Dr feller is proposing to sue me for my comments on the htn: My response.

jessie1

Good comments, one and all. The only resolution I can see going forward is for Dr. Feller to immediately cease and desist any and all legal action against this poster.

Let this be a lesson to ALL doctors on this forum: You may win in a court of law, but you will lose in a court of public opinion. Real men step up and try to rectify their patients complaints, not silence them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Good luck to doctor feller because the poor guy lives in the UK. I can't imagine the UK authorities agreeing to an extradition order. I wouldn't be concerned at all. Who would want to go to a doctor who threatens to sue his clients.

Regards rod

Guys,

While I don't want to come across in defense of Dr. Feller nor do I support lawsuits, I think we need to define "free speech", what it really means and how it applies to this community.

Free Speech is only protected by the law when it is free from intentionally malicious and false statements. Thus if we find that a post or poster is not genuine we reserve the right to remove such posts. Furthermore, I don't begrudge someone from defending themselves against being unfairly maligned, especially on such a popular public discussion forum such as ours. After all, any false statements are potentially damaging to one's reputation, something world renowned physicians take very seriously.

The claim Dr. Feller is making is that Jessie is posting knowingly false statements related to disclosure. If this is true, then this no longer falls within the realm of free speech. It's defamation. See "Free Speech and Accountability on this Forum" to learn more about free speech and how this community holds both physicians and patients accountable for their results and statements.

Furthermore, if Dr. Feller is right and Jessie is indeed making these false statements in an attempt to acquire something from Dr. Feller (free surgery, a refund, etc.), this is legally considered extortion.

I will be the first to admit that Dr. Feller can be a bit aggressive and exaggerates at times. But if the above is true, then I don't begrudge Dr. Feller for doing what he has to in order to defend himself.

Personally, I like Jessie. He comes across very sincere and genuine. But the fact that Jessie is so quick to retract his statements and ask the moderators of this community to remove/edit his statements (which we will not do), he's either 1) admitting guilt or 2) fearful of the prospect of a potential lawsuit. It's also quite possible that it's both. However, if what Jessie posted is the truth, then he genuinely has nothing to fear and should stand behind his statements.

Having spoken with Dr. Feller, he has no interest in suing Jessie. He only wishes Jessie to cease and desist making false statments that he feels are in direct contradiction of what Jessie signed in the disclosure forms at his office. This really only became a major issue for Dr. Feller when Jessie showed no signs of stopping after rehashing the same information on his latest topic "Two failed FUTs, then FUE, then back to FUT for upcoming HT#4 - Why oh Why?"

Again, I encourage both Jessie and Dr. Feller to sit down and have a civil discussion in order to resolve their differences without putting even more money in lawyer's pockets.

Bill

Guys,

I will be the first to admit that Dr. Feller can be a bit aggressive and exaggerates at times.

Bill

I don't know what the truth is here. I definitely wish Jessie luck in achieving his goals. I do believe that his expectations were unrealistic and that perhaps he only heard what he wanted to hear during the lead up to his surgery and the dispute with Dr. Feller that followed. I have felt that some of his claims did not make sense. I have seen a lot of Dr. Feller's work that I thought was excellent. I also think it is appropriate for him to defend himself if he feels he is being unfairly attacked on this forum. However, in my opinion he should take the high road and do so in the most professional and respectful manner. I think your quote above is being kind. In this case and a couple of others, he goes on the attack. That is his choice, but I think it scares prospective patients away.........I would not consider going to a doctor who attacks like that no matter how good his skills are. There is an appropriate way for a professional to defend themselves in public and I respect that, but the attack method is not appropriate even if Jessie is in the wrong here.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

orlhair, Dr. Feller is alleging that Jessie knowingly made false statements in order to harm his reputation and to extort from him. I am a bit surprised that no one on this thread aside from Bill recognizes the severity of this situation and that if it is indeed true, Dr. Feller had every right to react the way he did.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

jessie,you really need to respond to these allegations,again you claim you did nothing wrong ,so i say again i would never back down to anyone ever if i truly did NOTHING WRONG.i woud fight it to the end ,you can put an end to all this he said/he said .no one likes bullies but you are makin it seem that you might not be tellin the whole truth.so for the sake of the community clear this up

