5000+ Grafts Dr. Rahal (With Pics)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure by now you guys are sick of my pics but I thought that I would post a couple more along with my before pic. These were family pics taken on a sunny day a few weeks ago. I promise these will be the last until the final result at 12 months which is three months from now :D

4081.jpg.3f8e9c0995fc1a0979d843ea8b1a758f.jpg

2.jpg.cb3afd0f843165cd03f03b5f06629deb.jpg

3.jpg.51eeb79f783bd01dec697bbbaa4c0089.jpg

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

LOL...Actually, my wife gave me a very stern warning of not showing the kids faces in these last pics which is probably why I was a bit more crazy with the eraser :)

Thanks for the kind words.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

• 4 weeks later...

MGZ - I don't have or take any crown shots because that area was not really worked on. The crown is not horrible since the bottom of the crown is up fairly high but its the crown laterals that are an issue. Dr R put a few grafts there this time around to make the thin area narrower but - will need another 2500 or so to complete it. I am told I have another 5000 or so grafts left but I am holding out and jumping in to a second procedure (although it is tempting). This first round took care of the entire front, mid, and some of the crown. Laterals with enough density that they will not need to be touched in a future procedure. The scar is pencil thin and very hard to find.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Your hair looks awesome. Really happy for you. Don't think you need to apologize for putting up more photos. Most people can't get enough and typically ask for more pics - diff angles, etc. Great job documenting your progress. Look forward to your final result in few months. :)

Unbelievable. Congratulations!!! You must be thrilled. Rahal does it again!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

CT - With respect to my hair charecteristics, believe it or not, I believe I would fall into the average category. My hair is medium in caliber and I have somewhat fair skin with dark hair. What saved me is my hair to graft ratio. I was at about 2.3 with allot of threes. Dr Rahal covered ALOT of territory,however, he did not touch the center crown. He did put some coverage in the crown laterals to complete the side profile. The crown is not horrible now but I will likely get it addressed in a couple of years. Also, believe it or not, I was planted at 59 in the hairline, 55 immediately behind that, 50 in the mid section, and then tapering to 40 down to 38 way in the back. I also think I was lucky to have an almost 100 percent yield. I am told I still have 5000 grafts left. I plan on my next procedure being my last so I am going with about 2500 in the crown and possibly some very minor temple work and then keep the remaining 2500 in the bank for any future unforeseen and unexpected loss.

Hey buddy, I originally posted this in response to your comments on my review of T&D, but I think it would be more appropriate here as it is completely off-topic for my thread and very much on-topic for your thread.

So I'll go ahead and delete it there and we can continue the discussion here...

Just to get everyone else up to pace, what follows is my response to the above quote where Can't Decide claims a density of 50-59 FU/cm2 from his HT with Dr. Rahal. I argue that it can't be that dense, but closer to 33 FU/cm2 throughout...

Can't Decide,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even with 100% yield, I don't understand how that is possible. Unless you were referring to hairs and not FUs, there is just no way.

You easily had 150cm2 covered. Divide that into 5,000 and you come out with 33 FU/cm2. Even if Rahal bulked up your hairline, that would have left your frontal third and midsection sparse, which doesn't look to be the case.

At 33 FU/cm2, and a high number of doubles and multiples, that can easily put you at 60 hairs/cm2 and give you good coverage. However, I'd be interested to see how dense your hair actually is up close. I mean, it looks terrific in the photos, but all your photos are at a distance.

As a point of reference, I had approximately 50-60cm2 covered with 3,000 grafts. Thus, my FU/cm2 should be somewhere around 50-55 FU/cm2 when it all grows in.

I consulted once with Rahal, great guy. When I spoke to him, he told me that he wanted to see a total of 3,500-3,800 grafts in my hairline and temples for a total of 60-65 FU/cm2. He said that this would translate into 65% of native density thereby giving me actual density as opposed to the illusion of density.

I hope I'm being clear and please correct me if my calculations were wrong. I'm not trying to take away from your result, as it's amazing and speaks for itself, but I just can't understand how you came to 50-59FU/cm2.

Let's try to figure this one out as I'm keen to know exactly what your density is and if I've been calculating density figures correctly.

Maybe Mattj can chime in on this one too...

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

CT - I think where the discrepency exists is in the actual size of the area covered. It may look like more but it was actually about 110 Sq cm. So at 5229 grafts, it was an average FU per sq cm of 47.5 fu/sq cm.

59 in the front 1 cm hairline

55 1 cm behind that

50 just behind that

about 42 the rest of the way in the mid/back

about 35-38 in the back

So, if you account for the distribution, the overall average is about 47.5 grafts per sq cm.

I hope this clarifies.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

CT - Check this thread out. This was a guy who had a similar distribution to mine. He had his done before my surgery and I was perplexed as to how he was about to get that many grafts per sq cm as it appeared his area was bigger than it actually was. See page 2 of the thread where he described the distribution.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/157466-great-transplant-dr-rahal-3918-grafts-2.html

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

CT - I think where the discrepency exists is in the actual size of the area covered. It may look like more but it was actually about 110 Sq cm. So at 5229 grafts, it was an average FU per sq cm of 47.5 fu/sq cm.

So, if you account for the distribution, the overall average is about 47.5 grafts per sq cm.

Can't Decide,

Ok dude, I get it now. This makes perfect sense. I didn't realize that it was only 110 cm/2, I thought it was at least 150cm/2!

Just by looking at it, it seemed like so much more surface area than I had, but apparently not. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

By the way, I'm glad to hear that you have another 5,000 grafts of donor supply. I know how reassuring that is. This certainly puts you in an even more auspicious position to completely address and ultimately conquer your hair loss.

Good luck and keep us updated. We all value your posts and photos... you're an asset to the community, so no more apologies for posting your pics.:)

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

• 1 month later...

I am two weeks shy of 12 months and I am calling this my final result since there have been no major changes over the last two months. I am sure I will continue to see some maturing. These pics were taken outside on a clear day.

I am very happy with the outcome to say the least.

md2.jpg.cfd56e22381ab2d9cd212ff28a47e62e.jpg

MD1.JPG.6141cceb407c9e62676c0a6be632e732.JPG

MD22.JPG.0fa546e806bdf6942a267c1b92e4d7bd.JPG

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts