5000+ Grafts Dr. Rahal (With Pics)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W-O-W! Great results...you must be sooo happy! I can't wait to get my HT with Dr. Rahal in December even more now!!! Congrats!

That is a frickin epic result. Congrats to you and Dr. Rahal.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

That result is nothing short of mind blowing, that Dr. Rahal is a genius, congratulations. I remember you saying that part of your crown was still untouched, I was wondering if you could show us a top/back view to get an idea of where you stand there.

Thank you all so much for your kind words. They are all appreciated.

Superfine hair - Dr. Rahal suggests using minoxidil starting one month post op and keep using it for a year. I have done this and will keep going after 12months.

Rock - Part of the crown was not touched as you said and while it is not all that bad, I will get it addressed one day. Dr. Rahal hit the outer edges in this procedure and considering where I started, I am thrilled. I have about 5000 grafts left in the bank and it's tempting to dive into a second op but I am holding off for multiple reasons. I have not posted crown pics simply because it was not really worked on much and to be honest, I don't like looking at it (even though again, it's not all that bad). I'll see about pulling a crown pic and posting however.

Edited by Cant decide

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Unbelievable. So pleased for you. So jealous of your results!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I think the only thing different Rahal does is the post op where he suggests using Vitaman E to keep the grafts moisterized. I wonder if this accounts for the early growth of his patients?

I think most surgeons will instruct patients to keep grafts moist using a product of some sort. It's certainly not unique to Dr Rahal, at least. I don't think Vitamin E can account for early growth.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update for those that may be interested. I am at about 12.5 months and since 8 months I have seen only small improvements in density which does not really matter because by 8 months, I was already well past my expectation density wise. However, I have seen nice improvement in overall maturing and hair manageability. The hair is not as wavy and lays better on my head. I am hoping this continues for a few more months.

One thing I did want to point out for those who wonder about naturalness. I must say, that part of it is a TOTAL non issue. I mean nobody would ever know it is a HT and I even forget myself that it is not my native hair.

It is a nice feeling to know that with one very large procedure, I was able to cover the entire top of my head (Front and mid back to the beginning of the crown) as well as the sides of the crown (to frame my entire head) with enough density that I will not have to have those areas touched in future procedures. I can focus on getting the crown done with possibly a very very small addition of grafts in the temple cormers (I am talking like 250 total on the corners).

Thanks again everyone for all of your kind words over these past months.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Just a quick update for those that may be interested. I am at about 12.5 months and since 8 months I have seen only small improvements in density which does not really matter because by 8 months, I was already well past my expectation density wise. However, I have seen nice improvement in overall maturing and hair manageability. The hair is not as wavy and lays better on my head. I am hoping this continues for a few more months.

One thing I did want to point out for those who wonder about naturalness. I must say, that part of it is a TOTAL non issue. I mean nobody would ever know it is a HT and I even forget myself that it is not my native hair.

It is a nice feeling to know that with one very large procedure, I was able to cover the entire top of my head (Front and mid back to the beginning of the crown) as well as the sides of the crown (to frame my entire head) with enough density that I will not have to have those areas touched in future procedures. I can focus on getting the crown done with possibly a very very small addition of grafts in the temple cormers (I am talking like 250 total on the corners).

Thanks again everyone for all of your kind words over these past months.

Congrats Dear...You really had a remarkable transformation...

Now that you are done through your HT phase, Just wanted an expert opinion of yours, about whether Post H.T., I could do something for an early and good growth.

I see that lot of patients of Dr. Rahal show great results and that too very early.

I would be 27 years in 4 months and had a 3400 grafts H.T. in India, with one of the recommended doctors of the Forum. I am currently 2 months and 10 days post my H.T., `m applying Minoxidil 5% twice a day and taking generic Finasteride 1 mg on a daily basis now (was taking 3 days a week for some days) and also taking a multi-vitamin tablet for Hair and Nails which include 2500 mcg of Biotin...

Apart from this, based on your experience, would you suggest me to do something else for an early and good growth???

Would really appreciate your reply on this...