I don't see how any one of the forum members can claim to know who is in the right and who is in the wrong in this situation. It's a typical he said/she said scenario. This industry has seen countless patients being taken advantage of by unethical doctors, so the impulse to defend the patient in this case is understandable. However, physicians work very hard to establish and maintain their reputations and any attempt to defame and extort needs to be taken seriously by them. As for the forum community, we should not be presumptuous in a case in which we do not know all of the facts.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

It seems strange that of all the HT docs in the world, the one who's considered the most talented seems like the least secure about his reputation.

Imagine if you owned a restaurant and it was reviewed heavily on Yelp. The positive ratings are 95%. But for those 5% bad reviews, you swooped in and argued with the patron or threatened retaliation. Every business has online reviewers. It's understood that they aren't always reliable. It seems like Feller is shooting himself in the foot in more and more cases these days, rather than sitting back and being content that his reputation is otherwise so sterling, as any Google search demonstrates.

At this rate, his reputation as a surgeon is going to suffer for reasons that have nothing to do with his medical skills. Aaron is right that we shouldn't jump to conclusions, but the defensiveness we've all seen in this past year in the forums does seem like overkill.

Edited by multiplier

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

"Imagine if you owned a restaurant and it was reviewed heavily on Yelp. The positive ratings are 95%. But for those 5% bad reviews, you swooped in and argued with the patron or threatened retaliation. Every business has online reviewer"

We're not talking about a bad review here guys, we're talking about making up false info and extortion. Multiplier, if someone went on Yelp and said your restaurant had rats when it didn't, would you take it lightly?

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hairthere, I support Dr. Feller's position in this mess. I agree that he has every right to defend himself. All I am saying is that it would serve him well to do so in a firm, clear and professional manner rather than come across as an emotional attacker. I have been in the type of position Dr. Feller found himself in here and I understand why he would feel the way he does, but I just think in his position he should keep the emotion in check before he responds in a public way. I think he could do that and get his position across.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

It's sad when this sort of thing happens and I don't have a particular opinion on who is "right" or "wrong", but there is something that I would say in defence of Dr. Feller and hair restoration surgeons in general, even if I don't necessarily condone resorting to the legal system to get things done.

In the public domain a surgeon has much, much more to lose (and a lot more easily) than a patient. If I go get a procedure with a surgeon and it turns out below par, it is very easy for me to come on these boards (or any other public domain) and say that I'm unhappy and that the facts and options weren't made clear to me at the time.

We do see this sort of thing in many other walks of life; politicians/high profile businessmen who get embroiled in sexual assault cases is a common one. Often the evidence is scant and the claims murky but, the crucial point is, the damage is then done. These people lose their jobs and their livelihoods because the general public hear unsubstantiated rumours and comments and take them as fact.

Now, I am in no way accusing Jessie1 of lying or anything of the sort. Nor am I trying to defend Feller's methods. But I do see the frustration doctors like Feller must feel when their hard work can potentially be undermined by a few comments that snowball into a tidal wave of criticism and hearsay that can destroy their businesses. Are the comments regarding Dr. Feller true or false? I don't know. But I can see the difficulty doctors must face when dealing with unhappy patients keen on undermining that doctor's reputation.

I do agree Dr. Feller can be very "emotional" about his line of work; but this cuts both ways. I've heard stories of him helping people who are in dire straits, often giving them free or discounted procedures if circumstances truly warrant it. He's also been a very good contributor to these forums in terms of information and answers. Yes, I would ultimately agree sometimes his emotional approach can seemingly undermine his professionalism a tad, but it can also make him one of the most approachable and caring doctors on these forums.

I don't particularly support suing patients, but, if Feller believes he's in the right (which I assume he very much does), what options would people suggest he is entitled to? At what point is he overstepping the mark in his quest to defend and uphold his reputation?

I don't want to see anybody who is unhappy - doctor or patient. But there are shades of grey in this industry and if both Feller and Jessie1 truly believe they're the victim, and neither feels obligated to compromise their position, then the legal system is the unfortunate last step in a logical chain of progression.

Forum members,

I know that I said that I wouldn't pipe up again but I'm really not comfortable with Bill's perceived verdict with regards to my conduct on this forum. It is not only assuming, but damaging to my reputation if I was to leave it unchallenged.

Now I know that Bill apparently likes me and finds me sincere and genuine and all, but I feel that his attempt NOT to be seen as being over protective of Dr Feller, has done just that I regret to say. I am not comfortable with how its been framed. It's like a closing speech to the jury before they make their verdict.

The issue of being properly informed: I communicated with Spex prior to my procedure. Much significance has been put on this and so it should.**Is this the crux of Dr Feller's libel case? I personally think things have been seriously misconstrued, but that's what happens when the normal Doctor/ patient method of communication fails.

Ok, I have been entirely consistent on both threads highlighted**by Bill. The most recent being when I was directly asked by a dedicated follower of Dr Feller whether I was calling him a liar. I won't get into the specifics, but I merely deferred the matter to Spex given there are fairly significant differences between their accounts on a certain matter. Again, I am not going to get drawn into the fire fight again.

Was there any issue with communication in all this? I think most of us would agree with that. That's why speaking with the Doc personally is which more sensible than speaking with a third party, Spex in this case. The follow up meeting with Spex is an issue which has largely remained unresolved. That's something for Dr Feller and I to discuss.

The issue of extortion. I support Bill's comments. This indeed is a very serious matter. Being accused of extortion without merit is just as serious as the criminal act in itself in my opinion. I appeal to those members you are able to see things objectively and impartially. Read my posts if you wish. Do I really come across as a person out to extort somebody? Many of my comments have been complimentary of Dr Feller you will find. I could elaborate, but my defence of this claim may be best served for another day. Perhaps Dr Feller and I can talk this one through constructively. Its all I have ever wanted, as would most others if they found themselves in the same situation as me.

Reference to withdrawing my negative comments. Does that make me guilty? Guilty of what? How can such a ridiculous inference be drawn from that.

I posted an honest experience, against the odds might I add. It's not difficult to see what I'm talking about when I have been misrepresented so badly just there, even if it's pure speculation. Combine that with the moderators failing to address Dr Feller's outrageous comments towards me and then be effectively ridiculed when stating how violated I felt about them, only to be told that I was 'grossly exaggerating', it's no wonder why there is a strong feeling among forum members of a slightly uneven playing surface.

I fully respect that Dr Feller has a right to defend himself but these far reaching comments did intimidate me. Period. Emotional? Yes, but intimidating all the same.

There are many reasons why I wished to withdraw my comments, among them: FEAR. I am on unfamiliar ground here and who knows what I could be subjected to if the past is anything to go by.**I have suffered enough and won't be going through the ringer again at the behest of this industry.

I have endured a difficult year which extends well beyond the realms of this forum. To compound it, I am 5 days out of a HT and 3500 miles from home in a hotel room with no support. My head is a shed and then I am hit with the prospect of a law suit.

Nice one! I haven't been able to reach Dr Feller for months, despite trying.

As a knock on effect, any decisions taken by me, however they may perceived,**were taken with the wishes of my partner at the very forefront of my mind this time. I have side lined her for too long, allowing my experiences with the industry to consume me.

I take no shame in saying that 'I' is now 'we' . She is in complete bits. Try reassuring your partner about legal retoric and the potential misery and anxiety associated with it and get the go ahead the crack on and fight it all the way. She just wants to see me smiling again.**Am I really that off the wall by prioritising what matters most to me?

