5000+ Grafts Dr. Rahal (With Pics)

Cant decide

I have just read all of this thread and your transformation is remarkable.

I can imagine years ago before you even considered a hair transplant, you would have never imagined being in the position you are now.

Congratulations to yourself and to Dr Rahal, but does he need any? He is consistently exceptional.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Chris. Even though I suffered through hairless for 10 plus years, I am very glad that I waited as long as I did. I think you know when things align and it's the right time. The right time, in my opinion, is not contingent only on how much hair you have lost but rather, enough research done, hair loss pattern showing it's hand, stabilization, mental readiness to deal with post op, and of course financially ready and many other factors.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

• 2 months later...

Stinger - To be honest, I was not totally comfortable until 8 weeks but I had allot of shockloss which you may avoid. Toppik for the top and dermatch for the scar are key in the early months. I stopped using both at 4 months.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

• 2 months later...

CANT DECIDE, you are one of the best cases of Dr. Rahal I have ever seen along with UNDERCOVER. You are totally a different guy by now...Congrats again.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Can't decide you should of built a blog as it seems a lot of people rate yours as a inspiring ht so it's a shame your pictures seem to be scattered all over different threads.

Hariri i decided to find undercovers blog as i saw your comment above and i have to agree that's a great ht and the weird thing is at 6 months it looks as if it's heading for a disaster. Do you know how many grafts he had as it doesn't say?

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Harrari - Thanks. Your result is awesome as well.

Bonker - Noted bud and your right. I think I may build a blog soon.

Anouar- I had to block out the faces or my wife would have had my head on a plate. I told her I was posting the pic and she demanded I block my daughter's face. Actaully, I like the privacy as well so I usually block out my face so I cant say its all her :)

Edited by Cant decide

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Bonkerstonker, UNDERCOVER had 4608 Grafts last Nov 2006 (8 years ago)...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• 7 months later...

Well, I have finally booked by second procedure with Dr. Rahal for August 2013. I am going in March for my consult and to discuss the game plan with Dr. Rahal. I have been on Proscar and Rogain foam since a few months before my first procedure in October of 2010 and it seems that I have basically stabilized my hairloss so I feel the time is right for my second (And last!!) procedure. I could have rushed into a second a year or two ago but I wanted to make sure I had a handle on my rate of loss and where I am headed. Based on discussions I have had with Dr. Rahal back when I had my first procedure on what I need, want, and what my donor is capable of, what I want to do is 3500 grafts in the following locations:

Most grafts placed in the following locations:

1. Each side of the crown so as to make my side profiles solid.

2. Work back into the crown overlapping just a bit from the midscalp where Dr. Rahal left off the first time.

3. Lower density at the remaining top crown circle (whater is left of the crown after the sides and top of crown are addressed with good density.

I am thinking 3000-3100 grafts for both of these.

Remaining Grafts:

1. VERY minor temple corner work. Not ncessarily to bring the temples corners forward but rather to make them denser in their current location so as to expand my styling options.

2. Whatever grafts are left over, add just a bit more density into my center hairline and possible lowering the center of the hairline very very slightly.

I am thinking 400-500 grafts at most for both of these.

As you can tell, I have been giving this alot of thought :) Of course, this is my educated idea of what should be done and what I want to do but of course, when I talk to Dr. Rahal, he may have other ideas and of course he needs to confirm if I can get more/less from my donor this time around. He said 3000 would not be an issue for me the second time around but that was 2.5 years ago and I want to see if he will be able to squeeze 500 more :) He thinks I have about 5000 total left with FUT alone.

For me, it is very important to make sure I hit the sides and top of the crown with very good density even if that means that the center crown is left somewhat thin. This will ensure my side profiles look good. My crown loss is such that I may be able to just put 3000 evenly distributed into it and get decent density overall but it is so important that my side profiles are solid and the back top of my head is solid that I am willing to put extra grafts in these locations and give up some density in the center crown. All to often, I see thin/bald crowns transplanted with even density and while they look better, the thinning diameter was not reduced. Instead, my approach would close the crown diameter with better density even if it means a thinner top center is left. I just think the side profiles are SOO key.

Thanks to all for your kind words over the last couple of years. Of course, I will continue to update my web page as well to document my progress.

Edited by Cant decide

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts