6 Month Update, Dr. Ron Shapiro, 3048 Grafts

orlhair1

Thanks Hariri and Sean.

Sean, thanks for the insight......I was always skeptical of the concept tha you would see improvement after 7 months when your growth starts early like yours and mine did. But I definitely agree that I continue to see improvement. Looking forward to seeing your updates!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am just a week short of 10 months since my surgery. Thrilled with the results. My scar is almost undetectable. I can't even find it, but Dr. Ron was able to locate it after looking around when I went to see him in Feb. for a check up. I have buzzed my hair down really short (equal to a 2) and not any sign of having a HT. I get a lot of compliments on my hair and people ask what I am doing to look so young for my age. :) I took a few photos this morning and have posted them here. You can see my complete photo documentation from the beginning by clicking on my link below the photos.

I am planning on going back for more (yes, hair greed has set in). I am planning an FUE of 1500 grafts to fill in the corners some and thicken up one or two spots. Not necessary for sure, but something I want to do because round one was such a success. I am going FUE because I have an undetectable scar, so why risk it? I have been very impressed with the FUE work coming out of SMG. I will either have the second surgery in June or July depending on Dr. Ron's schedule.

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Looking great there orlhair! I think it's great you're going for a second round the summer. Very exciting stuff! I personally would go for another strip - especially since it worked out so well for you first time around. You can always go for more FUE after you've stripped out. But I understand if you want to be careful with the scar. Either way, you are in great hands!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Lookin gooood! Congrats...glad everything worked out for u!!!

Orlhair, lookin good. I can understand you don't want to take any chances with another strip scar especially since the one you have is perfect. You can't even tell a thing. I can't wait to see your updates and your next FUE procedure. You really do look great and I enjoy seeing your updates.