I will not delete my comments despite my obvious hightened emotion. I concede that it was premature but done in good faith to all parties concerned. If I thought for one minute that the managing publisher would have rationalised this as a possible guilty plea then I would have stuck to my guns.

Cowardly? Yes I see the merit in that to a certain extent but I have given you an insight on a take it or leave it basis.

I have made contact with Dr Feller and his attorney and they have not been in touch. I am willing to iron this out but we can not change the past can we. I still feel like i was not afforded a completed service despite our discrepancies. I will not water down my experience with Dr Feller but there may be some common ground to work with.

So I extend my offer again to Dr Feller to end this circus and put this matter to bed. It should have been dealt with ages ago.

What should then follow is a closing statement which is fair and impartial to all parties involved. I think the members of this forum also deserve that bearing in mind much of this had been brought into this domain. It would also save a whole lot of speculation.

Jessie

Just to offer additional clarification regarding free speech, the First Amendment, which is the source of the right to speak freely in the United States, only applies to the government, not private actors.

Jessie,

To be honest, I really don't understand the majority of what you said in your last post. You are obviously very emotional and distraught over the idea of a potential lawsuit and I don't blame you for that. But the reality is, if what you said in all of your posts are 100% accurate and without blemish, then you have nothing to fear regarding a potential lawsuit.

Nobody but the parties involved can truly know the specifics of what was said in private conversation. However, the consent form Dr. Feller says you willingly signed contradicts your own words that you were never properly informed of the benefits of FUT over FUE.

Having seen a blank copy of Dr. Feller's consent form, I will quote from paragraph 2:

"FUE technique subjects the target hair follicles to more trauma they would experience when compared to strip technique. As a result, growth yields are consistently lower for FUE grafts. This disadvantage of FUE compared to strip has been fully explained to patient and patient still prefers to have FUE technique utilized for their hair restoration procedure".

If you indeed signed the consent form which includes the above paragraph, how can you claim that you weren't properly informed? Did you not read what you signed? And if you did, if you felt you weren't properly informed of the disadvantages of FUE compared to strip up until that point, wouldn't you take the time and have a conversation with Dr. Feller before the procedure?

But despite the consent form you signed, you basically called Dr. Feller a liar. On a topic I previously linked to, you said in response to forum member "hairthere":

"If you read my post in response to Dr Feller's statement above re him allegedly trying to persuade me to go for FUT all along, then it would have saved you all the unnecessary confusion.

My response to Dr Feller's false claim was pretty much confirmed to be false by Spex ironically.

Look at the direct quote from Spex:

'Spoke to the Doc and he is happy to see you for a session and recommends approx 1000+ session via FUE'"

Jessie, the consent form Dr. Feller says you signed contradicts what you've been saying about being properly informed. This is the problem here. Whether or not you were informed "all along" is one thing, but the consent form Dr. Feller says you signed claims that you were properly and "fully" informed of all the advantages of FUT over FUE before the procedure and still chose to undergo FUE. Thus, to put it bluntly...you are either confused or you are lying.

Furthermore, Spex's comment doesn't help you in any way as Spex could've made this comment in an email after you were already informed of all the advantages of FUT over FUE. I'm not saying this is the case, but I am stating that you haven't proven anything. As you know, putting things in proper context is everything.

I know I sound like I'm taking Dr. Feller's side here. But there's honestly no way you can claim that you weren't properly informed of the benefits of FUT over FUE if you signed a consent form saying that you were. So either you are lying or you were negligent in reading the consent form before signing it.

Regarding extortion, I'm not accusing you. However, attempt at legal extortion occurs when a person uses coercion in an attempt to obtain money, property or services from another person. Thus, if you were lying and posting knowingly false statements on our community in an attempt to obtain free surgery, a refund, etc. then you are guilty. If you are just confused due to your own negligence because you didn't read what you signed, then it may not be. However, even if the latter is true, if you've been posting your confusion in an attempt to obtain free surgery and/or a refund from Dr. Feller, then it may still be considered extortion. I don't know what's been said between you and Dr. Feller privately via email. But if he has proof that you've used this community in an attempt to coerce him to provide you with free services and/or a refund, you may be in trouble here.