SC: In fact, my routine now and leading up to and after my procedure is/was EXACTLY like yours. Some grow fast and some slower but since you went to a reputable doc, chances are great that you will see the expected growth sooner or later. It just takes patience which I know is easier said then done.

Good Luck

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

SC: In fact, my routine now and leading up to and after my procedure is/was EXACTLY like yours. Some grow fast and some slower but since you went to a reputable doc, chances are great that you will see the expected growth sooner or later. It just takes patience which I know is easier said then done.

Good Luck

@CD: Thanks for the input buddy....I am keeping my fingers crossed......

• 1 month later...

Just a quick 14 month update. I continue to be very happy with my results. I would not say that I have seen significant thickening over the last 4-5 months but I have seen a good amount of maturing. The proof of this for me is that when my hair would get to 2.5" (Long for me), it was pretty unmanageable. But now when it gets to that length, I can manage it into a decent looking hairstyle. I do still elect to keep it at about 1.5" which is short by HT standards but seems to be my "Sweet spot" as it appears thickest at this length. I may have another sweet spot at a much longer length but I do not have the patience to try :)

The crown is still somewhat thin but has stabilized pretty well with the meds so I am happy about that. Hair greed setting in though and I want to get the crown fixed once I have been on the meds longer to make sure my stabilization is real. Can never be sure but I want my second HT to be my last and as large as possible since I want to make sure I get all remaining areas addressed at that time (Areas already addressed do not need to be touched again since the density is already very good).

The scar is a non issue and cannot find it except for a small pebble size bump at the top of the right end of the smiley face (No big deal). Naturalness is also a non issue and I challenge anyone to spot it even upon close examination and I just do not think they ever could. I do not think my hairdresser even knows (she has only ever seen me after it all grew in but I do think she would ask me if she thought it was a HT).

The strange thing is that I was NW 5 and even though I have drastically more hair, not many people have commented on my hair specifically. They must know something is up but they either can’t figure it out or they know and they just don’t say anything. It is hard to believe but it just goes to show how little people really give a ?%$^# about your hair.

CD

Edited by Cant decide

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Great story...so happy for you...congrats...your hair looks great...you came a LONG way from a NW 5...great coverage!!! I hope I get a great result like yours!!! Good Stuff!!!

Cant decide, I have had the same experience you had. I had two HTs and the change in my was dramatic. But very few people have ever said anything. So either they're thinking, what the...? or they are just not that much into my life to notice or care what's going on with my hair. Kinda funny. I was pretty secretive about my HTs at first, mainly because I wasn't so sure they were going to work. Now that they have worked, I'm not that uncomfortable with people knowing. Yeah, I had some hair moved around on my head to make better use of it, so what? Good on ya!

Tao - It is kind of strange. Sometimes I wonder if maybe the change is not as drastic as I think and then I look at before pictures and my wife slaps me upside the head and reminds me how much money we sunk into this and how I look totally different. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why almost nobody has said anything. When I went into this, I was worried that the change would be so drastic that many would say something and I would feel uncomfortable. Now that the opposite is true, I think I would like at least one person to say "Hey, you have more hair". It would be a sanity check of sorts.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

The strange thing is that I was NW 5 and even though I have drastically more hair, not many people have commented on my hair specifically. They must know something is up but they either can’t figure it out or they know and they just don’t say anything. It is hard to believe but it just goes to show how little people really give a ?%$^# about your hair.

Some might notice and just keep quiet to not be rude. Others probably just assume you are growing your hair longer. But I think generally you are right. People don't consciously notice. However, subconsciously I think they notice if you look better or not. One of my female friends said that my hair had never looked better at only four months post-op from my last procedure with Dr. Paul. She never knew I had a transplant but could tell something was different from the earliest of the growing months. And I wasn't slick bald before either.

Cant decide... you hair is looking awesome. Congrats on a successful procedure.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

A lot of people mention how their transformations seem to go unnoticed. I think back to my pre-hairloss days when I just didn't think about my own hair let alone anybody else's, and I can sort of see how, with that mindset, I might have missed the obvious.

Often you notice that someone looks better without realising why. The same goes for facial cosmetic surgery.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com