. I would not go back for density right now if I was not going to do the corners. In talking it through, it made sense to me to go ahead and add a little density while I am there to do the corners. I would probably add it just behind the hairline into the mid scalp area, but I will need to wait and see how things fully develop at the one year mark to make the final call on where I would add some density. Any thoughts on that plan?

Orlhair, I think adding to corners and adding hair behind the hairline is a reasonable plan. I don't really think you need it cuz it really does look good but if you want it then go for it. Your hairline suits your face really well. I agree with you though, add density only if you decide to go back for the work on corners if you decide to do so (knock it out in one session). Sounds like a great plan, but you look good right now. Let's see how it looks in another 4-5 months. I been watching your progress updates for a while and It seems to get better and better every month and I think you still will see improvement in density in areas you might have been considering adding density. You'll be able to make that call at the one year mark. You really got great coverage and the work is friggen amazing.