If you truly weren't attempting to coerce Dr. Feller into providing you with free goods or services and you were/are simply confused due to your own failure to read the consent form Dr. Feller says you signed, then that's good. However, it's your responsibility to admit your own negligence and do what's necessary to undue any potential damage your confusion has caused.

Perhaps there was also some communication issues on Dr. Feller's side that occurred before you signed the consent form. I'm not arguing against you on that. I'm also not defending Dr. Feller's approach as in my opinion, he could have been more gentle and diplomatic. But your signature on the consent form really does say it all and thus, I can understand why Dr. Feller is angry.

Best wishes,

Bill

I want to add that I feel strongly that physicians should stand by their patients. In fact, we've discontinued physician's recommendations in the past when we've felt physicians have been negligent both in their results and patient care.

However, just as we hold physicians accountable for their results and patient care, patients must be held accountable for their posts and actions. While I feel Jessie is genuinely concerned about his results and is a very likeable person easy to empathize and sympathize with, there's enough evidence to suggest that he's either lying or negligent (failing to read the consent form he signed) related to being adequately informed of the benefits of FUT over FUE. This is clearly why Dr. Feller is angry.

Frankly, I don't believe Dr. Feller would have sent a cease and desist letter to Jessie if he had not started another topic to rehash the same false/negligent (confused) statements.

I truly wish Jessie all the best. But I suggest that instead of working on a defense, that he consider owning up to either his lies or confusion and work to make things right.

As for Dr. Feller, while he can be a bit emotional at times, I do feel that he's a reasonable guy and will be willing to work with Jessie regarding this issue. I see no reason why anyone has to go to court here.

Onwards,

Bill

Jessie1,

You ought to retract all of your comments against Dr. Feller, ask him to drop the lawsuit and move on with your life. Count this as a learning experience. If you go on a public website and make statements that are arguably false, there can be very expensive consequences when the recipient of the statements pushes back.

Hi all , and I suspect there will be a lot of guys reading all this thread ......

I have so far stayed away from this topic out of respect for my surgeon , Dr Feller , I had a sucessful hair transplant with him in 2007 and I'm going back in Jan 2012 , Dr Feller is a good guy and stands by his patients .

It seems alot of people commented on this situation without knowing the full facts , well now you do .

Lets hope in future people are less inclined to comment , throw stones and judge without access to all the infomation .

Dr Feller advised jessie on the pitfalls of FUE and his advice was to perform strip , jessie insisted on FUE , it's in writing on the consent form , jessie signed the consent form . Dr Feller then provided pics of jessie's grown out FUE result , results which , as Bill has commented upon , were very good , jessie got what he wanted but was still not happy .

Throwing mud on a very public forum at his doctor isn't a good idea ,especially when jessie knew he had signed the consent form .

So maybe in future we can all learn from this , jessie included

Richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

I don't think it matters who is right or wrong in terms of the lawsuit. Whatever harm Jessie did to Feller's reputation is nothing in comparison to the harm Feller is doing to his own reputation by suing a former patient, regardless of the merit of the lawsuit. If Feller were to win a monetary settlement or even win an order to quiet or censor Jessie it will pale in comparison to the amount of money he is going to lose by suing a former patient in terms of future prospective business. I don't care if the lawsuit is founded or not. If I was considering a ht with Feller I no longer would be. He should have let this die; it would have been in his best interest.

Greatjob,

Your logic makes zero sense. So basically, what you're saying is that Dr. Feller should simply roll over and allow one of his patients to post knowingly false and potentially damaging statements about him online? If someone was making false accusations against you using your real name and it was being indexed in all the search engines, would you just sit back and let it happen? I highly doubt it.

At this point, Dr. Feller only had his attorney issue Jessie with a cease and desist letter, not a lawsuit. Furthermore, it's not censorship to stop someone from making false and defamatory comments. In fact, free speech is only protected by law when it's free from Intentionally malicious and false statements.

Whether you agree with a physician pursuing legal action against a patient or not, Jessie clearly made statements that contradict the consent form he knowingly signed. Hopefully Jessie will recognize where he went wrong, even if unintentionally and any notion of a potential lawsuit will simply go away.

Bill

Greathair,

Your logic makes zero sense. So basically, what you're saying is that Dr. Feller should simply roll over and allow one of his patients to post knowingly false and potentially damaging statements about him online? If someone was making false accusations against you using your real name and it was being indexed in all the search engines, would you just sit back and let it happen? I highly doubt it.

Bill

That’s not what I'm saying at all. I don't care if he rolls over and takes it or not. What I was saying is that if he was smart he would let this die. There are hundreds if not thousands of positive reviews on Dr. Feller all over the internet this one poor review is going to do little to hurt his reputation as the accusations made by Jessie, in all honesty, weren't that bad. More a case of miscommunication, which I believe is usually the only issue that ever arises with the top clinics. Just look at all the threads that pop up with mediocre results like Jessie's, the clinics don't make a big deal of them and they eventually run their course and die and everyone forgets about them. Little harm is done to the Dr.'s reputation. I doubt Jessie's claim that he was not made clear the disadvantages of fue would have had any effect on feller's reputation or bottom line. However deciding to sue a former patient over it is going to have a big impact on his bottom line. My point was when choosing between the top clinics, Rahal, Hasson & Wong, the Shapiro's, Tru & Dorin, Feller, etc., there is very little difference is skill of the surgeon and the decision usually comes down to comfortably with the doctor. I don’t think most potential patients are going to keep Feller on their short list knowing he needlessly sues former patients. This is the reason Feller should have let this go, he is going to lose way more business from this lawsuit than he ever would have because of Jessie's false claims. There is a reason most large business and corporations settle baseless claims instead of fighting them in court, it’s cheaper.

Edited by greatjob

"...the accusations made by Jessie, in all honesty, weren't that bad."

Really? He claimed Dr. Feller erroneously let him have FUE surgery. The indication is that he was conned into a more expensive, riskier procedure.

greatjob, Dr. Feller did not go public with the lawsuit, Jessie chose to. Jessie also chose to reignite the entire issue in a recent thread. Dr. Feller also claimed Jessie was trying to use this as a means to extort from him. What was to prevent Jessie from further posting untruths about what happened?

Jessie:

I hope they gave you good drugs in Canada---because reading this thread will make your head spin.

You have been accused of being confused, misleading, an extortionist and of posting "knowingly false" statements--and more. All because (in my opinion) you respectfully and tactfully gave your opinion on the result of your FUE HT frrom Dr. Feller. I recognize that others have a different view.

You have moved on. Congrads. My best advice is not to respond to these accusations. Dr. Feller has hired an attorney, and if you continue this dialogue so should you.

You have been accused of extortion. The last time I looked that is a crime in New York. It is a form of larceny:

Extortion is a means by which a larceny is perpetrated. According to NY Penal Law 155.05(2):

A person obtains property by Extortion when he compels or induces another person to deliver such property to himself or to a third person by means of instilling in him a fear that, if the property is not so delivered, the actor or another will:

(i) Cause physical injury to some person in the future; or

(ii) Cause damage to property; or

(iii) Engage in other conduct constituting a crime; or

(iv) Accuse some person of a crime or cause criminal charges to be instituted against him; or

(v) Expose a secret or publicize an asserted fact, whether true or false, tending to subject some person to hatred, contempt or ridicule; or

(vi) Cause a strike, boycott or other collective labor group action injurious to some person`s business; except that such a threat shall not be deemed Extortion when the property is demanded or received for the benefit of the group in whose interest the actor purports to act; or

(vii) Testify or provide information or withhold testimony or information with respect to another`s legal claim or defense; or

(viii) Use or abuse his position as a public servant by performing some act within or related to his official duties, or by failing or refusing to perform an official duty, in such manner as to affect some person adversely; or

(ix) Perform any other act which would not in itself materially benefit the actor but which is calculated to harm another person materially with respect to his health, safety, business, calling, career, financial condition, reputation or personal relationships.

Now lets all stop playing amateur lawyers. There have been absolutely no facts (revealed on this Forum) to suggest you are instilling fear in Dr. Feller to get a free or reduced HT. Is it posting your negative opinion of Dr. Feller on this Forum or your request for a refund/reduced HT that is considered extortion? Don't think so. You and Dr. Feller have a contract. Telling a party that they are or may be in breach (in your opinion) doesn't rise to extortion in my book. The problem seems to be that it is done in a public setting that can affect reputation. I am not a New York lawyer so I should shut up as well as to what is and what is not criminal extortion in New York. Its kind of like porn--you know it when you see it---and this certainly doesn't look like extortion but I willl admit there could be more going on than meets the eye on the surface.

Dr. Feller is entitled to lawyer up and to protect his reputation. But you are no less of a man to decide to go your own way and undergo a HT by a different clinic. You are not a traitor to this Forum (and not worthy of our support) because you wrote a conciliatory post to Dr. Feller and Spex. They should accept your retraction in a graceful manner and move on. I, for one, would be impressed to see such a posting.

The bottom line is that the Forum should be a safe place to express opinions, results, comments, etc. whether positive or negative (especially negative). Of course, we should be mindful how our views can negatively affect a Doctor's reputation and business and should not be cavalier about that. I agree with Bill that the Forum should not tolerate intentional defanmatory comments. But, those that post honest opinions should not feel attacked whether they are right or wrong--as long as the motivations are genuine and do not unfairly malign the hard earned reputations of professionals.

My 2 cents.

Edited by Mountinvan

Trying to decide whether Jessie's telling the truth is pointless. To me, the better question is, "Why does this seem to happen so often with this particular doctor?" I've been on hair boards for a very long time, and I've seen my share of doctor-patient disputes, but I've never seen a recommended clinic with nastier patient feuds than this one. In my opinion, there's simply too much smoke to be no fire.

I should say for the record that I think Feller does decent work. But if you're going to work with the general public, you have to know how to deal with them---including the nutty ones. In my opinion, Feller has absolutely no idea how to handle people. Moreover, he doesn't seem to understand that being a doctor makes him different and imposes a certain standard of behavior upon him.

Medicine is an ancient and revered discipline. In fact, before everybody began referring to themselves as "professionals," that term was reserved exclusively for two lines of work: law and medicine. The rest were just jobs. And it wasn't about money. God knows, bankers and captains of industry always made more than doctors and lawyers. It was about other things, not the least of which was the culture of professionalism, itself: the notion of a man who was both a scholar and a gentleman. And in my opinion, Feller's rants don't acquit him as either---certainly not the latter. To me, he comes off like a construction worker. And I would guess that this has a lot to do with these various feuds. A little tact would go a long way.

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

So Dr. Feller has documentation which proves Jessie knowingly posted false information about his experience on this forum. The doctor has a record of, despite being a pioneer in fue, still pushing for strip surgery as the procedure with superior yield. I know for a fact he gives a thorough consultation and can say aside from the documentation he very likely warned Jessie in person of his best options. Whatever his motives, it is pretty clear that Jessie lied.

Yet for some reason many of you still continue a witch hunt and question Dr. Feller's character. Is it every day we see Dr. Feller react the way he did to this patient? Does he just come on this forum willy nilly and go off on people? I don't think so. My suggestion if you seem to care so much is to go have an in-person consult with Dr. Feller. I have found him to be nothing but a "gentleman and a scholar" and a surgeon who truly does care about his patients. Believe me, I wouldn't spend time posting on this thread if I thought otherwise.